• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well I'd rather we stay competitive in big games than be smoked out in the first 20 minutes.

I think people are forgetting how dreadful we looked under Emery and late Wenger away to the big sides AND STILL got destroyed.

Sure Arteta is conservative at the moment but I do expect that to change as Gabriel is looking solid and Partey should hopefully be enough presence in MF that we can start looking to dominate rather than drop back.

EDIT: Willian at CF was dogsh!t though, no getting away from that.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Defensively we look a lot lot more assured. Needs to keep things simple, he's chopping and changing the frontline every game, causing the players to look like strangers out there. You need to let them create partnerships on the pitch.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Our football is an eyesore, way too pragmatic. No reason why that should continue as the season goes on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Should have adjusted to Auba v Walker, Pierre was basically a non factor today due to Walker's pace and strength.

Still 110% behind him though...meaning I could back track 10%, but still be completely behind him.

Gunners1616

Arteta being exposed today. I understand the idea of playing safe last season because the defense was weak but now he has Gabriel and lots of options in midfield so no more excuse.

Seems like there is no plan B. We can only attack from the back and with long balls.

It's time to play football so stop with this 5 at the back non-sense. We need to play with a high line, attack, press high and stop being scared of losing and conceding.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We need to switch to 433 and probably buy another playmaker.

If we want to create chances in this formation then we basically need somebody like Firmino.

Walker nullified Auba and we ran out of ideas. That’s the disadvantage of a lopsided system.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Massive run of games coming up here. Leicester, United, Villa, Leeds, Sp**s. All in varying degrees of form but ultimately games we need to take as close to maximum points from.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Massive run of games coming up here. Leicester, United, Villa, Leeds, Sp**s. All in varying degrees of form but ultimately games we need to take as close to maximum points from.
I was looking at the fixtures few days ago, and man there are no gimmes in this league. Every game looks tough. You saw Southampton today, shipped 5 at home against Sp*rs, nearly came back from a 2 goal deficit to win the game at Stamford Bridge.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Literally no reason for Willian at CF.

This is of course clearly a false statement.

Whether you agree with it is another question—I’m not sure I do—but there are myriad reasons to put Willian centrally and Auba wide (and let’s not act like Arteta is the only one who does this—look no further than Guardiola in CL with Foden centrally Jesus from the left).

Among them: central forward is the press setter, does more running (Arteta seems to prefer to save Auba for running off the ball and scoring, limiting his donkey work, and Willian is a better presser besides). Willian has better close control and better able to hold the ball up in tight spaces centrally. Willian playing centrally, like Laca, allows Auba to make camouflaged runs from the outside and also provides us with an outlet down the left for Xhaka and Tierney which in the past has proven fruitful in these games.

Now, this worked out with City funneling the ball into Auba’s feet and Willian quite uninvolved on the ball, scarcely getting a touch, and Auba getting touches in playmaking positions where you’d much rather Willian on the ball making those decisions. Hence why I say whether it was the right decision is quite arguable. But to say there was no reason to do so is demonstrably false and clear hindsight is 20/20 syndrome.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom