• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Three points before the Arteta outers flood this thread:

- While some are frustrated with our lack of aggressiveness, we still have a **** attack, and at the same time, he's been building from the back by focusing on solidifying the defense and midfield first.
- He was always going to have learning curves as manager, especially in-game, which I personally fully expected - and as others should have.
- This was always going to be a years-long project not just due to his learning curves as a first-time manager, but especially given our business model, since he doesn't have an open chequebook.

Be patient.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Need to fix up. I don't want to suffer through a whole season again.
It was was the first game of a Europa campaign with odds and sods out there. How often do we look great in these situations? Yeah, disjointed, wobbly, turgid ... but a win. Normal start.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Probably his worst match as a manager, we looked completely void of courage to take any sort of chances until Elneny of all people decided to try and reach a runner with a through ball.

HAVING SAID THAT, people turning on him now are going out on too big of a limb here. We've looked solid defensively and mentally we've improved to a point where we don't collapse when our inevitable individual errors creep up.

He needs to start tinkering with the attack though.

Completely agree, Arteta needs to kick out the lack of courage though. I'm starting to see it creep into our play and it's what I hated most about Emery.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

He’s just wayy more defensive than we thought but hopefully with some better players things improve. He’s only 10 months in. Just goes to show you can’t guess what a manager will be like based on who they learned from etc

GoonerBoy19

He needs to use the squad better, We cannot play in all competitions with same players. Games like this is ideal for rotation.There was no reason to play Laca,Saka and Leno today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not understand of being insist of playing 343 specially against weak teams we already a team who struggled to create anything playing 343 against teams who defend deep it'll only make things difficult.

blaze_of_glory

Probably his worst match as a manager, we looked completely void of courage to take any sort of chances until Elneny of all people decided to try and reach a runner with a through ball.

HAVING SAID THAT, people turning on him now are going out on too big of a limb here. We've looked solid defensively and mentally we've improved to a point where we don't collapse when our inevitable individual errors creep up.

He needs to start tinkering with the attack though.
It's ridiculous to turn on the guy when he's already delivered an FA Cup after less than a full season. Should be given at the very least as long as Emery was, and almost certainly more than that.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Honestly Arsenal fans have a reputation of been childish spoiled kids and its deserved

I thought booing Eboue and Xhaka might be once offs.

Even after a victory away in weird times they still have a moan.

Wenger was right.

Horrible petulant brats.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
managers would be more valued and be more innovative if football broadcast was pay per view

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I was watching boring Napoli but I heard arsenal game was also boring. Looking at the set up formation today, arteta was too defensive. 5 at the back with 2 double pivot midfielder that are not known as creative midfield. You can’t expect enough creativity with such set up.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
I was watching boring Napoli but I heard arsenal game was also boring. Looking at the set up formation today, arteta was too defensive. 5 at the back with 2 double pivot midfielder that are not known as creative midfield. You can’t expect enough creativity with such set up.
Yeah we should have started one of our many creative midfielders

So many to choose from.

Gunners1616

Yeah we should have started one of our many creative midfielders

So many to choose from.
Come on let's not act like he couldn't have played with 4 at the back with AMN at RB and with willock next to Partey. If you have Partey you don't need Elneny against a small team...

Leno

AMN Luiz Gabi Kola

Willock Partey Saka

Pépé Laca Nelson
Its really not that hard. It's the Europa League against some farmers with no pressure. Let the guys enjoy themselve a bit ffs. Way too much negativity and non-negotiable bs.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not understand of being insist of playing 343 specially against weak teams we already a team who struggled to create anything playing 343 against teams who defend deep it'll only make things difficult.

It has nothing to do with the formation. It's all about intent to attack and bravery. When your manager is screaming at you to keep the ball, it makes you reserved. Even Saka played first time passes backwards repeatedly tonight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom