• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
We could be seeing physical decline. I maintain at his best he was a top PL striker. A top 6 PL striker. But despite his goals this season some of his performances have been concerning.

Everything just seems like hard work for him. Sprinting, dribbling, controlling the ball, shooting. It’s like he has to squeeze every ounce of energy do so these basic things.

I hope he can continue to grab goals as we’re gonna need him this season. But it might be worth Arteta looking at a new sort of role for him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Overweight? Ripped as **** and the only only player in the team that isnt scrawny apart from Kola (but thats a given as most footabllers are built like 12 year old boys).

That said Lacca was piss poor tonight.

If Laca’s ripped as ****, what are Hulk, Adama and Diego Carlos? :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We could be seeing physical decline. I maintain at his best he was a top PL striker. A top 6 PL striker. But despite his goals this season some of his performances have been concerning.

Everything just seems like hard work for him. Sprinting, dribbling, controlling the ball, shooting. It’s like he has to squeeze every ounce of energy do so these basic things.

I hope he can continue to grab goals as we’re gonna need him this season. But it might be worth Arteta looking at a new sort of role for him.
Totally agree with this, at one point he was great but he declined to a point where I would rather watch Eddie and Martinelli for the rest of the season.
He is not too old to turn it around, but he probably doesn't have the motivation to push himself anymore.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Was calling out for him to set auba up in the 2nd half. Real poor decision for him not to. Poor in general despite his goals this term which were standard striker goals

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Totally agree with this, at one point he was great but he declined to a point where I would rather watch Eddie and Martinelli for the rest of the season.
He is not too old to turn it around, but he probably doesn't have the motivation to push himself anymore.
He genuinely looks upset at his own performances when he inevitably gets subbed off.

I hope he sorts it out and atleast gives a good account of himself for a decent move in the summer.

He still has a good first touch which you never lose but everything else after that is pretty bad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Overweight? Ripped as **** and the only only player in the team that isnt scrawny apart from Kola (but thats a given as most footabllers are built like 12 year old boys).

That said Lacca was piss poor tonight.

He's not fat but he plays like he is.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He might aswell play in midfield. The lad is finished as a striker.

tcahill

Usually not a 'told you so' kind of guy but the past transfer window was the time to sell this guy. Even just 20 mill would have gotten us over the line with Aouar or been most of the fee for Edouard.

That being said, our chance creation has been absolute dogsh*te this season (and the last) and he's been feeding off scraps.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Tbf, Nketiah was out of position. There’s really no excuse for the Fatman
True but regardless, I've not seen anything from Eddie that leads me to believe he should be getting minutes for a team with real ambitions. I understand that he's young and he's got a great goalscoring record for the U-23s(so did Jeffers) but what does he actually do well? Saka and Martinelli show flashes of brilliance while typically at least putting in good performances. Maitland-Niles could be elite at fullback if he would accept it as his best role and dedicate himself completely to it. I just don't see anything special from Eddie ever. What is his stand out attribute? He isn't particularly quick, he's not aerially dominant, he's not a great dribbler, there's nothing spectacular about his technique, he's not amazing at working the lines. If he weren't English he wouldn't play. It's depressing watching those 2 compete for minutes because you feel it's almost a wasted spot.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Did you see this from the match thread or were you picking up girls at the bar?

Oh lord, so he just has terrible natural fitness. Is what it is, some people are just born that way.

But then he plays in probably the most demanding role in our team, and when you're constantly knackered it negatively affects every single thing about your game, not just your running power which basically means we're not likely to see a good game for him in this pressing role. Yeah we need a new striker ASAP.:lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The thing that I can't get away from at this point is that a frail, injury plagued Theo looks better than Laca. Theo is also two years older. Laca was finished a year ago, assuming he ever really got started here.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Oh lord, so he just has terrible natural fitness. Is what it is, some people are just born that way.

But then he plays in probably the most demanding role in our team, and when you're constantly knackered it negatively affects every single thing about your game, not just your running power which basically means we're not likely to see a good game for him in this pressing role. Yeah we need a new striker ASAP.:lol:

You remember Wenger used to sub him by 70 th come what may? maybe that's why . :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Joel Campbell was the same, everything looked laboured for him. Difference was he had a more consistent touch than Laca.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

When he and Auba were through and he messed it up...

It feels like he does a lot of messing up chances. Either his own or easy creation for others

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
giphy.gif

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Is Balogun ready? Rather give him the minutes than Lacazette.

Kinda feel sorry watching him out of his depth and struggling to run week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom