• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I don't either, I have said many times it is likely a result of many things. But surely it is a footballing decision too as Arteta is interested in winning and keeping his job.

In the past I said if Willock gives in totality similar performances as Özil (which he did then) I would always play Willock who is young own product.

This time I will say that if Saka or ESR give similar total performances, I say Özil has no place in the squad. Especially if he has those performance bonuses.
Drippin has spoken. everyone wins. Özil gets paid. Arteta gets the willian he always wanted and the bum squad get to rejoice.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t get it. I don’t think the money you’d have to pay him would be worth anything he could produce.

I feel like the club is right for leaving him out and trying to move on. He’s been in a number of those matches against City for example and didn’t help us.

Yeah I don’t get the clamour for him.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Must've been a tough decision for Arteta, but they probably want to give the spot to one of the youngsters instead since Özil's time at the club is obviously at an end, I don't think it's any more political than that, if you can even call it that.

Shocked though, didn't see that coming at all.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
that must make you so happy. One of the best Arsenal fans ever. We are so lucky to have you.

I've supported Arsenal for over 25 years, I dread to think how much money I've spent going to matches and on merch. I'm not claiming to be the best or most knowledgeable fan in the world, but I've done my bit to support the club I love, over and above any one player.

You on the other hand have 'Özil is God' in your bio. So it's clear where your loyalties lay.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Absolutely minimal.

I’m seriously at a loss guys you’ll have to help me see whatever it is you guys see.

The 5 years we have failed to beat top 6 away fully includes Özil for example.

This shows we were better without Özil in most of the areas you'd expect Özil to contribute to. Basically he's nowhere near as essential as you'd think in terms of creativity and such and his absence didn't really hinder us in that regard..

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Without knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, it is difficult to assess this decision.

However, it is a bold decision pr wise to go this route. There would have been less fuss had he been included. Somehow other considerations weighed more heavily. Perhaps that's a good thing.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Without knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, it is difficult to assess this decision.

However, it is a bold decision pr wise to go this route. There would have been less fuss had he been included. Somehow other considerations weighed more heavily. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Yeah, but I don't see him leaving in two months time... The club has likely told him more than enough times to leave - for free even - and he's stayed put.

Don't think not regestering him changes things, he'll still be here come the end of the season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Considering his base salary is 350k minimum.
Now consider that he got 8 mil “loyalty” bonus.

How much is he owed if we win a FA Cup and he was part of the run up? Or if we make top 4?

Are you guys not even a little bit curious of how much his add ons and bonuses are?

How much is an Özil 2020 performance worth to you honestly? Can non of you atleast see that angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom