• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I still don't believe this will happen though.

Maybe the big clubs are trying to extort more money out of UEFA?

Pretty sure in 2018 Football leak hacked the email of Bayern CEO and found out that he's been trying to woo top clubs around Europe to form a super league.
I think then UEFA was forced to make some guarantees for them and the plan was shelved.

I think UEFA will end up increasing TV money, participation and prize money. Everyone is happy once again until they aren't.

I wouldn’t be so sure. TV companies would rather throw their money at a tournament where just the big teams play each other compared to what the Champions League offers. Most of the games in the group stages are **** apart from the odd glamour tie that gets drawn. The clubs will go wherever the most money is and this new tournament is likely to get a lot more money, especially at the start when it’s the new and shiny toy.

This will run alongside domestic leagues by the way. The Premier League clubs will want their cake and eat it. They aren’t going to throw away that cash cow.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
it'll be more fun if clubs who finish top 4 in every top leagues in europe can play in this new competition otherwise this competition will be boring after 1 year.

field442

Trusted ⭐
it'll be more fun if clubs who finish top 4 in every top leagues in europe can play in this new competition otherwise this competition will be boring after 1 year.

Will it though? We play pretty much the same teams every year in the Premier League and the games people care most about are against the same 5 clubs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Won’t a european league be boring after a while? We play Juventus one week, PSG the next, then Bayern etc.

PL is more exciting, more romantic. I want to watch Arsenal vs West Ham, go away to Burnley, play Sp**s in front of 60K North Londoners etc, have Xmas fixtures.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Will it though? We play pretty much the same teams every year in the Premier League and the games people care most about are against the same 5 clubs.
because the domestic leagues are different and more fun you play different level of teams with this new league you will play the best only and the same big European teams every season also in CL for example it'll give outside chance for other teams to shine like saw with Atalanta Leipzig.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Won’t a european league be boring after a while? We play Juventus one week, PSG the next, then Bayern etc.

PL is more exciting, more romantic. I want to watch Arsenal vs West Ham, go away to Burnley, play Sp**s in from of 60K North Londoners etc, have Xmas fixtures.
it won't affect the PL because this league will be played in midweek but i agree it'll be boring after 1 season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Play a game in Dubai, play a game in India, play a game in Japan etc.

So a European League will become its own sport really? I’m thinking out loud. It changes everything.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also funny they put Sp**s as top side even tho we haven't win european trophy but as least we won trophies what Sp**s did to be considered top english side?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
As if the game needs to be more exclusionary. Football is a game that should be accessible to as many people, clubs, and cultures as possible. Domestic leagues are way more romantic, and it preserves the special rarity of big european champions league nights and event fixtures.

I strongly don't want this. Distilling the biggest opportunities down to a few elite clubs to go round a contained competitive european carousel is already a problem, this just sets it in stone. I don't care if it benefits Arsenal financially, its not good for football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Moscow will need to have a team, so will Amsterdam, maybe Istanbul too.

One day Amsterdam will play Arsenal on Mars.

Then one day you invite Tokyo to have a team, Mumbai to have team, we know Dubai will get a team.

You create a new sport.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Sometimes less is more. I'm speaking purely from an entertainment POV but watching PSG vs Barca twice a season probably gets boring before you know it. Big teams don't want to get embarrassed thus you're going to get loads of 0-0 or 1-0 situations. Especially, if they want to win their domestic leagues too.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm not sure what happens to the CL if this happens, if there's 16 teams in it that would be a minimum of 30 matches per team.

Only 5 PL teams will be in it apparently, so whichever "big six" club misses out will probably be guaranteed a league title. :lol:

Arsenal: hold my beer.

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, completely idiotic, which is why it'll happen.

In brasil they tried to get a second league going due to TV rights and it was a fluke, fans rejected it and there wasn't a lot of money going around.

This, on the other hand has serious backing. Who would be the governing body?

Is there a difference between FIFA and UEFA here? Meaning, does UEFA take a cut of the TV and advertising money clubs get?

Having direct control over finances is big, but surely you don't want your big team placed 18th and relegated such a tournament?

What would this even mean? You get relegated and get to play normal premier league and champions league football?

field442

Trusted ⭐
Portuguese teams. Kiev maybe, one of the Moscow teams.

They’re not being included in this. Banks aren’t investing billions on the basis people are going to watch ****ing Kiev or Moscow. Benfica and Porto possibly but doubtful.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They’re not being included in this. Banks aren’t investing billions on the basis people are going to watch ****ing Kiev or Moscow. Benfica and Porto possibly but doubtful.
In terms of geography, Moscow and Istanbul are big markets. Both teams will improve too, they’ll be super powers in no time.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom