• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We should have tried to buy him this summer. His value is only going to go up and Madrid will need the money for Camavinga. I have huge hopes for Ceballos.

Him, Partey and Willian in a 3 on paper should make our central area potent. 3 hard workers, who are all quality on the ball.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope in the next couple of matches we see Ceballos at AM with Xhaka and Partey behind him.

Ceballos has the technique and vision to be dangerous in a more attacking position, but he also has the workrate and strength to press the defense and win back possession.

A midfield three of Ceballos, Xhaka, and Partey can be really good.

Makavelii

Was our second best player against City (after Saka).
Made some incisive passes and won the ball back several times launching counter attacks. We seemed most likely to score in a few of these cases.

Could have done more defensively for the goal though when he and Xhaka left a hole in midfield for Aguero to run into.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Was our second best player against City (after Saka).
Made some incisive passes and won the ball back several times launching counter attacks. We seemed most likely to score in a few of these cases.

Could have done more defensively for the goal though when he and Xhaka left a hole in midfield for Aguero to run into.
If we have the right players (quicker defenders), our defensive line could push higher with our front line when we press. So our midfield will not have gaps (as our front line and defensive line are close together).

But in our plan, we have a deeper defensive line, to prevent their strikers runing past our defenders (although it will leave gaps in the midfield). Our CMs were pushed up so that we can create an effective press. If the plan went well, city should be struggled to build from the back, they will be forced to go long. Despite us pressing well as a unit, Guardiola finds a way to create the spare man, and break our press. If this happened, they could exploit the gap we have left in the midfield. You can see the goal we conceded is similar to the one we conceded to Chelsea in the FA cup final.

I watched bits the match casually (not using an analysing mind to watch it). So I am not sure how Guardiola beat our press (Could be that they have tuck in a winger centrally to create more numbers for passing options).

For us, one solution is of course have a quicker defender, so that we can push our defensive up to close the midfield gaps. But more importantly, I would like to go back and watch the match again, to see if Arteta was reactive to Guardiola’s way of getting out from our press. Did Arteta make tweaks to shxt down guardiola’s solution? Or did he create another problem for Guardiola to solve?

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People still expecting him to better than what they have been seeing for the past two season?

NeEdS BeTtEr PlAyErS aRoUnD hIm.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I liked Ceballos yesterday. He had little to work with though and minimal movement. There were a couple of times where he's had to stop with the ball and tell his team mates to move into space.

Don't want to see him so out attacking midfielder though, prefer him as our fulcrum.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes he was trying to do something positive with Saka i like his defensive work and workrate at times.

blaze_of_glory

Forgot he was playing at times today. Didn't get on the ball nearly enough and along with both other midfielders went backwards too often when he did have it.

mpower2540

Forgot he was playing at times today. Didn't get on the ball nearly enough and along with both other midfielders went backwards too often when he did have it.
Think he’s hideously overrated, lots of neat and tidy pretty touches but such little thrust. Think he was carrying a bit of a knock but I’m genuinely not bothered about keeping him. Classic possession player who doesn’t actually get you anywhere but the stuff he does looks good.

blaze_of_glory

Think he’s hideously overrated, lots of neat and tidy pretty touches but such little thrust. Think he was carrying a bit of a knock but I’m genuinely not bothered about keeping him. Classic possession player who doesn’t actually get you anywhere but the stuff he does looks good.
He's had some really good patches but seems inconsistent. Unless he's really fired up he seems to stop trying to make anything happen

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He doesn't even have pretty touches.

Best he's given us so far was defensive hustle at the end of last season. Is that what we want a "technical" CM for?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He doesn't do well on the right. Has tunnel vision. Created a good chance for Saka with a great cross but didn't do well after that.

mpower2540

He doesn't even have pretty touches.

Best he's given us so far was defensive hustle at the end of last season. Is that what we want a "technical" CM for?
I’d rather have kept Guendouzi and tried to improve him and I’m not even a guendouzi fan. This guy just has so many traits I don’t like in a footballer, slow, fancies himself with about 10 touches so he slows the game down completely, weak as piss but hey he can cruyff turn back towards his own goal when he’s about to be caught. He’s clearly got technical ability but he’s so easily countered, just a meh player to me.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Looked like he did most of last season. Hopefully that run to end the season wasn't a fluke and this is not what he really is like.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's an actual footballer, unlike some of the utter shyte around him. No, he wont turn it on every week. But it's clear as day he's high quality.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom