• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
The best way to describe today’s game is to say that Arsenal was Impotent. That being said we still got robbed a lacazette goal. I don’t know why it wasn’t reviewed.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Like I was mentioning before the game, Lacazette, Willian, Pepe, Mustafi etc all need 2 to 3 months out of PL starting eleven. It’s best to give them the Europa League games and just phase them out.

Saka, AMN, Saliba, Reiss Nelson, ESR etc all need to be given a chance in the PL since our senior players aren’t cutting it. Youngsters might be hit and miss some weeks but at least they’ll get that PL experience week in week out that they can build on.

I’m done with this dreadful football.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Just worth noting we have pretty much the exact same players on the pitch in this game, in fact we have better players now but no Özil of course.

No goalscoring midfielders in the squad kills us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not going to start knocking Arteta but what makes it worse is precisely that - it wasn't a master class from Rodgers.

It was in Arteta's power to have played a fresher team by rotating the squad and playing a more creative midfield. So he has to accept some of the blame for the loss.
Big Arteta fan, but no way should he have left Özil out of the squad, it's crying out for creativity. And no way should Mustafi ever play for this club again.

Ewarwoowar

Can't wrap my head around playing Partey, Xhaka and Ceballos and for the most part had shackled the three, I prefer Ceballos playing a freer role can't see him thriving on a leash his space creation and creativity will suffer.

We've seen this many times before, team parks bus, we make a cursory stab at busting down the door then settle into lull with no urgency, season after season, no excuses from Arteta this tactic is not new.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Big Arteta fan, but no way should he have left Özil out of the squad, it's crying out for creativity. And no way should Mustafi ever play for this club again.

Incoming "He's crap he goes missing in these sorts of games" Still creates opportunities though. Makes you laugh.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You are right about Auba, his all round game is quite poor. But that never stopped him scoring more goals in the last few years than everyone else besides Messi and Ronaldo. When you have a striker like that you sacrifice something else in the team so you can get him in those positions. It is exactly what leicester do. When Vardy is playing everything is geared up the get the best out of him. They only look for him, constantly trying to release him. He can just stay up front, on the last shoulder of our defenders. Ask Auba to do the same and I'm sure he would score more than Vardy even.

How many shots let alone chances does Auba get a game? Of course when he is all about finishing he is going to look dreadful when he isn't getting any chances. Try to imagine Vardy where Auba was playing today? What would he have done?

I’m confused when so many Arsenal fans, pundits and commentators fail to make a bigger deal out of this. The player himself, even.

Auba has outscored every single player in the PL since his arrival as at the end of last season playing mostly through the middle but out wide on occasions.

He’s basically a speedy, elite poacher. For whatever reason though Arteta’s hell bent on turning him into Dirk Kuyt. Our one reliable source of goals.

Nobody’s saying he has to play through the middle in every single game but Arteta won’t even entertain it as a plan B or C. It’s bizarre.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
It is about finding the right balance and we have to remember this is Arteta's first full season.

He just needs to get back to basics, play your strongest team and best players in each position. Play 433 or 4231.
What did you expect from a rookie manager. I honestly didn’t understand why he got the job in the first place as he literally had no record for us to assess. Arsenal is a big club and you don’t give this job to a rookie manager. No matter what. Let him learn and become great elsewhere and then bring him in.

Arsenal need results now but Mikel as a manager is literally a long term project. It’s quite confounding.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
What is Wenger going to tell him? This is the exact kind of result he was managing from these sort of easily winnable matches at the end.
He'll tell him to be braver for certain. Wenger got poor results towards the end admittedly but the last two and a half years have been a more painful and hopeless watch than anything Wenger served up, even the drubbings.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I’m confused when so many Arsenal fans, pundits and commentators fail to make a bigger deal out of this. The player himself, even.

Auba has outscored every single player in the PL since his arrival as at the end of last season playing mostly through the middle but out wide on occasions.

He’s basically a speedy, elite poacher. For whatever reason though Arteta’s he’ll bent on turning him into Dirk Kuyt. Our one reliable source of goals.

Nobody’s saying he has to play through the middle in every single game but Arteta won’t even entertain it as a plan B or C. It’s bizarre.

Quoted for f*cking truth.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hey @Jury, how'd you enjoy watching your boytoy Arteta getting torn a new one by Leicester and Rodgers ey? I thought you and the other paid shills/bootlickers were saying Arteta is world-class miracle worker or some ****? How's that worked out for you? Did you enjoy fapping over the non-stop backwards sideways passing? Too bad for you that your Messiah Arteta's tactics are just about as impotent as you lmao
:lol: You just don't get it, lad.... No result changes the fact that you live a cockroach existence on a football forum.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why was Lacazette playing from the left like Theirry when he can barely run or beat his man? I found that strange.

blaze_of_glory

Just worth noting we have pretty much the exact same players on the pitch in this game, in fact we have better players now but no Özil of course.

No goalscoring midfielders in the squad kills us.
This says Emery vs LCFC but it was actually Özil going against Emery's instructions. This is what led to him getting benched.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Leno
Bellerin - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - Ceballos
Pepe - Özil - Saka
Auba
Would at least give us hope creatively. I get why Özil isn't involved, isnt in Mikels long term plans. But we absolutely need a midfielder like Mesut right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom