• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Leicester City | Sunday October 25 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports Box Office (£14.95)

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

@Kysus This is a pointless debate. Wenger's last year here was atrocious and depressing. It was his last season and some of his second last was where we really started to decline and play confused slow football. I date it back to when we brought in Xhaka. I am not blaming him but he just wasnt suited to Wenger like Cazorla who was playing a similar role for us beforehand.

It felt a lot more extreme due to the high standard we were used to
Wenger was a victim of his own success, set the bar to an unsustainable level.

2017 we scored 77 goals and 3 points behind city in 3rd
2018 we still scored 74 and had a goal difference of +24

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It felt a lot more extreme due to the high standard we were used to

2017 we scored 77 goals and 3 points behind city in 3rd
2018 we still scored 74 and had a goal difference of +24
Yeah I'm just comparing the fluidity of our attack in his final years to the rest of his tenure here. You can surely admit that it started getting a bit disjointed and confused compared to the free flowing action we saw previously.

Manberg

Predator
dude

Bendter, Giroud, Chamakh, Yaya Sanogo were mainstays in our attack, Eboue, Benayoun, Joel Campbell, Vela, Gervinho on the wing.
Frimpong, Denilson and Coquelin in CM.
Djourou, Senderos, Silvestre, Squillaci and CO as CB
Almunia in goal.
And we battered teams.
Wenger made some of those players look like world beaters.
Barca came in for Song ffs :D

The majority of those were not made to look like world beaters what’re you on about :lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

So Arteta points out in his press conference that the 2nd half may have been to do with fatigue & tiredness, he's got to realise that we've had numerous away and tough games in 2 weeks, maybe the Europa league is when he should be rotating the squad & playing a few youngsters rather then more of our 1st choice players. We have had away games to Liverpool & City recently which doesn't help then another away game at United coming up.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So Arteta points out in his press conference that the 2nd half may have been to do with fatigue & tiredness, he's got to realise that we've had numerous away and tough games in 2 weeks, maybe the Europa league is when he should be rotating the squad & playing a few youngsters rather then more of our 1st choice players. We have had away games to Liverpool & City recently which doesn't help then another away game at United coming up.
I was shocked at the EL team he fielded. Far too strong. I wouldn’t have minded a draw or loss if we it meant we rested some key players. I can’t believe Saka played.

Manberg

Predator
That's why I said "some".

You really just read posts and try to find something to argue about?:)

In that case I meant to say all, apart from Lord Bendtner. I was never convinced by Song I remember criticising him a lot.

We were getting top 4 back then because the competition wasn’t as good.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I was shocked at the EL team he fielded. Far too strong. I wouldn’t have minded a draw or loss if we it meant we rested some key players. I can’t believe Saka played.
Definately better off playing a few more youngsters in the Europa & cup games, they'll probably play with a fair bit more venom & enthusiasm then guys that play 2-3 games within a week. They'll want to impress Arteta aswell to get more chances so you'd like to think they will at least.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Definately better off playing a few more youngsters in the Europa & cup games, they'll probably play with a fair bit more venom & enthusiasm then guys that play 2-3 games within a week. They'll want to impress Arteta aswell to get more chances so you'd like to think they will at least.
Yeah true. Saka and Martinelli made their impression in the tourney. You'd wanna see ESR / Nelson / Willock try to prove themselves there this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Gabriel to Vardy tonight...

tenor.gif

Vardy to Gabriel on the goal ffs...

stone-cold-stunner-gif-13.gif

MikeVinna

Established Member
I miss having creative players in midfield and on the wings. Overlapping full backs too.

Now we rely on our fullbacks for creativity.

Manberg

Predator
Leicester played 3-4-2-1 for most of the game with Barnes their furthest player forward. Clearly set up to stifle our attack and hit us on the break when we tired. We should’ve got Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos on the edge of the box and gone for some long shots, and kept Tierney and Bellerin back.
Weren’t getting in behind a packed defence playing the way we were. Why don’t we ever try shooting from range? Xhaka and Partey have good long shots in them.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Having spent some time to think about it, this result keeps looking worse than I thought. 0 points against a weakened Leicester at home with United, Villa, Leeds coming up is massively damaging. Puts us in a situation where we must go to Leeds and get a win. No one would bet on us doing that right now

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
we lacked ball carriers and powerful runners. AMN, Nelson, Willock, Saka, Nketiah need to be used more.

We need young hungry quick players ..This was too static. Cant play both Auba and Laca.

GoonerBoy19

It's a shame as our second string would have been more than enough to go through the first round. Dropping Özil and Saliba from Europa squad is pure idiotic decision. Players like Nelson, ESR should get good game time in EL group stages.

Now David luiz is out and we have to play Mustafi, which is like playing with -2 points before kick off. Also why did we buy a non HG goalkeeper when we wont be starting him in even low profile EL or Carabao games? It's some atrocious man management going on and they will pay for it.

Kav

Established Member
Arteta recently explained why he doesn’t play Auba in the middle. Respect the manager’s decision. You’re not all experts like him.
He’s not an expert. It literally is his first try at it.

Secondly your anti Wenger sentiments are so obvious it prevents you from being objective in any discussion.

Arteta has been poor in preparing and organizing our attack. That is a fact. He has been good with regards to defensive structure and getting players to work collectively. At least I can call it for what it is. You should try it too it’s called being objective.

He needs to find a good balance. He is way to cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom