• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Hmm I did think it was a waste of resources and a signing very much lacking a shred of shrewdness, but I honestly thought it was more so that we'd regret his last year/year and a half.

I didn't expect him to be quite this flat so early but to be fair in the last game he was played out of position.

Maybe we could try him @10, he looked decent there linking up with the MF in the 2nd half of Sheffield when he was put there.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't get it. What is the problem of using Auba at the center and Wilian as the left wing?

Willian is a terrible left winger, any Chelsea fan could have told you that before we signed him. He has value only when he is played on the right. Why we signed him when we paid big money for Pepe to play in our right, I have no idea.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
All my Chelsea friends and when I'd read their forum said the same thing. He's good for 1 game a month basically, has 1 good game then 5 bad then 1 good again and repeat.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I want to know what Arteta saw to play Willian at CF for the first time in his career? It's so illogical .

Arteta wants to replicate the Liverpool front 3 with Willian as Firmino playing deep so that Pepe and Auba can be Salah/Mane and cut in from the flanks. If we want to be able to play both Pepe and Auba in the same lineup then this is probably the most viable option. We can play Auba centrally like all the fans want if we want Pepe to be useless and not have space to operate.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Arteta said he was going to play Willian centrally the day he signed. We shouldn't be surprised the day has arrived.

Kysus

Willian is a top footballer who is great at finding pockets of space and use them to bring others into play(linkup)
That's why Arteta tried to use him in that role(spring Pepe and Auba into space in transition) but it unfortunately did not work as the cohension between the 3 was lacking(Walker pocketed Auba too) and Willian was left chasing shadows most of the game.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Arteta wants to replicate the Liverpool front 3 with Willian as Firmino playing deep so that Pepe and Auba can be Salah/Mane and cut in from the flanks. If we want to be able to play both Pepe and Auba in the same lineup then this is probably the most viable option. We can play Auba centrally like all the fans want if we want Pepe to be useless and not have space to operate.
But that doesn't work unless Auba and Pepe are gonna make runs from out to in. They just stayed wide. Especially Auba. Make no sense to me. Also why would you try it for the first time against a team like City?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
But that doesn't work unless Auba and Pepe are gonna make runs from out to in. They just stayed wide. Especially Auba. Make no sense to me. Also why would you try it for the first time against a team like City?

I think the City game was seen as a loss before we even arrived in Manchester so as good a game as any to try. It almost worked too.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s gonna end up like Mhki. We’re gonna try and hoard him to every club in Italy next summer. Such a silly transfer. Willian has been in the PL for 7 years. He’s a known entity, I have seen him enough times to tell you Willian is not a creator, false 9 Firmino wannabe, a LW, a 10 or an 8. He’s basically an upgraded Iwobi that is only fairly consistent when played on the right. Works hard for the team and provides balance but don’t expect creativity from him. I can only hope ESR or Nelson come good and bench him.

tcahill

I feel like the vast majority on here didn't want him at first, but once it was clear that he was our only offensive signing we tried to persuade ourselves that he was good.

So far he's been meeting our initial expectations.

I've had a look at a few Chelsea threads about him and the general consensus is that he's only consistently good when bringing the ball from deep. Struggles in the final third but has a solid workrate. Essentially Chelsea's Iwobi but old.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom