• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Rapid Vienna vs Arsenal | Thursday 22 October | 17.55 | BT Sport

Who Was Your Man Of The Match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Partey and Elneny were very good but then again their midfield was the worst I've seen us play since celtic and Rangers and gave them so much space.

Gabriel as always it seems was excellent.

Lacca unfortunately very poor tonight
What about Belle(nd)rin?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Özil's post-match poll has got over 180,000 votes, meanwhile the official account's post-match poll gets 80,000 votes. He's literally taken over Arsenal twitter.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
What about Belle(nd)rin?

Didnt make a mistake in his cameo defensively, so a good cameo by his standards, not compared to Tierney, Kola and AMN( you have to lower your expectation for players the level of Jenko, Bellerin, Luzhny and Santos) but good for him and us that he wasnt making game costing defensive lapses for a change.)

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Think the main reason Leno is starting in the Europa and League Cup so far, is because Arteta is taking them semi seriously...he knows he will probably never win the league here, so the cups becomes more important...if we get drawn against a weaker team in the cup, he will play Runnarsson, Leicester and Liverpool would have been possible confidence sapping debuts for the lad.

With the Europa, Mikel probably thought Rapid away would be our hardest game, so he wanted a good start ( ironically leno nearly cost him that :lol: ) confident now we have the first 3 points in the bag, Runnarsson will start against Dundalk next week.
I hope you're right about next week. But I don't think we needed our first keeper tonight and the risk that he gets injured at this stage of the season is simply too horrendous to contemplate.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
European ties are tough now. Rapid haven't lost at home in over 30 games. Football isn't just about technical quality anymore. It's more about athletics like Wenger said. As long as you have fit players who hassle and harry your players you can give anyone a tough game.

Dude compare their resources to ours. Their record signing is £2m. We’re just being too cautious to avoid chasing goals.

This game was like a carbon copy of the performance v Sheffield United.

With a bit more adventure we would’ve decimated them.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Real Madrid lost to a bunch of Ukranian farmers. A Shakhtar side that missed 8 players due to covid.

At least we won.

One side are reigning league Champions who won the CL 4 times in the last 7 seasons. The other finished 8th and are playing a 4th season in a row in the Europa League.

But yes at least we won.

balthazar

seen only the highlights, but really concerned with Laca and Pepe's inability to score goals. Too much burden on Auba.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

There is no denying Leno had a shocker last night & he is pretty poor when passing it around the backline because he is to casual but that is also to do with the backline too casual aswell, it's not purely down to him. On his positive he is a good shot stopper & probably still happy for him to stay as #1 except I probably would have still preferred Emi over him. Emi only wanted to stay if he was guaranteed the main keeper because he's goal is to make his main international keeper now aswell so I don't blame him. If Arteta still wanted Leno then he's got to go tbh unfortunately.

On the positive, Partey had a blinder & proved his worth on his 1st full performance with a motm performance, Bellerin also added some cohesion when he came on, I was pretty happy with his cameo appearence, El Neny & Gabriel I thought also had great performances, Gabriel has already shown top level that we need in the backline. El Neny finally showed when he passes forward what he is capable of, that was a pin point perfectly weighted pass for Bellerin to cross in. What was Nketiah doing on the wing though?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Dude compare their resources to ours. Their record signing is £2m. We’re just being too cautious to avoid chasing goals.

This game was like a carbon copy of the performance v Sheffield United.

With a bit more adventure we would’ve decimated them.
Resources don't always translate to quality on the pitch. Do City really look 300mil better team than us when we play them? How did Ostersund come to the Emirates and beat us?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
There is no denying Leno had a shocker last night & he is pretty poor when passing it around the backline because he is to casual but that is also to do with the backline too casual aswell, it's not purely down to him. On his positive he is a good shot stopper & probably still happy for him to stay as #1 except I probably would have still preferred Emi over him. Emi only wanted to stay if he was guaranteed the main keeper because he's goal is to make his main international keeper now aswell so I don't blame him. If Arteta still wanted Leno then he's got to go tbh unfortunately.

On the positive, Partey had a blinder & proved his worth on his 1st full performance with a motm performance, Bellerin also added some cohesion when he came on, I was pretty happy with his cameo appearence, El Neny & Gabriel I thought also had great performances, Gabriel has already shown top level that we need in the backline. El Neny finally showed when he passes forward what he is capable of, that was a pin point perfectly weighted pass for Bellerin to cross in. What was Nketiah doing on the wing though?
he is timid and nervous

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Resources don't always translate to quality on the pitch. Do City really look 300mil better team than us when we play them? How did Ostersund come to the Emirates and beat us?

Except this isn’t a one off. We defend deep in nearly every single match, regardless of opposition.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Except this isn’t a one off. We defend deep in nearly every single match, regardless of opposition.
Come on, we didn't defend deep last night. Kolasinac and Cedric were playing almost as wingers, even the commentator kept mentioning that over and over again. We kept getting caught on the break because of it.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

What is worse, Arteta (except for Leno's mistake last night) has got us so defensive & hardly conceding an easy goal & controlling possession as much as possible but hardly creating anything which in a way is what we needed & critisizing about or now he's got us defensive hardly creating an opportunity, what do we need more tbh? Being defensive or creating good opportunities to score goals? I say B) creating good opportunities & getting a few more goals.

ArtetaOut

Kroenke/Arteta shills here are hilarious. You clowns are celebrating the 2-1 win over ****ing Vienna like we've just won the champions league lmao. Bunch of disgusting and shameless corporate sycophants. You people totally remind me of those DNC and MSM scums. We were dull, terrible and struggled badly the whole match. A draw would have been the fairer result. This site is really the football equivalent of BBC and CNN lmao

Finesse

This is a good take. We score the 2nd goal because of Bellerin's run. Elneny's pass was very good and credit to him, but he's not a creative genius that created something out of nothing. He made the pass because someone else made the run. For like two years now there's just not enough movement off the ball. Surely that's not about player quality, that's about coaching.

Movement in football is a very under rated term. It is a very rare quality for footballers knowing when and how to move , into space or to the ball etc. You don’t think it. It is why someone like Pedro played with one of the best technical Barcelona teams. Pep knew his movement brought the best out of Xavi , Iniesta and co. Éto said all he had to do was move constantly in the right channels and at the right times and he is goal bound. The ball always came.

From midfield we play a 2 midfield pivot who spend most of their time , recyling play , defending and keeping shape. Rarely do they have opportunities to see movement from the forwards and find them. Partey found Laca and Auba from deep couple of times yesterday. Xhaka does that too. The issue is out of 10 touches they have the chance to do this only 2 or max 3 times. What Arsenal need is a player that can do this more playing ahead of the 2 CMs. Like Aouar or Cesc did for us finding Ade and RVP from any angle on the pitch. For now we seem to be playing with this 343 shape to accommodate the lack of that player. We do not have that in the team. It is not Willian nor Smith Rowe etc. Ceballos takes too many touches of the ball to play that role. He would always be late to put the ball through to catch the runs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom