• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Eke3xtOXEAAXpDx

Looks like 11 v 11 to me. And you say Trilly can't count?
Own your mistake.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Eke3xtOXEAAXpDx

Looks like 11 v 11 to me. And you say Trilly can't count?

Ake, Fernandinho and Mendy

:lol::rofl:

That’s a dreadful backline...if we don’t win this ffs.

Willian can’t start this one over Pepe or even Saka especially with Mendy starting. We need to isolate him 1 vs 1.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ake, Fernandinho and Mendy

:lol::rofl:

That’s a dreadful backline...if we don’t win this ffs.

Willian can’t start this one over Pepe or even Saka especially with Mendy starting. We need to isolate him 1 vs 1.
Yeah. As long as Mendy is playing and Pepe starts we'll definitely get goalscoring chances.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If I remember correctly Pepe was quality in the semi final last season, reckon Mendy would be the perfect defender that Nico could exploit if he starts.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Even with no de Bruyne and Aguero they are the clear favourites. I would celebrate a draw here. City will look for reaction

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Even with no de Bruyne and Aguero they are the clear favourites. I would celebrate a draw here. City will look for reaction

:lol:

That’s a small time mentality.

I’m not sure if you watched City against Leicester and Leeds but they looked dreadful. Ake, Fernandinho and Mendy plus Sterling playing as a 9 :facepalm: we have to go for the 3 points here just like we’ll have to do the same against Man Utd at Old Trafford in a few weeks. I’ll be disappointed with a point in either game.

We show these teams too much respect when we go away from home that’s why our recent record has been terrible.

Edit: Even that midfield of Rodri, B.Silva, Foden, Torres etc looks a bit lightweight to me. They’ve got quality but not really convinced by their team without KDB.

Pop Tart

Established Member
If I remember correctly Pepe was quality in the semi final last season, reckon Mendy would be the perfect defender that Nico could exploit if he starts.
Played a big part in auba 2nd goal even though it was a Tierney assist

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
:lol:

That’s a small time mentality.

I’m not sure if you watched City against Leicester and Leeds but they looked dreadful. Ake, Fernandinho and Mendy plus Sterling playing as a 9 :facepalm: we have to go for the 3 points here just like we’ll have to do the same against Man Utd at Old Trafford in a few weeks. I’ll be disappointed with a point in either game.

We show these teams too much respect when we go away from home that’s why our recent record has been terrible.

Edit: Even that midfield of Rodri, B.Silva, Foden, Torres etc looks a bit lightweight to me. They’ve got quality but not really convinced by their team without KDB.

Without KDB, Aguero and David Silva no longer there, we should be able to get a result there. Those three players were the ones that always played great against Arsenal home and away. This current team without Yaya Toure, prime Aguero and prime David Silva are nowhere near as scary. If we go in there and get destroyed, then I'd have to start questioning Arteta.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Hard to see where City’s goal will come from, probably Mahrez or Foden. City aren’t the same without a no.9 spearheading their attack.

Sterling is much more threatening coming from the left.

Can’t call the match but more optimistic than I would normally be.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I know there’s a buzz around the place but backing a team with a record as bad as ours vs the top 6 away is just asking arsenal to humble you
Hopefully we play well & Pepe scores.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Pepe isn't going to start and it makes me sad. If he doesn't grab a starting place soon I'm going to be really concerned.

Arteta seems to rate him but not play him.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Ake and Fernandinho as CB's? I'm pretty sure they will line up with Dias and Laporte as the central pairing.

For us I don't think Gabriel will be playing LCB. Not sure he is suited for that at all (the attacking side of that role). Think Tierney will make it anyway. Also won't be surprised to see Ceballos start.

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

If this is the team I'm disappointed Pepe isn't starting. Also think El-Neny next to Partey makes perfect sense

As a side note - does Özil just do laps of the training ground these days? :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I recall when Shaun Wright-Phillips was playing for them.

They were the whipping boys in the league... How times change!

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Really hope Pepe gets rewarded for his contribution by starting this game. Guy needs a confidence boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom