• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yes there was a 40M verbal " one source confirmed". Did we need to add 1 pound to it? Why are you deliberately refusing to acknowledge the pettiness in that offer? This incensed Liverpool. Typical excuse....they were never going to sell to us regardless.

Because it was not an offer, it was an activation of a release clause the players agent said was tbere.

There's a huge difference.

If Parteys agent (one who can actually read a contract) said that we needed to go over his rc by any ammount to activate it, we wouldnt give Atlético a million more just to look good. You pay what is needed and you don't have to even talk the players club about it.

Plus, and I can't stress this enough, Liverpool would never have sold him to us even if the clause was crystal clear. They've said it as much.

Finesse

Again I reiterate, Özil didn't play after lockdown. Wasn't involved input fa cup run. I'm sure he would've been told he's surplus to requirement.

Absolutely ! However Arteta spent the whole time explaining how everyone has a clean slate and must give 120% in training , I failed Özil , bla bla....etc. In addition , Edu said he had to sit down and explain the decision to omit him from the list in October. Why sit him again to explain this if you told him in the summer as you stated....he should look for a club and has no chance to play here , will not be listed or registered to play in any competition? Do you spot the contradictions with your analogy?

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Absolutely ! However Arteta spent the whole time explaining how everyone has a clean slate and must give 120% in training , I failed Özil , bla bla....etc. In addition , Edu said he had to sit down and explain the decision to omit him from the list in October. Why sit him again to explain this if you told him in the summer as you stated....he should look for a club and has no chance to play here , will not be listed or registered to play in any competition? Do you spot the contradictions with your analogy?

I just don't buy it....I'd be knocking on the managers door, why am I not in the fa cup squad? Why am I not playing in the charity shield final? Why am I not starting any games in the new season.

Anyone with any sense knows when they're not wanted. Özil likes the good life in London, he stopped being footballer a long time ago...for me playing **** in the europa league final and sulking when he was subbed when we desperately needed to win the game showed to me his selfish petulant attitude.

Last edited:

Finesse

I just don't buy it....I'd be knocking on the managers door, why am I not in the pa cup squad? Why am I not playing I t he charity shield final? Why am I not starting any games in the new season.

Anyone with any sense knows when they're not wanted. Özil likes the good life in London, he stopped being footballer a long time ago...for me playing **** in the europa league final and sulking when he was subbed when we desperately needed to win the game showed to me his selfish petulant attitude.

Knocking on the Manager's door? I thought it was about 120% on the traning ground and not knocking on doors? Is that not what he was accused of doing under Wenger, knocking the door to ask for days off? Get your analogy linear !

In football, when a player with a year on his clock is not wanted , he is called to a table with his agent with the option to pay off his final year on the table. Period.

"FOR ME " above....Yes indeed for you.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil being totally in the dark just lacks any credibility.

A player of Ozils quality, not playing a game after lockdown would normally be off. He decided he likes living in London too much to move and was happy to not play and collect his wages. Fair enough. Wish we'd all just move on

Finesse

Özil being totally in the dark just lacks any credibility.

A player of Ozils quality, not playing a game after lockdown would normally be off. He decided he likes living in London too much to move and was happy to not play and collect his wages. Fair enough. Wish we'd all just move on

Özil never mentioned he is in the dark. He made his position extremely clear. He wants to see out his contract after his discussions with the club. He is contracted to be here. What is wrong about being happy to be in London , playing for Arsenal and collecting wages? Is that a crime? How does playing as per his contract make him a mercenary or money grabber?

Yes I wish he just moved on we save on wages and we invest in another player. However the pragmatic and objective person in me if negotiating would discuss and seek a mutually beneficial terms. Like pay off his contract in full plus his bonuses. It is not his problem he was due 8M in September. The club is negotiating from a weaker position. If he refuses to go without his package and wants to see it out, then fair play. It is his choice. He should be allowed to join his team mates , train , give his best and leave us in a year. Why use the powerful position as the club to freeze him out because we could not get our way even though we were negotiating from the weaker position.

Kola and Papa did not move this summer because they had a contract here and their wages could not be matched by the interested teams. They refused to move and the club can do nothing about that. Let them stay and respect their contract. Would you sell Douzi for 5M simply because we needed to get rid? Or selling Lucas to Italy for the silly money offered because we wanted to get rid of him too?. Why do we expect to get better value for selling players but expect the players we do not want but under contract to refuse better value for themselves in terms of salary? Do some of you even understand the financial issues within football?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
You speak like you're preaching the gospel without having read a bible...

Hasn't he been given chances to get the best out of him? By Emery, by Arteta? If his best isn't what you are looking for, how long do you keep on trying?

Whether it's an ultimatum or brutal honesty that you won't play next season and you "stand your ground" don't "budge", when the chips fall where you've been told they would, don't go crying about injustice, because it's not unjust if you've been told.
just put a sock in it.. spare me the bitter repetitive rants

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Vividly remember tough away fixtures featuring a front 3 of Iwobi - Lacazette - Ramsey. Also remember many on here losing their minds at Ramsey playing RW a la Willock under Arteta at times.

Oh how I wish I could bring back those days, Ramsey was great at RW imo and Caz and Coq in the middle. Also remember people calling Santi’s a blessing in disguise

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://www.skysports.com/football/...l-boss-mikel-arteta-regret-dumping-the-german

The graphic below reveals how Özil enjoyed operating deep in opposition territory up until the start of 2018/19, when he began to drop deeper in an effort to track back and cover more ground.

Last season, his heatmap presents a player operating in polarised style to his former self, covering swathes of the pitch deep inside his own half, but his talent for creating chances appears to have suffered as a result.

skysports-graphic-mesut-ozil_5146096.png

Interestingly, Özil still ranked above Nicolas Pepe for distance covered and almost matched the Ivorian's sprint rate. However, all of Arsenal's forwards surpass Özil for frequent bursts of pace.

However, the stats still emphasise how Arsenal might lack creativity without Özil in the squad. Even last season, he created more chances per 90 than any other Arsenal player.

But very few of those chances were deemed to be clear-cut. Here, the likes of Pepe and Bukayo Saka really excel.

Interesting article. Some bullocks facts like the win rate with and without Özil cause that's not actually his fault as most of that was down to Emery and the team overall.

Some myth busters, Özil actually covered a lot of distance, played deeper and tracked back a lot in his more recent years. His performances under Emery and Arteta are practically identical.

Didn't know he matched Pepe for distance covered and attempted sprints. Lacazette outperforms Özil in both. Both facts actually surprised me.

Judging on the statistics, my eyes and memory - my own conclusions are:

- In our current formation and his best performances, he would be best placed either wide right similar to James Rodriguez or false 9, potentially a superior option to Pepe, Willian or Lacazette.

- He is not needed as much as we think he is. His chance creation is massively on the decline - both Pepe and Saka outclass him. Özil gets about 2 assists a year - that includes both Aubemeyang and Lacazette on the pitch.

Depends on the fans if anything - some just really want to see him and I think if Arteta was to be undone it would be cause of that.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
https://www.skysports.com/football/...l-boss-mikel-arteta-regret-dumping-the-german

skysports-graphic-mesut-ozil_5146096.png

Interesting article. Some bullocks facts like the win rate with and without Özil cause that's not actually his fault as most of that was down to Emery and the team overall.

Some myth busters, Özil actually covered a lot of distance, played deeper and tracked back a lot in his more recent years. His performances under Emery and Arteta are practically identical.

Didn't know he matched Pepe for distance covered and attempted sprints. Lacazette outperforms Özil in both. Both facts actually surprised me.

Judging on the statistics, my eyes and memory - my own conclusions are:

- In our current formation and his best performances, he would be best placed either wide right similar to James Rodriguez or false 9, potentially a superior option to Pepe, Willian or Lacazette.

- He is not needed as much as we think he is. His chance creation is massively on the decline - both Pepe and Saka outclass him. Özil gets about 2 assists a year - that includes both Aubemeyang and Lacazette on the pitch.

Depends on the fans if anything - some just really want to see him and I think if Arteta was to be undone it would be cause of that.
great post.

Özil and Wenger were done as soon as Alexis betrayed us. That was the death-knell.

even more so than the RvP stuff.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
The blame lies with his agent imo, Bale, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez found a way out of their situations. Its only Özil who's stuck not playing.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil never mentioned he is in the dark. He made his position extremely clear. He wants to see out his contract after his discussions with the club. He is contracted to be here. What is wrong about being happy to be in London , playing for Arsenal and collecting wages? Is that a crime? How does playing as per his contract make him a mercenary or money grabber?

Yes I wish he just moved on we save on wages and we invest in another player. However the pragmatic and objective person in me if negotiating would discuss and seek a mutually beneficial terms. Like pay off his contract in full plus his bonuses. It is not his problem he was due 8M in September. The club is negotiating from a weaker position. If he refuses to go without his package and wants to see it out, then fair play. It is his choice. He should be allowed to join his team mates , train , give his best and leave us in a year. Why use the powerful position as the club to freeze him out because we could not get our way even though we were negotiating from the weaker position.

Kola and Papa did not move this summer because they had a contract here and their wages could not be matched by the interested teams. They refused to move and the club can do nothing about that. Let them stay and respect their contract. Would you sell Douzi for 5M simply because we needed to get rid? Or selling Lucas to Italy for the silly money offered because we wanted to get rid of him too?. Why do we expect to get better value for selling players but expect the players we do not want but under contract to refuse better value for themselves in terms of salary? Do some of you even understand the financial issues within football?

Don't know why you posted that essay after all I said was he chose comfort and wages over moving to play football but ok

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I suspect Özil straight up doesn't want to listen to someone he played with and won more than and has probably not shown much respect to Arteta. But it's all guessing, I doubt we will ever know.

Oh I likey this theory. A new angle finally! One of your peers gets promoted to manager. Always causes problems with at least one resentful worker who can’t get over it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't know why people are saying that Arteta admitted to 'Failing' Özil, as if he owes Özil and apology or has mistreated him . Maybe it's a language thing, but that's not what he said. He talked about failing with Özil, in terms of not getting the required standards out of him. The full quote makes that crystal clear

"My conscience is very calm because I have been really fair," said Arteta.

"My job is to get the best out of every player, to contribute to the team performance.

"Here I feel at the moment, today, that I have failed. I want the best possible Mesut for the team. And in some moments I was able to get close to that, and at the moment I have not been able to do it because I have to make the decision to leave him out of the squad."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom