• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Look, there's gonna be a European Super League sooner or later, we all know it's coming. There's been such a will for it to happen for years now and money will talk in the end. As for the soul of football dying? It died years ago, we just have to accept it for what it is now. It's a sport that is now global at the top level and it'll continue to progress this way. You can only get in the way of progress for so long before it eventually happens.
We should jump on the Super League train ASAP.
A couple more finishes outside Top 6 under Arteta and we won't even get an invitation to the party.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The saddest part will be club like us though. Imagine not caring for the PL and having no chance to win this European thing and in it just for the money. We would exist solely to make money for the owner. With the Americans behind this they will make sure no one gets relegated

As an Arsenal fan I think it's a terrible idea and it would probably end my lifetime love affair for us if we whored our club to the European super League.

For the other 14 teams in the Premiership and aspiring Championship teans it could be brilliant. Clubs are pushing themselves to the limit financially to try to get into and then stay in the Premiership, it's all going to end in tears. In the long term it could help football as a whole, sure money would drop but so would wages and transfer fees. Domestic Football could get back closer to how it was before Sky ruined it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

As an Arsenal fan I think it's a terrible idea and it would probably end my lifetime love affair for us if we whored our club to the European super League.

For the other 14 teams in the Premiership and aspiring Championship teans it could be brilliant. Clubs are pushing themselves to the limit financially to try to get into and then stay in the Premiership, it's all going to end in tears. In the long term it could help football as a whole, sure money would drop but so would wages and transfer fees. Domestic Football could get back closer to how it was before Sky ruined it.
if they get 5 teams from england there and they get their 20 years guarantee of not being relegated. They will stop caring for the league and focus on this money train. The PL will become like league cup where no big team cares for it. The tv deals for the league will go down a lot and all the money will go to that league. I also think shortly after we will see these team play across America and Asia. If Americans get their way, football will change a lot real quick

TornadoTed

Established Member
if they get 5 teams from england there and they get their 20 years guarantee of not being relegated. They will stop caring for the league and focus on this money train. The PL will become like league cup where no big team cares for it. The tv deals for the league will go down a lot and all the money will go to that league. I also think shortly after we will see these team play across America and Asia. If Americans get their way, football will change a lot real quick

Totally agree the short term hit for the Premiership and English football in general would be huge, long term though maybe it is what it needs. The disparity between the big 6 and the rest is far too big, especially in wages. The amount of teams who are stretching themselves to the very limit financially is a huge worry, it's a bubble waiting to burst and maybe this is the pin. Football feels on the verge of collapse and something needs to change soon.

Let the big boys globe trot around the World playing in front of the highest bidder and let England get on with building a sustainable football league for the other 87 league clubs.

ClubLevel

If this does happen I think the top 6 will effectively play a B team in the Premiership. No way can the top players play a minimum of 72 club games + internationals every season.

It would make the Premiership lower quality but it could make it more fun and competitive if you are a fan of a current mid table team. Let's face it, the most exciting it gets for most teams outside the top 6 is mid table mediocrity, the odd surprise win and a decent cup run every few years.

By the looks of it though, with the exception of the founders the likes of us would still need to qualify for the Super League by finishing top 4 so might not be able to play a B team. Presumably they might increase the squad numbers or those in easier leagues (e.g. Bayern/La Liga) will probably have an advantage as they could get away with putting out a B team, I don't think anyone in the premier league could.

TornadoTed

Established Member
By the looks of it though, with the exception of the founders the likes of us would still need to qualify for the Super League by finishing top 4 so might not be able to play a B team. Presumably they might increase the squad numbers or those in easier leagues (e.g. Bayern/La Liga) will probably have an advantage as they could get away with putting out a B team, I don't think anyone in the premier league could.

It just isn't possible though. Between the Premier League, European League, FA Cup (which I assume will be kept) and Internationals you are looking at around 90 games a season, closer to a 100 in World Cup/Euro/ Copa/AFCON years.

Hjalmaar

So the 'Project Big Picture' is just a part of this super league plan but it seems this ****e just leaked out at the wrong time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Ek3MqASXEAEBFN8

roz

Fake News Merchant
If this happens Im out. Everyone who doesn’t agree with this money driven madness should join me.

I’ll start following a lower league side, football is unrecognisable since I started supporting the Arsenal. Top level football is soulless.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If this happens Im out. Everyone who doesn’t agree with this money driven madness should join me.

I’ll start following a lower league side, football is unrecognisable since I started supporting the Arsenal. Top level football is soulless.
I feel you were a much more positive poster back when you had the Pires avi.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Well, if this happens I'm sticking to FIFA football for football. That **** just sounds bland and boring really.

Top Bottom