• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What are you on about? Nearly every football contract is heavily incentivised and performance based.
Read my post. I'm talking specifically about 100kpw just to be named in the squad. That is extreme even in this climate.

Dc7cVhDWsAA76sR

Take this for example. The closest thing I can find is Alexis getting 75k a week for every start and that's United. Closest thing at Arsenal is Auba getting 50k for every start that we win. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Özil is getting 100k for every match he's named in the squad.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He can be human when his football career is done not during he playing it'll always backfire the club have sponsors they'll lose alot of money and this is what all about these days unfortunately money more important than human lives.
you expect a lot from people then.

You want him to stop because you dont agree with his views. What if you agreed with what he said?

Paddy from Sweden

I honestly think it's ridiculous that he added that last sentence to what was a statement about his Arsenal career and football, totally unnecessary. Trying to make himself a martyr. His followers will eat this up. It's all about him being a 'Victim' to these people. The guy could murder someone randomly and his followers would justify it because the club once made him train with the under 23's :lol:

He's paid £350k a week to be a footballer and we'd struggle to get game out of him outside of London or to get him to train every day like every other player. Sorry but he's lazy and self entitled. Should sort the career he's actually he's payed for out before he tries marketing himself in current affairs pundit / role model sphere.

My views have probably never changed so much on an Arsenal player, I don't think. Can't wait till he's out of the door.
Me neither. Loved the guy but now I can't stand him and his social media antics. If he would've been the least bit loyal he should've concentrated on his football career instead of things outside it, apart from family of course. But he lost focus on what it was that made Mesut Özil a career, being damn good at playing football. He should've put all other things aside until he had retired from the game. He could do his charities and stuff behind the scenes and let others take care of it and concentrate on playing football. That would've been to be loyal to Arsenal Football Club. But you steered off the path,Özil. Sad but true.

say yes

forum master baiter
Read my post. I'm talking specifically about 100kpw just to be named in the squad. That is extreme even in this climate.

Dc7cVhDWsAA76sR

Take this for example. The closest thing I can find is Alexis getting 75k a week for every start and that's United. Closest thing at Arsenal is Auba getting 50k for every start that we win. I'm finding it very hard to believe that Özil is getting 100k for every match he's named in the squad.
We’re not going to know the exact figures without examining Özil’s contract. However, I have little doubt the club will be saving a decent chunk of his salary by not selecting him. That is likely a factor in the decision to cut him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

How Özil sees himself...

How pretty much everyone else in the world sees Özil...

tumblr_mklocfn9841r3anrjo1_500.gif
Thanks for posting! One of my absolute favorite comedy movies. So many over the top characters. Best was Les Grossman. Wonder if that is Tom Cruise’s actual character? Think we often mistake public for personal character.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

We’re not going to know the exact figures without examining Özil’s contract. However, I have little doubt the club will be saving a decent chunk of his salary by not selecting him. That is likely a factor in the decision to cut him.
Depends on how much but providing he's not a starter, which I don't think he would be, then how much are we really saving here?

Does that offset the potential points cost of bringing on Willock & co. I dunno but looking at those example contracts there don't seem to be extravagant bonus payments for just being named on the bench.

Paddy from Sweden

Disgraceful behavior from the club.

Whether he plays or not, he will be paid every week until the end of his contract at seasons end.

The club should have been clear as to why they behave this way. Instead they have left it to turn this ugly.

In any other profession this looks like constructed dismissal.
The club is Özil's employer and as an employee you do as your employer says and what is expected of you. Otherwise you get fired. Özil hasn't done what is expected of him while still getting payed big. So coming out saying he's been loyal is quite laughable.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The club is Özil's employer and as an employee you do as your employer says and what is expected of you. Otherwise you get fired. Özil hasn't done what is expected of him while still getting payed big. So coming out saying he's been loyal is quite laughable.
He's training and has made himself available for selection. You're the same guy who said he should focus on football right?

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Very well timed. His PR team is on point. I dont buy that the club just suddenly wanted him out the team after Arteta was playing him. He did something to trigger that. Also he had the whole summer to leave so i dont know why the fvck he's acting all surprised that he's left out when the club wanted him out all summer. We move forward. Lets not let this distraction continue for the whole season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He'll always defend his guy erdogan no matter what and stand with turkey. Özil shouldn't talk politics its dangerous game and that what will happen
Think criticizing China for human rights abuses and cozying up to Erdogan at the same time doesn’t really jive well. It has to be either or as far as I see it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean you could go down the 'Özil PR route' and just assume he's been a bad professional and fallen foul of a tougher regime, and this is him protecting his public image.

Or maybe the club we support might actually be capable of d*ckheadedness, just a possibility. I mean i'm sure there are nice individuals there, but this is the same club that sacked a dinosaur and has cut off ties completely with its greatest ever manager. It might just be possible that they're not whiter than white.

Both variants are plausible tbh.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
He'll always defend his guy erdogan no matter what and stand with turkey. Özil shouldn't talk politics its dangerous game and that what will happen

And what’s wrong with defending Erdogan? There are former presidents both in Europe and in Amerikkka who have committed far more atrocities namely against YOUR country Iraq and few others and yet no one blames them. In fact they’re celebrated.

Both UAE and KSA have committed and still continue to commit heinous crimes and no one says sh*t simply because they’re both western puppets.

Don’t believe everything you read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom