• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It's a mistake to give Auba his big fat contract, and it seems we have learnt nothing from the Özil debacle. How can we go around whining about Kroenke not giving us money to spend, when we are doing a terrible job getting the max out of the money we do have? When we pay a player 300k-350k per week you expect someone who can do more than merely playing well, you expect someone who is able to carry the team by himself the way Sanchez/Henry/Cesc/RVP carried us in the past. Auba is incapable of being that player, just like Özil he's icing in the cake and will never be the cake. He can only perform when the rest of the team is performing. And at his age his decline is something that is inevitable and totally expected, so no one can say they can't see his decline coming before he signed his contract.
It’s begun already. Wow.

Manberg

Predator
All of a sudden Arsenal fans are expecting Auba to dribble past three players and score himself. It's not the job of our midfielders or creators to make chances for him anymore, Auba has to make and score the chances himself. :lol:

He has always been a player who relies on service to score. He's an elite finisher, if we create chances for him he'll score them. The problem is we're creating **** all. It's more of a tactical/creativity issue.

He has to dribble past Kyle Walker. Auba was getting the ball on the edge of the box and kept on wasting it. Do you think Salah and Mane have needed creativity from their midfield?
Auba and Pepe were our weak points yesterday, for lack of effectiveness and lack of movement in and around the six yard box. They even had support from the wingbacks but they weren’t moving into areas where they could be lethal.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Need to start creating from the right so that Auba can get on the end of things.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Wishful thinking with Bellerin and Pepe.
Bellerin and Pepe don’t have a CB joining into the attack and creating overlords for them. We also don’t have a RCM. Ceballos only very occasionally drifts over there. We have a lopsided system.

It’s clearly a tactical thing but if you don’t want to/can’t see that then I don’t know.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Bellerin and Pepe don’t have a CB joining into the attack and creating overlords for them. We also don’t have a RCM. Ceballos only very occasionally drifts over there. We have a lopsided system.

It’s clearly a tactical thing but if you don’t want to/can’t see that then I don’t know.

We have a lopsided system because Bellerin and Pepe aren't that good lol, like you really expect them to consistently create chances? One who can't cross and another that doesn't know what to do with the ball other than dribble. If you can't see that then I don't know.

All our best players are on the left side, until we get better right sided players all you need to do is mark Auba and Tierney out the game and we can't do anything. Our midfield is poor regardless.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Niles should be given a run at RWB, absolutely no reason for Arteta to keep picking the Youtuber week in week out, bar that they are mates.

Pyres7

He has to dribble past Kyle Walker. Auba was getting the ball on the edge of the box and kept on wasting it. Do you think Salah and Mane have needed creativity from their midfield?
Auba and Pepe were our weak points yesterday, for lack of effectiveness and lack of movement in and around the six yard box. They even had support from the wingbacks but they weren’t moving into areas where they could be lethal.
That's never been his game. He's always been a player who gets on the end of chances and puts them away. That's not going to change just because he signed a lucrative contract.

Arteta knows that too, that's why he designed this system to create space for him with overloads with Tierney and the LWB. Last season it was working, he was getting the service and scoring clinically. But that move was always a bit gimmicky and teams have clocked onto it. The lack of creativity in our team has really been exposed.

Auba was terrible yesterday but the goals will come back once we start making chances for him. The fact that we're not creating chances is the bigger issue.

Manberg

Predator
That's never been his game. He's always been a player who gets on the end of chances and puts them away. That's not going to change just because he signed a lucrative contract.

Arteta knows that too, that's why he designed this system to create space for him with overloads with Tierney and the LWB. Last season it was working, he was getting the service and scoring clinically. But that move was always a bit gimmicky and teams have clocked onto it. The lack of creativity in our team has really been exposed.

Auba was terrible yesterday but the goals will come back once we start making chances for him. The fact that we're not creating chances is the bigger issue.

It made a good chance for Auba. He should’ve done better, despite also being a good save. You can’t expect many chances against the best teams you need to be clinical.

BigPoppaPump

Niles should be given a run at RWB, absolutely no reason for Arteta to keep picking the Youtuber week in week out, bar that they are mates.

:lol: I think Bellerin gives Arteta fashion advice, bet they talk about jackets more than football in training.

Riou

:lol: I think Bellerin gives Arteta fashion advice, bet they talk about jackets more than football in training.

I know I shouldn't care about what he does off the field, but it is quite annoying, especially when he has been quite poor on the field for a good few years now...like when we lose and does interviews saying how there is more to life than football, don't say that when we lose ffs.

Or when he gets twisted all game by some average premiership winger, then tweets a picture of him basically wearing a bin bag or pajamas at a fashion show with "London Boi" as his caption or some ****...it infuriates me :mad:

Absolute fav though was when he did that interview about AFTV, saying how they are profiting of failure...well done ***** for admitting you are failing!

Sometimes he seems like a character out of a comedy film that thinks they are intellectual, but are really just an out of touch idiot :lol:

BigPoppaPump

I know I shouldn't care about what he does off the field, but it is quite annoying, especially when he has been quite poor on the field for a good few years now...like when we lose and does interviews saying how there is more to life than football, don't say that when we lose ffs.

Or when he gets twisted all game by some average premiership winger, then tweets a picture of him basically wearing a bin bag or pajamas at a fashion show with "London Boi" as his caption or some ****...it infuriates me :mad:

Absolute fav though was when he did that interview about AFTV, saying how they are profiting of failure...well done ***** for admitting you are failing!

Sometimes he seems like a character out of a comedy film that thinks they are intellectual, but are really just an out of touch idiot :lol:

He comes across as the type of guy who's learnt about the world and it's issues through social media. Doubt he's read books or articles on issues he's on about, just does it for likes and retweets and for people to think he's a good person.

It's cut him a lot of slack, people don't criticise him and he's a fan favourite because he's a good person. I don't really give a f it's all for show and PR to me. But I hear people saying they want him to stay and be our captain and stuff like that. I want use to buy a better RB he's not even top 5 in the league.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
All of a sudden Arsenal fans are expecting Auba to dribble past three players and score himself. It's not the job of our midfielders or creators to make chances for him anymore, Auba has to make and score the chances himself. :lol:

He has always been a player who relies on service to score. He's an elite finisher, if we create chances for him he'll score them. The problem is we're creating **** all. It's more of a tactical/creativity issue.
You’re right.

It’s a creative issue. That’s why we need everyone to help creating. That’s why we need a striker who is good at combination pass play, have great control in tight space and dribbling skills that beat defenders. Someone like Suarez/van Persie/Benzema.....

We don’t want players who are just good at goal scoring. Because if we have players like this, we are one player down in possession, and we can’t create anything out of our tactics. And this becomes a tactical issue.

We shouldn’t expect auba to do any of the above. He is not capable. We should have never signed Auba, Laca and Özil. These are the kind of players who are poor on the ball.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

The bloke just came back from a horrific injury and has started performing very well, he's been fantastic in all our games this season bar Man City away.

Its like people store **** up to throw at players they personally dislike for when they perform badly. Its honesly baffling. Support your club and support the players that play for it. They're human like anyone else.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Auba is within the problem of not creating enough chances.

If the opponent have to defend against 5 of our attacking players. And if we have 5 auba, we will have no combination passing play/no dribbling skills. So our team will have no possession and no chances created.

If we have 5 Suarez, we will have complete control and create chances after chances.

To have a auba type of player in our team will make us creating less chance. Having 2 will be even worse.

Last edited:

Riou

The bloke just came back from a horrific injury and has started performing very well, he's been fantastic in all our games this season bar Man City away.

Its like people store **** up to throw at players they personally dislike for when they perform badly. Its honesly baffling. Support your club and support the players that play for it. They're human like anyone else.

Maybe I am being too harsh on him, but there is no way he has been fantastic all season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Auba has had a slow start but in a team devoid of pace and movement in so many areas, there's not to much we can do and he's easily snuffed out. He pulled out of the internationals to recover from his ankle sprain, so I'd hope he'll be fully fit next week. The main thing is that we are still unbalanced. Only Tierney and Saka have the pace and technique to compliment him. I've never seen an Arsenal forward spend so much time in our own half tbh.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Auba played 10 mins at cf and created one big chance and missed a big chance. Teams are prepared for his out to in movement. The team now needs to develop away from only one form of build up. It is a systemic issue.

It’s really that simple.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We have a lopsided system because Bellerin and Pepe aren't that good lol, like you really expect them to consistently create chances?
We have a lopsided system to create overloads and therefore space for Auba our best player. I should be asking you how you can't see that.

Bellerin is just as good on the ball as Tierney. KT isn't Monreal, as for Pepe he's clearly talented just not used enough or correctly. If his goal last week was a fluke then he has a whole season in Ligue1 that shows what he can do with the ball.

Reactions: roz
Top Bottom