• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Can't we just escape turmoil and fan division for once? It's been one thing after another recently. Hate that this has bubbled up into this. He's paid handsomely whether he plays or not and our manager has indicated he won't. Back the club and let's move on.
never met the bum squad eh!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

All the rats out in force full against a lion like @kash2

Look at you two cutie pies.

talking-trash-eps-vector_csp46611684.jpg

kash2

So Arteta has said it's his decision and his alone. Remember when he just came in some were saying be doesn't seem to be or he wont be a puppet? Are you sticking to that or will the narrative change now? Is he lying for the board? If yes, will you still support him? If it really is his decision, what will you do now as an Özil fan? ArtetaOut?
nice try hiding behind Arteta .... find another strawman

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
How come @kash2 hasn’t been banned yet? :lol:

Genuinely don’t think I’ve ever read a post of his where he’s not abusing someone or posting utter nonsense. And he’s usually doing both.
the constant references to the bum squad are really pissing me off, and make no meaningful contribution to this thread

at least I suppose he will disappear once Özil has moved on, hopefully in January

kash2

the constant references to the bum squad are really pissing me off, and make no meaningful contribution to this thread

at least I suppose he will disappear once Özil has moved on, hopefully in January
nah...i'll just become a Xhaka fan ... bum squad can keep wailing and whining

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Why do we assume that any backlash from China would be immediate?

Huge assumption that underpins a very common counter argument.
What's the point in doing it now? China would have moved on long back. They have lots of issues to tackle and a footballer's tweet isn't something they would care about now.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Arteta is doing a Wenger and letting the owner, the Board and their cronies hide behind him, and we all know what happened to Arsène eventually.

End of the day he takes the blame, but the blame for what? For leaving him out of the Europa League squad? For football reasons? Is Özil, even if he may have declined, supposed to be less of a player than Cedric, Kolasinac or Elneny? Nonsense!

If it's lack of fitness he should say so. Basically if he's going to talk about it he should give his reasons and stick by them but he seems to be apologising rather than explaining. How odd.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Has this been posted yet?

I'm not sure these "quotes" are the best way to show what he is saying.

This is the whole part of that question.

Has Özil played his final game for the Gunners?

"Honestly I take full responsibility. I have to be the one getting the best out of the players. It's my responsibility. It's nothing relating to any behaviour or, like I read, the paycuts. It's not true.

It's my decision. If someone has to blame me - and it will happen when we lose football matches - my responsibility. I have to make the decisions to get the best possible squad in order to win football matches and competitions as often as we can.

In order to do that I try to be fair with him and any other players and defend as much as possible the interests of the football club."

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
When Arteta says footballing reasons he refers to attitude and effort. Not quality on the ball. His talents in that department are undeniable. I think with Sokratis it's the other way around. Both do not fit his approach to the game.

Arteta is not going to drag Mesut (nor anyone else) who he respects as a human, former team mate, and world class talent of the game through the mud.

Non negotiables. First thing he said when he came in. Attitude is number 1. Talent comes after. Many players learned the true meaning of those words. Most complied. One is in Germany now, the other exiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom