• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Dundalk | Thursday 29th October | 20:00 GMT| BT Sport 2

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Europa_League_GroupB_1123x632.jpg

After a tight win in our opening game of this competition it’s on to our first home match against Dundalk who sit third in the current League of Ireland Premier Division.

They’re the second most successful team in Ireland’s history and this is the second time they’ve made it to the group stage of the Europa League

Doubts

Calum Chambers (knee)
- The club announced he’s back in full training before Leicester so he’s not far away after almost a year out.

David Luiz (Muscular issue) - Substituted last night after half time and Arteta was cagey when asked about fitness.

Willian (Calf) - Missed last two games and no official word on how long he’s out for.

Meanwhile Rob Holding, Pablo Mari and Gabriel Martinelli will all still be out for this game.

1829992_Arsenal.jpg

This is the chance to see a line up with a lot of younger players seen as this is the easiest game of the season so far on paper. Lot of injuries at the back makes it unpredictable and playing Gabriel for the 3rd 90 minute game in seven days ahead of an Old Trafford visit on the weekend might be a bit of a risk.

As mentioned above Chambers is a 50/50 and may be fit for this but if he doesn’t make it maybe go four at the back and play one of Ceballos or Xhaka in midfield as well.

It’s a good chance to get some form into the likes of Willock, Nelson and Nketiah because right now we’re struggling in the attacking department and if they do well they could conceivably nail down a spot.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Keeper
Cedric anyone Mustafi Kolasanic
Amn Willock Ers
Pepe Nketiah Nelson

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
No more p*ssy **** Arteta. Stop with the hand holding. Play one striker and two wingers. Make it simple. We need an option in zone 17 for our deepest midfielders to pass to.

Nelson-Nketiah-Pepe/Willian
ESR
Willock-Elneny/Azeez
Kolasanic-Gabriel-Mustafi-AMN
Leno.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope Arteta doesn't panic and play the main players in this after the defeat against Leicester, could be tempting to get back on track with a big win for him but hope he resists.

Auba, Saka, Partey, Gabriel should even be on the bench...Laca should start here though, but he should only be on the bench (at max) on the weekend.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is Arteta picking his first teamers again and nearly losing again?

Must burn you up inside that Areta has already won a trophy...while your fav manager of all time Poch just kept failing and failing, at your fav team of all time Sp**s.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
After our win against Vianna we have chance to play youngsters here hopefully Mikel don't be stubborn ESR Nelson Willock Nektiah all have to start here even start Runarson Leno need game off.

Gunners1616

Scared FC. Probably gonna play few starters instead of giving ESR/Saliba/Balogun/Nelson a run.

At least Emery gave the youngsters their chance in this competition despite all the pressure on him. And that's how Martinelli and Saka made their name.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
No idea who's gonna play CB in this one. Is Chambers ready? Doubtful.

Probably Gabriel and Mustafi seeing as they're the only ones fit currently. Due to not registering Saliba or Sokratis, the only other CB we could call up is Zane Monlouis who literally just signed his first pro deal last week. He's 17 and isn't even a regular for the U18s this season. Incredible.

I'm not that fussed about defence or goalie but in terms of midfield and attack, this is what I want to see (realistically):

Willock Elneny ESR
Pepe Nketiah Nelson
I think it's time Nelson and ESR were given opportunities and I'd extend that to Willock to a smaller extent. Nelson in particular was very good in his most recent appearance and has only played less than a minute since - minor hamstring injury not withstanding. ESR had a slightly more serious injury so more understandable. Hopefully Nketiah can get some goals and get into a decent run of form off the back of this. I'm not quite convinced that he solves our problems at #9 but I back him.

Unrealistically, I would use this as an opportunity to blood Miguel Azeez. Yeah, he's not quite ready IMO but I think fasttracking him in a game like this would be useful in order to challenge him. I think he would add qualities that we lack when Partey isn't in the team and we should give him those little incentives as they'l help both us and him.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

We'll win this one with relative ease, then gloat about our return to form and then get done by United on this weekend. The cycle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom