• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
People talking as if Partey is a Gabriel type signing for midfield. Hes a world class midfielder, he should be starting no matter what. Speaks perfect English and Spanish. Theres no reason to not start him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I can understand not starting Partey if there was a decent alternative but a Partey with 1 training session is hardly going to be less useful than Elneny is he?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Honestly though, I'm not feeling this game, but at least football is back... again.

We should really just do away with international football for the forseeable future, just look at KTs and Guendouzi's situation right now.

Really want to see how this team can grow now that it has a better midfielder on it.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I can understand not starting Partey if there was a decent alternative but a Partey with 1 training session is hardly going to be less useful than Elneny is he?

We have Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny. I want Partey in the team asap just like anyone here but it might be too soon. This is what you get when you leave your business that late in the window.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
27 year old who has no issue dominating against the likes of Barca, Real and Liverpool. City is a walk in the park for him. If we have any desire of getting anything from this game, he needs to start. He's like Sanchez, a ready made world class player built for this league. These guys are different. They don't need any nonsense time off for adapting. The worse thing that can happen is that our midfield looks better than it usually does.

Jason Jace

We have Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny. I want Partey in the team asap just like anyone here but it might be too soon. This is what you get when you leave your business that late in the window.
How will sitting on the bench help him?
What's the difference between playing against city and playing Leicester especially as Leicester defeated man city ?
Why is it too soon for him to play football when his Job really is to play football?
If we believe our current midfield options usel good enough then why spend 45m on a new one ?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope we eventually move towards a 4 at the back so we wont go into meltdown when KT is injured/suspended/unavailable and we have to play Kolasinac at LCB.

Kolasinac at left back isnt as bad, he is way more comfortable there and was actually decent last season until he threw him into a centre back position.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has been quite careful and reserved so far in his Arsenal career. He's been steady and not one to take risks.

I will be pleasently surprised if Partey starts this game.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It would be a massive risk to start Partey in this. He is not part of the squad yet, he has very few training sessions with his teammates. The game after M.City or the one against Leicester is more appropriate in my opinion.
Our entire midfield is a massive risk tbf. Proven world class midfielder vs el neny or xhaka? Easiest decision of all time. Guy is supposedly very smart when it comes to tactics as well IIRC.

El Neny's 6 games, (3PL) with us won't make that big a difference either.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I just realised how weak City's midfield and wings are compared to last season after losing Silva and Sane.

If KDB doesnt start their creative midfielders will not be the usual standard City produce when you compare Foden and B Silva to KDB and D Silva. Hopefully Jesus and Aguero don't make the game either.

We may actually have a chance here, if all those players miss out and we give the kind of performance we saw against them in the FA cup semi.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I just realised how weak City's midfield and wings are compared to last season after losing Silva and Sane.

If KDB doesnt start their creative midfielders will not be the usual standard City produce when you compare Foden and B Silva to KDB and D Silva. Hopefully Jesus and Aguero don't make the game either.

We may actually have a chance here, if all those players miss out and we give the kind of performance we saw against them in the FA cup semi.
Sterling might have a worldy as CF.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You start Partey. He’s fit and been playing football, Gabriel came in and played a few games after not playing for 6th months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom