• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

Özil is a footballer and that is his job. His job is to perform in training and to perform on the pitch. Under Wenger, his training and performance was adequate. Under Emery his work rate was questioned and under Arteta it is simply a case of him having a year left, not being fit for the way Arteta wants to play. Özil does not have the athleticism to press, to recover, to enter 50/50s to compete aerially. He also doesn't shoot. His game lends him to the inside right channel which is where Pepe wants to operate.

Just out of interest , when did Arteta find out the above? Is it just after we recovered from Covid and during the lockdown ? Please clarify taking into consideration he played every game before covid.

Sokratis is the same age as Özil. He has just been left out of the Europa league squad and the Premier League squad, just like Özil. Yet we have heard nothing from him and that is how it should be.

We are not talking about it because we have addressed the position with a capable replacement in Gabriel. We tried to move him and we for some reason never came to a deal that suited both parties. So for footballing reasons the position of the club is justified. We are not paying 350k a week to do this. We have Mustafi , Mari , Holding etc who are on the bench and can play ahead of him. So he would not play anyway.

Finesse

Yes, I don't take them as gospel, so what a useless reply. The conspiracy theories are very amusing, shows how far Özil worshippers will go to blaim anyone else than their golden boy.

It is the lack of arguments and complete denial to be objective that makes you use words like Worshipers and Conspiracy theories.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Yes, I don't take them as gospel, so what a useless reply. The conspiracy theories are very amusing, shows how far Özil worshippers will go to blaim anyone else than their golden boy.

You come up with useless insinuation to suit your agenda, expect to get the type of reply you deserve.

Got more cute lines?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It is the lack of arguments and complete denial to be objective that makes you use words like Worshipers and Conspiracy theories.

Anyone can read my replies and see what you say is false. I reply about worshippers when I'm replied with idiotic comments, or I see Özil worshippers in full action here.

Blaming China for Özil issue is a conspiracy theory.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I will point out this. You have to read manager's words more like a politician.

Arteta: "It's nothing relating to any behaviour or, like I read, the paycuts. It's not true."

"In order to do that I try to be fair with him and any other players and defend as much as possible the interests of the football club."

Arteta is not lying here, he said clearly he will defend the club's interests.

Also if one looks at the above comment, it says only about behaviour (which can mean many things) and paycuts. Nothing said about performance in training, on field, performance bonuses or anything else.

In fact he said he makes the decision about footballing reasons and results. It is at least about those plus club's interests. So it is about more than one reason like I have said all along.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yet Özil insists he’s training and determined to get back into the first team. We see him in training footage that is uploaded and he doesn’t seem to be sulking or creating a negative atmosphere, he seems to be playing just like everyone else.

You have no proof he’s being lazy in training, if anything the little evidence we have suggests he’s training like the others. Despite this you’re determined to knuckle down on your theory and present it as almost fact.

There's a few football people including Mertesacker that said he's been training well , Hell Arteta said he was super in training before lockdown , remember he dropped Ceballos and AMN because of effort in training . If you remember Özil on his own volition hit the gym when he was injured to bulk up to better handle the league .

It's all moot because the decision has been made , he ain't playing for us anymore , we need to solve our lack of technical quality some other way .

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yet Özil insists he’s training and determined to get back into the first team. We see him in training footage that is uploaded and he doesn’t seem to be sulking or creating a negative atmosphere, he seems to be playing just like everyone else.

You have no proof he’s being lazy in training, if anything the little evidence we have suggests he’s training like the others. Despite this you’re determined to knuckle down on your theory and present it as almost fact.

To be fair, if Özil is a lazy non committed guy, he's not going to come out and admit it, is he. He's playing the PR game. Arteta has seen him in training more than either of us, he's in the best position to pass judgement on Özil, and has.

I can't prove it but my theory fits the situation better than any other, requires the least logical leaps and doesn't involve any conspiracy theories.

Arteta has said the decision to not play Özil was his responsibility.
Arteta set out his non-negotiables in terms of the effort, commitment and attitude he expects from his players on day 1.
Özil has been banished from the squad, even though he's still a talented footballer.

There are 2 players Arteta has really tried to push out. Guendouzi and Özil. Both of those players are gifted enough as footballers to be in the 25 man squad, no doubt. It's clearly not an ability issue here. We know Guendouzi's attitude was a problem.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Arteta has pinpointed the players he views as problems in the squad in terms of his 'Non-negotiables' and is making a statement to the rest of the squad by banishing these two guys. He's not long in the job and it's his first managerial position, he's laying down a marker to the squad about what he expects from them going forward, as far as I can see.

I understand that some people will never entertain under any circumstances the idea that it's Özil's effort /commitment / attitude that is the issue. That's fine, it doesn't stop it being the most logical conclusion to draw though.

Last edited:

RacingPhoton

Established Member

It is hard to get evidence for something like this. We may just have to go with what we hear from managers. Not a fan of Emery. But he also pointed out the same issue about Özil.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
my wish is for him to stay in Europe so i can watch him regularly.
Turkey would make most sense imo. Not sure if he wants to leave London though.

Anyway, genuinely hope to see him playing again somewhere he can freely express himself.

Should become a hero and help his old club Schalke get back to where they belong together with Sead.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Without Özil we will hardly have any creativity within the squad unfortunately. Arsenal have changed our way completely since I started supporting us.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Okay apparently not, so I guess this is the reply you were referencing:

Trilly: "It doesn’t mean start him. It means that he still ranks as one of our more creative players and so he merits being a squad option."

I asked how are those stats supposed to convince us about Özil's performances, where Nelson has almost similar stats (who hasn't been the greatest either). This surely doesn't explain that, it dodges the question.

And this Trusted member then suggests I have an agenda when he can't even answer the question.

In any case, those stats don't tell us about the overall performance which Arteta will look at, which is why I asked for those stats too.

@Trilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom