• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
I think his decision to play Willian in Lacazette’s role against City is vindicated now. Our attack looked better with Willian there.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I think his decision to play Willian in Lacazette’s role against City is vindicated now. Our attack looked better with Willian there.
Willian sucks ass, the man is basically a right back pretending to be a winger. If it turns out that he came here with Arteta‘s insistence then that‘s even more worrying.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I would still give him time. But today was a tactical miss. It was 100% clear that Rodgers was going to park the bus for 70 minutes and then challenge our tired legs with Vardy. But we had no plan for it.
Rodgers done what we should have done. Defend well and play the long game.

I'm worried about the amount of people saying Arteta out. In here and on twitter it's like nobody realises what the club has been through. We need a period of stability.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think the pressure is there on him no mistake.

Kroenke supposedly agreeing to go above and beyond to fund Partey means there’s got to be some return on investment.

Finishing a distant 6th simply isn’t good enough when we’ve bought two new first team players and gone big on our star striker’s contract.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Think the pressure is there on him no mistake.

Kroenke supposedly agreeing to go above and beyond to fund Partey means there’s got to be some return on investment.

Finishing a distant 6th simply isn’t good enough when we’ve bought two new first team players and gone big on our new striker.

Absolutely. He had a fully fit squad tonight and produced that sh*te performance? Big worry.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Don't know what more he could have done tonight.

Picked the best 11 everyone was saying.

Goal should have stood and luiz off for Mustafi.
Every one was saying it was strongest possible line-up. Only thing he should've done personnel wise was bring on Pepe earlier and played Auba central. He should be doing that from the start anyway. Doesn't matter if it works or not, if he doesn't start Auba up top in one of these games, unless people see it with their own eyes if it's working or not he's asking for trouble IMO.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I didn’t care about wengers decline while the football was still good, didn’t care for our unbeaten run while the football was **** under emery. It really is all about getting to some sort of attacking football for me. I know we aren’t going to be amazing on the eye yet either but I need something.. anything... this football is just horrible right now

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'll say it now, still 100% back him and I knew a day would come when he'd do stuff that seriously annoys me; it's inevitable.

The good news is that he's done the hard part; sorting out our defence and on the whole we're fine at the back.

However he must find a balance, it's not possible to defend but create nothing and get anywhere. If we draw all of our games that gives us 38 points and means we're pretty close to the relegation zone (I think).

So we need to go out to WIN, take the game to the opposition and look there will be teething issues but eventually there should be that balance between committing men and playing dangerous passes in the front and also defending.

Is it an "impossible task" so to speak? Well almost, but that's why our managers get paid a helluva alot of money.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Think I just assumed he would be an attacking coach, but that was based on nothing... He needs to prove he actually has a clue how to build an attack. The constant micromanaging makes us really predictable and the players look like they are afraid to take any chances except to play within the system.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Rodgers done what we should have done. Defend well and play the long game.

I'm worried about the amount of people saying Arteta out. In here and on twitter it's like nobody realises what the club has been through. We need a period of stability.
Yeah sack a manager with 60% win rate. People are supporting the wrong club if they're expecting that

Manberg

Predator
We made chances in the first half. I actually thought we were entertaining. There was a lot of attacking intent against a parked bus. Team tired in the second. Pepe added nothing. Our strikers aren’t good enough, not Arteta’s fault.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's no secret that I'm not a fan of his, but I actually thought we played well in the first half. He needs to sort our attack out though. 4 strikers on at the end, 200m worth of talent and we didn't look threatening.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wish he were more like Pep (or Wenger), right now it seems like the most he has learned is from David Moyes.
This is the frustrating part. He sets up defensively but still wants to retain possession. I'm gonna go on like a broken record about this but you cannot do both.

TinFish

I feel Arteta doesn't have much faith in the squad and sets the players up too conservatively. It's comes across that he'd rather save face with a minimal loss rather than set up to win the game and get another typical Arsenal style drubbing.

Believe it or not, we played far better in Emery's first half season compared to anything we've seen from Arteta.

Arteta reminds me more of Moyes rather than Pep at the moment. We are not plying the Arsenal way which is a shame. Our brand identity of playing football is long gone and the corporate upstairs are obviously focused on results ultimately over anything. I just feel we are constantly set up to either not lose or keep the loss as minimal as possible... it makes Arsenal a boring watch.

Manberg

Predator
no it didn't, that was abs0lutely horrid. Willian was a non-factor for the entirety of the match

We made chances when Willian was on the pitch. When Lacazette came on (for a good 30 minutes) we created absolutely nothing. Willian cannot be any worse than Lacazette.

Top Bottom