• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Don't think it was a bad game at all. We aren't just quite there yet, but comparing this game with all other games against Liverpool and City, it's been a big big jump improvement wise.

We do all the defensive things and build-up play under pressure to a level that's pretty close to the one of any other elite club now, just need to build up from there and finally close the gap to attack now. It'll come, you see it to bits already.

Kav

Established Member
Its like watching Emery's team except that its a bit better defensively. Still no substance or structure to our play going forward. Just seems disjointed. Defensively we are ok, but we create so little going forward and our players seem afraid to take shots outside the box. Which is stupid in my opinion.

4650.jpg

Imagine a parallel universe where we have one but decide to park him on the wing and play Willian up front instead
You could understand Arteta wanted pace on the outsides. Still, Auba has been quite poor in recent times. Martinelli needs to heal up ASAP and push him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Having Auba, Lacazette, and Nketiah as our front three to end the game was absolutely boneheaded. There was no ability to create for either themselves or each other between them.
There’s nothing else though? Willian only creates 5 goals a year.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Some good patches. Poor in attack. Could have got a draw out of that one. City shaded it I guess.

Am I misreading the sentiment of some of these posts? Seems like some here are leaning towards a change of manager again?

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
The defensive merits of the 343 are good but we just suffer as a creative force when we play like this.

Not sure what more we can expect as we play the same against big or small teams. Maybe Arteta wants the club to embrace this structure before he unleashes Wengerball 2.0.

Miss the intricate passing of OG Wengerball, defence out the window and put on a show.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
It's like he's told the players..

"yeh we never get a result up here, enjoy the day out, catch a few cards, try and score but if not, hey it's only 1-0"

Best chance in ages we've had to beat these cvunts at the etihad.

roz

Fake News Merchant
They’ve been leaking goals for fun and are riddled with injuries. It had more to do with them than us.
Lol. Imagine spending a billion on a squad and moaning about injuries. They’re on the back of a shocking defeat to Leicester, they were very conservative, very unusual to see City play like that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Willian turns up 1 game per season, sadly ours was fulham away. He's been gash man.

Chelsea fans did warn us that he plays 1 good game every 5 games but we ended up handing him a 3 year deal with 220k a week.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
based on last season we have now played our two most difficult fixtures so I see no reason to be pessimistic yet

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The game went pretty much as expected, the cup game would've went the same way if City scored the first goal, but we did in that game, soaked up pressure and hit them on the break. We weren't really setup to take the game to City and chase it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Great Martin Tyler quote... "Arsenal haven't had anywhere near enough of the ball in this second half."

A stat pops up 1 second later, second half possession is 50/50 :lol:
Guy is pushing 80. Don’t want to be harsh, it’s hard listening to him now.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think we can see that we still need an Aouar like creator. Arteta might be able to conjure up some good attacking play further down the line but right now he needs to rely on individual quality for goals. There's no doubt he is really fixing the defence

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Some good patches. Poor in attack. Could have got a draw out of that one. City shaded it I guess.

Am I misreading the sentiment of some of these posts? Seems like some here are leaning towards a change of manager again?

Think you're misreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom