• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You gotta give it to Emery and his evaluating skills, the guy was spot on about almost every Arsenal player: binned Wilshere and Welbeck, benched Özil, promoted Saka, didn't rate Pepe from the get-go, etc.
He also put you on ignore. :p

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No point really blaming anyone in the attack right now. Even last season Aubameyang was exceeding what we were providing him but the rest of the attack suffered.

Now they have found out our left side technique and even Auba is struggling. Our entire attack is not getting the ball from the midfield in the right areas. Look at the average positions on the Arteta thread and see that our striker is completely isolated, and our wingers are acting more like wingbacks, Auba's average position was next to Ceballos and Bellerin rather than the inside right forward position. This was de ja vu with the way Pepe has been utilised as well. Our midfield was so stretched too.

If lets say Auba and Willian/Laca were playing well you would ask questions but the fact is here that in terms of chance creation we are down there with the Burnley's right now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
On Overmars, @Tir Na Nog look at this...what a player, probably only Pires is a better wide man for us in the Wenger era...this is what I meant by pace, Pepe doesn't look this threatening...and I can't tell if that is down to style or just not having it...shame as Nico does have tremendous dribbling ability, doesn't seem to be able to use it correctly, whether his fault or the teams...

...also that pass by Petit around 1:10 is amazing.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
On Overmars, @Tir Na Nog look at this...what a player, probably only Pires is a better wide man for us in the Wenger era...this is what I meant by pace, Pepe doesn't look this threatening...and I can't tell if that is down to style or just not having it...shame as Nico does have tremendous dribbling ability, doesn't seem to be able to use it correctly, whether his fault or the teams...

If you put Pepe into that squad I would imagine he'd look better than he does in the present one which is worse pretty much to a man and certainly worse at the managerial level.

Wryer

It's a confidence thing ultimately, isn't it?

I think everyone agrees he has amazing creativity and elite level dribbling. Coupled with his pretty good ball striking ability - he is our best and potentially only hope of unlocking this current dearth of incision and goals.

It's just not coming off at the moment. I don't know if it's the pressure, the language or whatever. But we desperately need him to come alive.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
we are killing this young lad with typical arsenal style. He isnt to be blamed for raul and edu getting a huge bung. He is a good lad who has been playing like an unwelcome refugee kid invited to dinner. He has to be made to feel he belongs. Some small games he should be leading our line. We should build a team around him and give him the chance to express himself and not be stuck on the wing while our entire strategy goes through the other wing.

At least he has talent and youth and fearlessness.. height and pace .. lets give him a chance.. we dont have anything else

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
we are killing this young lad with typical arsenal style. He isnt to be blamed for raul and edu getting a huge bung. He is a good lad who has been playing like an unwelcome refugee kid invited to dinner. He has to be made to feel he belongs. Some small games he should be leading our line. We should build a team around him and give him the chance to express himself and not be stuck on the wing while our entire strategy goes through the other wing.

At least he has talent and youth and fearlessness.. height and pace .. lets give him a chance.. we dont have anything else

Look at the players we make feel important. Mustafi, Luiz, Bellerin, Nketiah, Ceballos, Lacazette, Xhaka, Willian.

We should be making Pepe, Auba and Partey feel important. What a ****ing insult to Partey, basically played a dm where he can't leave the centre of the pitch for the benefit of Ceballos and Xhaka.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

The guy is 25; not 17 lol

Multipass

Can he at least pretend to have a right foot when on the ball. His whole body position, whether on the byline or fronting a defender, is geared to using his left. It makes him utterly predictable. No one says we need him hitting worldies on his right from outside the box, but at the very least the ability to cross (or even pass!) a ball with his least favoured foot would help.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

****ing Gary Neville:lol: I swear he’s owed a two footer in the shins . How he got away with that crap for so long

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We've overspent on Laca and Pepe, on the back of a few good seasons in a bum league.

Pepe is really promising, though. Hope he starts a string of games after our tougher games are over.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's a confidence thing ultimately, isn't it?

I think everyone agrees he has amazing creativity and elite level dribbling. Coupled with his pretty good ball striking ability - he is our best and potentially only hope of unlocking this current dearth of incision and goals.

It's just not coming off at the moment. I don't know if it's the pressure, the language or whatever. But we desperately need him to come alive.

Pepe has a touch of Lukaku and decision making in the final third of Gervinho............... plus he takes forever to get a shot away. All he can do now is show some fancy dribbling but that is pointless because he lacks the ability to do much after dribbling past defenders.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
****ing Gary Neville:lol: I swear he’s owed a two footer in the shins . How he got away with that crap for so long

He played in an era where "letting your opponent know your there" was part of the game, luckily for him...plus United were the FA's team back then which also helped him and Beckham's great workrate on the side, Gary was a lucky bastard when you think about it!

He was the weakest player in Ferguson's great United team and the weakest player in England's "Golden Generation" imo, if I was managing against a team he played in I would always target him...goatee gimp, that he is.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He played in an era where "letting your opponent know your there" was part of the game, luckily for him...plus United were the FA's team back then which also helped him and Beckham's great workrate on the side, Gary was a lucky bastard when you think about it!

He was the weakest player in Ferguson's great United team and the weakest player in England's "Golden Generation" imo, if I was managing against a team he played in I would always target him...goatee gimp, that he is.

Weakest player in Ferguson's great Utd team was able to destroy Reyes and end his career so..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom