• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This “positive influence” only gets says about **** players.

Nobody said it about Rooney, Henry, Adams, Messi, Ronaldo, Zlatan.

You know a player is crap when someone says he was a positive influence.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Never heard this before , lots of rumblings he wasn’t well liked , was aloof apparently, and he bought Gazidis a watch with the player fines kitty. No bearing on what he is now but that was what was coming out back then.
From what I heard the players used to listen to him and was quite influential with younger ranks.

Didn't he use to lead training drills at times?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I genuinely think when it’s all done, the club will give him a send off. I think (and hope) that by that time, we’d have heard whatever the real truth is, the dust will have settled and everything will be understood. If the propaganda doesn’t stop though, it won’t. Hope he goes in January for the good of all.
Think if he continues his shenanigans and if sogut continues to talk crap, that send off might not come.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

You know a player is crap when someone says he was a positive influence.
Arteta was was one of the best cm in the League during his first 3 year here. Shame the injury robbed him of his physical attributes.

He was not a crap player ffs :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta the manager would’ve loaned out or thrown away Arteta the player.
The same Arteta persisting with a legless Lacazette? or questionable Luiz? He clearly values maturity and experience.

You're reaching tbh. Arteta had a good attitude and he would have been kept around.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Özil has at his best season performed par on Course, a couple of games/outliars as world class (Leicester 2018 as example) but mostly underwhelming career here as a whole

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Özil is like that naughty kid you had in class who was safe but disrupted every class. Like yeah you're funny and not a d*ck but after a while you're just stopping us learning.

He should have just moved on when it was clear he wasn't wanted. Gonna regret turning down that £30m

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Offered way more than Özil.
He was a positive influence on the younger players and was a well respected leader in the dressing room.
Özil meanwhile is the opposite of that
I'm confused now - I don't know who you're on about here

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I genuinely think when it’s all done, the club will give him a send off. I think (and hope) that by that time, we’d have heard whatever the real truth is, the dust will have settled and everything will be understood. If the propaganda doesn’t stop though, it won’t. Hope he goes in January for the good of all.
if he won't go in January, but a couple of other non HGs leave, I would be in favour of putting him back into the squad, and having him on the bench a couple of times - it would be good if he could leave on ostensibly good terms in the summer, if only to cut out some of the animosity to Arteta and the club for the last months of the season

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think the agent made great points. I think Artetas answer the other day was so dishonest and vague. I failed him and I take full blame is absolute nonsense. You are his manager and only way you should have him in the squad is if he is not good enough or he is breaking the rules and being unprofessional. This is the highest paid player and the club and we deserve a honest answer on why you have banished him from the squad.

I know people will say honesty will get him in trouble. If it is not football related which we all know it isnt. He would have to lie and get more problems. He could say the player is not good enough which the media will question him on. Or he could say he has been bad in training which would lead to his own players questioning him and losing respect for him if its a lie. They see the manager lying on a player in the media and know they cant trust him. Im convinced the real answer is he has been told dont play him and he has nothing to do with it. Either way this whole situation stinks and make the club look classless

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Remember when Wenger dropped him, Emery dropped him, Freddie dropped him, then Arteta dropped him? Remember when it was the manager who was holding him back?

Remember when Özil was gash because Giroud was holding him back, or when it was because Santi was hurt, or when all he needed was a clinical finisher (Laca), or then when it was he simply needed a pacey clinical CF (PEA)? Remember when it was the players around him holding him back?

Remember when he couldn’t perform on the pitch consistently because the English media had it out for him? Or when it was because the German FA had it out for him and they dropped from the German NT, or when it was because of his comments on China, or when Raul personally had it out for him from the inside, or when it was the paycut refusal? Remember when he couldn’t perform because he was the victim of unfair criticism?

Remember when he played really well through all the “limitations” (players, media, manager, etc) in the lead up to his contract and he showed what many knew which was that everything with him comes down to application not ability, but shortly after the ink dried THREE year ago on said contract which made him the second highest player in the entire league his effectiveness fell through the floor and the ever evolving list of excuses for why he can’t be consistently effective came back?

Remember when the club needed him most to step up (send Wenger out on a high, get the club back in the CL via the EL, help stop the club slide down the table in the league, etc) he both figuratively and in some cases legitimately put his feet up on the club?

I remember it all.

Man has taken the club for a ride and it honestly blows my mind anyone that calls themselves an Arsenal supporter can still even attempt to back this charlatan. Some absolute legends graced the shirt at this club, they gave everything to the club and deserve all the effort and admiration, but it’s wild to (still) see so many prop up such a conman here on an Arsenal forum.
Pin this ****ing post mods. Well done 007.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I get fed up of hearing about loyalty, either from a club or a player. In virtually every case it's a marriage of convenience.

A club will be loyal to a player up until the point he stops performing at the level expected. A player will be loyal, kiss a badge and tell the fans how much he loves them, and the club up until the point a better club / more desirable offer comes in for him. That's just the way it is and we all know it.

If you want to talk about Arsenal and loyalty in the last 20 years, only one guy is deserving of it. Arsène Wenger. The guy turned down Madrid twice, Barca, Bayern, PSG and England to stay at Arsenal. Love him or not, that's true loyalty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom