• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Ii mean Mustafi isn’t good enough, but how the **** do you blame the goal on him..? Xhaka was completely on his heels for that pass to Under, not to mention he came up 10m short over a 30m (not even that?) sprint.

On a whole I just don’t get what Arteta’s trying to do. We seem to play a 2-3-5 in possession with Xhaka and Dani as some sort of wb’s or wide mids. Literally leaves Partey in the middle and there’s a ****in ocean between him and the 5 up front. Arteta’s literally setting us up to only create chances on wings.

Fuming :mad:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did you watch the first half? 11 shots, 9 chances created. How the **** is that passive lads @Troopz @GDeep™

Downfall was not killing the game in the first half due to missing multiple chances. That's the problem, we were not passive in that first half. When Vardy came on we looked scared.

Once again just chatting nonsense to suit points you've previously made.

Hopeful crosses and set pieces get counted as chances created you know.

Outside of Bellerin’s volley, how many saves do you remember Schmeichel having to make?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - Ceballos
Pepe - Özil - Saka
Auba
Would at least give us hope creatively. I get why Özil isn't involved, isnt in Mikels long term plans. But we absolutely need a midfielder like Mesut right now.

He could play Willian instead of Özil in that lineup. I mean he even mentioned playing him there when we signed him and yet the only time he played him central was as a ****ing false 9.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I dunno man, thought we controlled that game from start til the 70th min. Sterile domination.
He’s nowhere near talented enough to be as effective as Salah is for Liverpool. Feels so bleak right now. :(

We controlled most of that game but mostly with possession and in 1st half we did create a few good opportunities, but nothing sustained. Our chances came from long balls and crosses.

to be as effective as Salah is for Liverpool.

But Auba was exactly like that. I know things look bleak now but those stats aren't a fluke.

Arteta needs to realise he needs to get Auba spending most of his time sniffing around the penalty area or there is actually no point playing him. You could get a player from the championship to play the role Auba is playing now with similar results.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Obviously it's a bit early, and he's clearly a good player in his own right, but this feels sort of like an example of that debate that was going on all summer between Partey and Aouar and which one we needed most. There were two camps and one camp insisted that we needed Partey more than we needed someone like Aouar.

I didn't agree then and on the evidence of today you can see why. Partey, Ceballos and Xhaka all playing deep and nothing between the lines.

We've essentially made a very good upgrade in a position that wasn't desperately urgent and made no upgrade to the position we most desperately needed to.

Not just about that though obviously. There's also the whole striker issue and not getting the best out of Auba. And generally we're probably seeing a first-time coach struggling to coach a fluent attack, kinda like how Lampard is struggling to coach a good defence.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This says Emery vs LCFC but it was actually Özil going against Emery's instructions. This is what led to him getting benched.

The way we played that day was so against the norm of what Emery-ball would become, you might actually be right. :lol:

I don't think we ever played with so much fluidity and freedom after that game.

Tho you could make a case for the 2-0 vs United under Arteta being a similar story. o_O

ArtetaOut

:lol: You just don't get it, lad.... No result changes the fact that you live a cockroach existence on a football forum.

Really mate :lol: I don't spend hours a day shilling for a particular individual a so-called "fan" such as youself. Your post counts are impressive! :lol: Enjoy your echo chamber bud!

Manberg

Predator
Wasteful finishing let us down. Forwards got into good positions in the first half but fluffed their chances.

Edit: The referee too. Nothing wrong with Laca’s goal at all. It’s a different game if the referee gives it.

Impact

Established Member
They don't break lines, they are too safe. Its interesting that you cite them as good passers from deep when our best passer from deep was Luiz. The ball to Tierney was on all first half. Its telling that Luiz played it and Ceballos didn't.

Breaking lines isn’t only about the quality of the passer but of the recipient’s movement and ability to receive. We had next to nothing useful from Laca and Auba in that regard. Who exactly should they have been finding?

I didn’t mention Luiz because I was talking about midfielders. In any case Ceballos didn’t have his best game but playing that ball out to Tierney is an easier pass from RCB than it is RDM. I liked the shape. The execution still needs work. First time we’ve seen it with that personnel.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Jeez that doesn't look good. This season is still a small sample though so I would hope it doesn't remain that low.

You can see the drop off as soon as Wenger was gone as well.

It is obvious we don't get enough shots. We shouldn't really be surprised all our attackers look bad at the moment. As a team we can't create enough chances apart from a few hopeful long balls/crosses. Really hope we try something else soon or else this season will be another bitterly disappointing one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Just worth noting we have pretty much the exact same players on the pitch in this game, in fact we have better players now but no Özil of course.

No goalscoring midfielders in the squad kills us.

Iwobi is worryingly ahead of any of our current attacking players on a technical level, tells you the issue from then and now :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Also in fairness we can all harp on about creative players making the difference but look at Man City... plethora of creative players but also struggling massively.

There's no magic in this football team anymore. Dont even think Aouar is the answer if I'm honest. Need a Bruno or Dybala type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom