• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Jason Jace

I just read somewhere Brono Fernandez will be available for Manchester United despite being in contact with the infected Christiano Ronaldo

If this is the case why would Tierney not be available for us against City?

Is there a difference between The Tierney case , Fernandes case or even the Mane case ?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just read somewhere Brono Fernandez will be available for Manchester United despite being in contact with the infected Christiano Ronaldo

Is there a difference between The Tierney case , Fernandes case or even the Mane case ?
Scotland's isolation rules, contact with a positive case means lockdown. They can't be seen to be breaking it for a celebrity/footballer.

We got shegged by internationals more than anything, would look bad on their government if they broke the rules just for Tierney.

Jason Jace

@BigPoppaPump

Arteta going up in your estimations after this?
Is he the first player to be let go by a club?
When arteta first took over he started alot of games but with time he proved himself to be too weak for the kind of football arteta wanted
I think the last straw was the Chelsea match were he outmuscled by ****ing Jorginho for the equaliser

Jason Jace

Scotland's isolation rules, contact with a positive case means lockdown. They can't be seen to be breaking it for a celebrity/footballer.

We got shegged by internationals more than anything, would look bad on their government if they broke the rules just for Tierney.
The rule in Scotland is different from the one in England
But Tierney should currently be in England so he should be eligible

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is he the first player to be let go by a club?
When arteta first took over he started alot of games but with time he proved himself to be too weak for the kind of football arteta wanted
I think the last straw was the Chelsea match were he outmuscled by ****ing Jorginho for the equaliser

Arteta basically came to the exact same conclusion that Emery did, that even a clumsy clown like Xhaka provides more defensive stability than Torreira. Which is why both managers do not drop Xhaka but plays Torreira sporadically.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Sky are reporting that Fernández might miss up to 4 games. There's no logic to some of the rules.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Don't think this is the case, otherwise the whole Scotland squad would have to go in quarantine. It is when you come in 'close contact' with a positive case. Tierney and a couple of others were deemed exactly that. But how do they even define that? So it is ok for all the other players in the team to train, have close contact in training, sit at the same table at lunch/dinner time, travel in close proximity on a plane/bus, players hugging each other in goal celebrations?

Imo you either tell the whole squad to isolate or you just remove only the positive cases. This half way nonsense seems pointless.

Agree with this. The Scottish government wants to be seen to be in charge and applying the rules to all.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Don't think this is the case, otherwise the whole Scotland squad would have to go in quarantine. It is when you come in 'close contact' with a positive case. Tierney and a couple of others were deemed exactly that. But how do they even define that?
They were in the same hotel room together playing Fifa. Tierney swears there was distance but that’s hard to prove and end of the day they shared an enclosed space.

That’s the kind of proximity Scotland authorities deems close anyways. Also what I meant by close contact - that’s why the whole team hasn’t been made to isolate, just whoever was in the room that night (three players including Tierney if I remember right).

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
The question of Arsène attending a game again was put to Mikel Arteta at his press conference today, and he was openly enthusiastic about the prospect.

“I would like to see him back around us,” he said.

“He was a massive figure for me and he’s someone that I can still learn a lot of things from and I would like to have him closer to us.

“Obviously the actual environment doesn’t allow us to do it, but I think he’s a figure that has to be very present in what we do at the football club because he is, in my opinion, the one who had the vision and helped this club to evolve and be what it is today.”

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The question of Arsène attending a game again was put to Mikel Arteta at his press conference today, and he was openly enthusiastic about the prospect.

“I would like to see him back around us,” he said.

“He was a massive figure for me and he’s someone that I can still learn a lot of things from and I would like to have him closer to us.

“Obviously the actual environment doesn’t allow us to do it, but I think he’s a figure that has to be very present in what we do at the football club because he is, in my opinion, the one who had the vision and helped this club to evolve and be what it is today.”

Arteta is just great. Of course Arsène should be around the club and involved. Kroenkes should have kept him around instead they employed crooked Raul who embezzled loads

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Sharing is caring, fren

He was asked whether he saw a coach/manager in Arteta, and he’s talked about his leadership qualities, commutation skills and his high football IQ.

He said the players gravitated towards him, and listened whenever he spoke which made it easier for him to make him the captain.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta linked with Pau Torres, I know it’s just a rumour but surely we won’t be spending big on another CB.

Top Bottom