• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Just out of interest , when did Arteta find out the above? Is it just after we recovered from Covid and during the lockdown ? Please clarify taking into consideration he played every game before covid.

When we switched to 343. Like where can Özil play in that formation? He can only play as a winger, would fans be happy to see him start ahead of Pepe?

ChefMan21

Every employer-employee relationship does come to an end; it's the way of the world. On sheer player potential I do hope the club and player can rekindle some magic, because at his best he's a genuine world-class player. Unfortunately his age, the fact January is approaching, and importantly his contract is up at the end of the season means that is highly unlikely - there's no long-term reason for the club and player to really push for that, I would think.

I do wish the club had spoken out against China alongside Mesut - it is genocide, plain and simple, and I think any organisation and person with a sense of what is right should wholeheartedly back anyone who says something. Values over dollars every day of the week.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

No. The only change he could make to the squad would be to sign a homegrown free agent, since there's 3 HG spots left unfilled.
Oh well disappointed but what can you do, he might realise sooner then later that he's made a mistake & regret not putting him in there with no other top creativity.

Reactions: A_G

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yes, I don't take them as gospel, so what a useless reply.

The conspiracy theories are very amusing, shows how far Özil worshippers will go to blaim anyone else than their golden boy.
That is all that they have left. Just like the Trump supporters here in the US that cart out one BS “argument” and “fact” after another to try to score some points because they are losing. Honestly see little difference in their whining ways of arguing. The Özil lot would fit right in with Trumpworld with their constant complaining and victimhood.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Turkey would make most sense imo. Not sure if he wants to leave London though.

Anyway, genuinely hope to see him playing again somewhere he can freely express himself.

Should become a hero and help his old club Schalke get back to where they belong together with Sead.
Ideal if he went back to Germany. He can prove himself back to everyone.

then obviously this media narrative against him will automatically end, and he can be judged solely by his performances.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So gullible to believe Arteta’s statement. When Mesut’s gone we’ll get the whole story. I’ve no doubt its a financial and/or political issue.
From who? Özil? Im sorry but I dont trust a word that guy says or implies. Its all tricks and games when it comes to him and the Arsenal situation.

The message doesnt come from him it comes from his very PR focused team. It would be like listening to a politician :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I am 99.9% confident it is financial. Not to sound like a broken record but I whole heartedly believe he is not worth his base salary plus whatever crazy bonuses he is probably entitled to.

He's gone in like 9 months and that 8mil "loyalty bonus" we had to pay in September could have gone towards Aouar or something. Why our fans are so hungry to throw millions towards Özil I will never understand.

I am happy to move on from him, he's been part of our lowest lows in recent times and people act like this wasn't the case.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tell you what, if we still had fans in the stadium or CL football I bet you we would probably see Özil.

I think that's why rejecting the salary cut angered the club so much.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why are some people acting like losing Özil means an end of an era in terms of our play style, like we are suddenly becoming Burnley Football Club. Signings can be made you know?

And in terms of typical Wenger-ball Santi was much more of a fit, we've been trash in our build up play and quick passing since he got injured and left. There's fish in the sea though.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I am 99.9% confident it is financial. Not to sound like a broken record but I whole heartedly believe he is not worth his base salary plus whatever crazy bonuses he is probably entitled to.

He's gone in like 9 months and that 8mil "loyalty bonus" we had to pay in September could have gone towards Aouar or something. Why our fans are so hungry to throw millions towards Özil I will never understand.

I am happy to move on from him, he's been part of our lowest lows in recent times and people act like this wasn't the case.
I'm with you - played several times after the anti China tweet, but never played again after refusing the pay cut

the dropping of him by Emery and Freddie also suggests minimizing add-ons was already an issue, and the pay cut refusal was the final straw

had he, however, been outstanding in training I expect that would have been resolved, but he wasn't

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The way some people talk about him leaving you'd think he was an Arsenal legend.

In terms of his performances and impact on the club, Özil's not fit to lace the boots of a proper Arsenal creative legend like Dennis Bergkamp. Hell he's not even in the Robert Pires tier. He's about Cazorla level, that's not an insult either, it's a good level.

You can tell some people weren't old enough to be Arsenal fans in the 90's or 00's if Özil is your measuring stick for greatness in an Arsenal shirt. Trust me, you'd have busted a nut over the things Bergkamp, Pires etc did in an Arsenal shirt if Özil gets you so hot under the collar.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The way some people talk about him leaving you'd think he was an Arsenal Legend.

In terms of his performances and impact on the club, Özil's not fit to lace the boots of a proper Arsenal creative legend like Dennis Bergkamp. Hell he's not even in the Robert Pires tier. He's about Cazorla level, that's not an insult either, it's a good level.

You can tell some people weren't old enough to be Arsenal fans in the 90's or 00's if Özil is your measuring stick for greatness in an Arsenal shirt. You'd have busted a nut over Bergkamp, Pires etc if Özil gets you so worked up.
i found the proxy of @Oxeki

Was he banned or something?

say yes

forum master baiter
Who are you to call for banning people? You literally trolled an entire transfer forum?
You’re allowed to troll people in the transfer forum. I mean that satanic dwarf @OnlyOne spent the entire window posting fake ITK tweets and talking about Haaland and ended up getting promoted.

@kash2 does nothing in here but spout gibberish and abuse people, which is why I’m surprised he’s still around. It’s horrible reading this thread.

Don’t think he’d be allowed to act like this if most of the mods weren’t Özil fanboys.

Finesse

Anyone can read my replies and see what you say is false. I reply about worshippers when I'm replied with idiotic comments, or I see Özil worshippers in full action here.

Blaming China for Özil issue is a conspiracy theory.

You are doing the same thing. Which further reinforces my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom