• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykesy69

Are we just going to neglect the fact that we probably wouldn't have been talking about this if not for COVID?

If clubs around Europe weren't so badbly affected by the pandemic we would've easily moved on enough players to trim the squad properly, Özil would be in the squad (probably still wouldn't get selected) and what am I saying, moaners would still be moaning...

Let's also neglect that fact that the club held meetings with the players and agents to let them know there would be a likelihood of them not playing this season, but the players decided to stay anyway (stated in the Edu interview 08/10/20).

On Ozils part this is nothing but ego and a grand sense of entitlement. No matter how big you think you are, it shouldn't make you entitled to anything you don't deserve.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
At least this time you can see which posters voted for it. :shivering:
I’ve reignited and revived the thread with a poll suggestion in an attempt to keep a semblance of order and promote harmony, and I’m being dumped on... All that’s left now is for the gestapo to come along (Trilly) and declare the last 4 pages null and void, demand everyone be banned before skipping off to change his anal tampax.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting though, really, that Arteta himself was not doing anything in his last two seasons here, didn’t even start a game in his last season I think, busy doing coaching badges etc, was not a legend, offered very little compared to Mesut, came here when his legs had gone, but was still treated with respect, registered in squads and even given a send off.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interesting though, really, that Arteta himself was not doing anything in his last two seasons here, didn’t even start a game in his last season I think, busy doing coaching badges etc, was not a legend, offered very little compared to Mesut, came here when his legs had gone, but was still treated with respect, registered in squads and even given a send off.
Offered way more than Özil.
He was a positive influence on the younger players and was a well respected leader in the dressing room.
Özil meanwhile is the opposite of that

Kav

Established Member
Are we just going to neglect the fact that we probably wouldn't have been talking about this if not for COVID?

If clubs around Europe weren't so badbly affected by the pandemic we would've easily moved on enough players to trim the squad properly, Özil would be in the squad (probably still wouldn't get selected) and what am I saying, moaners would still be moaning...

Let's also neglect that fact that the club held meetings with the players and agents to let them know there would be a likelihood of them not playing this season, but the players decided to stay anyway (stated in the Edu interview 08/10/20).

On Ozils part this is nothing but ego and a grand sense of entitlement. No matter how big you think you are, it shouldn't make you entitled to anything you don't deserve.
I don’t see where of how he has behaved entitled.

Özil is saying he has a contract until summer 2021 and intends to honour it. Arsenal want him gone. When a club wants a player to stay they say the player should honour the contract and often times do everything to make the player stay including rejecting offers from other teams. In this instance it is the reverse.

he is still required to do everything asked of him as per his contract. Arsenal and Arteta also have the option of choosing whether to play him or not. It’s the clubs choice. No one is guaranteed a spot in the team, Özil knows this as well. I don’t see him saying I should be in the first team. What I do see is a player disappointed that he won’t be given the opportunity to show that he deserves a shot at making the team. You can’t make the team if you’re not registered in the competition, so his disappointment is understandable.

That being said I’m quite tired of the Özil side show.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was physically done. Everybody knew it but he was as classy as anything. Wasn’t his fault he was given the length of contract he was either. We was very well respected. What can you say?

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was physically done. Everybody knew it but he was as classy as anything. Wasn’t his fault he was given the length of contract he was either. We was very well respected. What can you say?
Think Özil can be given a little more respect, the guy won’t even get a send off. We even gave a Cech a send off, which was weird. He was laughing while a real legend next to him, Ramsey, was crying.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No he never don’t start that. Özil was out of this world, Arteta was ok.
He struggled with injury in his last two season but he was still a very valuable squad member, unlike Özil that is doing everything in his power to tear down the squad harmony.

Özil was not "out of this world"
There were plenty of players that outperformed him during his time here.

I admit he always started the season decent and turned into bum in the second half of the season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Offered way more than Özil.
He was a positive influence on the younger players and was a well respected leader in the dressing room.
Özil meanwhile is the opposite of that

Never heard this before , lots of rumblings he wasn’t well liked , was aloof apparently, and he bought Gazidis a watch with the player fines kitty. No bearing on what he is now but that was what was coming out back then.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He struggled with injury in his last two season but he was still a very valuable squad member, unlike Özil that is doing everything in his power to tear down the squad harmony.

Özil was not "out of this world"
There were plenty of players that outperformed him during his time here.

I admit he always started the season decent and turned into bum in the second half of the season.
Arteta is one of my favourite players btw, but his legs went very quickly at Arsenal.

Arteta the manager would’ve loaned out or thrown away Arteta the player.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think Özil can be given a little more respect, the guy won’t even get a send off. We even gave a Cech a send off, which was weird. He was laughing while a real legend next to him, Ramsey, was crying.
I genuinely think when it’s all done, the club will give him a send off. I think (and hope) that by that time, we’d have heard whatever the real truth is, the dust will have settled and everything will be understood. If the propaganda doesn’t stop though, it won’t. Hope he goes in January for the good of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom