• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
One guy who seems a bit underrated is Leipzig's Marcel Sabitzer. Great attacking midfielder, technically sound, creative, got a shot on him - and e.g. although usually fielded higher up the pitch, similarly to Cazorla, he can be deployed deeper in central midfield as a playmaker, as we just saw last week in the CL.

Toby

Need my fancy pants Arsenal back. Not a fan of this hard working bs.

Thomas seems a bit of a needed signing, but it's really these smallish, technical guys like Grealish and Sabitzer who remind me a bit of Arsenal players like Wilshere, Cazorla, Hleb, Rosicky, et al. Then I'd love to have Ramsey back in the team, too, to add something different.

blaze_of_glory

Thomas seems a bit of a needed signing, but it's really these smallish, technical guys like Grealish and Sabitzer who remind me a bit of Arsenal players like Wilshere, Cazorla, Hleb, Rosicky, et al. Then I'd love to have Ramsey back in the team, too, to add something different.
Yup, Partey is certainly important but we need that technique and flair or our attack will continue to suffer. That's why I'm interested in Saka getting a shot centrally for now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
One guy who seems a bit underrated is Leipzig's Marcel Sabitzer. Great attacking midfielder, technically sound, creative, got a shot on him - and e.g. although usually fielded higher up the pitch, similarly to Cazorla, he can be deployed deeper in central midfield as a playmaker, as we just saw last week in the CL.
Looked great against Sp**s last season. They’ve been linked with him too but I guess they’re not in the market for attackers anymore.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

He's class. All action player, not confident that we could attract him though and less confident that we would pay the money needed.

He'd give us what we've missed since Ramsey left.

Toby

Yup, Partey is certainly important but we need that technique and flair or our attack will continue to suffer. That's why I'm interested in Saka getting a shot centrally for now.

Ideally you get me Grealish for the wings, too, and you got Sabitzer, Saka and Grealish who can all interchange left, centre and right; Sabitzer who can drop deep and play a Cazorla-like CM role; Ramsey with his energy and late runs; Martinelli who isn't exactly Firmino but still better in interplay than Auba; Thomas with his physicality and ability to also move with the ball, bit like Alex Song used to do. Some rather vintage Arsenal touches, at least from the later Wenger years.

Toby

He'd give us what we've missed since Ramsey left.

Rather Cazorla, imo. Eerily similar in that both seem underrated internationally at their current clubs. I guess 40m could do to get him, Leipzig go in and get Szoboszlai. Although Nagelsmann just said after last week's CL that Sabitzer is one of his most important players.

Of course the thing is, currently Leipzig are way more attractive than Arsenal are: CL, at least a little shot at a league challenge, Nagelsmann and they aren't exactly cheap bums either with Red Bull behind them.

Toby

Btw a bit off topic, but Nagelsmann is seriously good. Just look at Angelino. Absolute bum at City, useless to Guardiola, Nagelsmann turns him into some kind of left wingback/left winger Marcelo Roberto Carlos striker hybrid.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Signing Isco would solve our creative issues and ball retention issue. We could afford his wages post Özil as well. The problem is he'd be walking into teams better than ours. PSG and Juve are possible destinations.
Juve won't be able to sign both him and Aouar. PSG etc are a thing but I get the feeling if we went after him with Arteta we could get ahead of the cue. Are his wages all that much either is a big question.

Also, if not Isco then Ødegaard maybe an option as well. Far younger, super high ceiling and RM might be willing to sell.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Need my fancy pants Arsenal back. Not a fan of this hard working bs.
Hardworking is fine but I see is working hard unnecessarily from our forwards while we have two midfielders basically covering wide players much deeper but providing nothing substantial either in attack or defense. CBs, strikers and one midfielder ends up trying to cover for everyone else sacrificing their actual game while these two midfielders just **** about and its a perpetuating unproductive cycle. We do need a real hardworking midfielder and fancy pants at the same time either side of Partey.

Currently though Arteta can already close the gap on that front if he realizes we can hit balance in all fronts with Willian in midfield, Auba at striker and just one more passive midfielder beside Partey.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Sabitzer is pretty interesting for sure. Doesn't really seem like a finesse player like Cazorla but he can definitely be a mixture of both Ramsey and Santi. We'd still need a more technical passing playmaker though. If somehow we could get him and an Isco or Grealish, it'd be an incredible midfield 3 with Partey.

truth_hurts

January:

In - Isco - loan with obligation for 45m
Out - Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Kolasinac (whatever we can get between 20 and 30m).

Summer:

In - Isco (45m), Ceballos (30m), lamptey (30m)
Out - Guendouzi (20m), El Nenny, Özil, Nelson (25m), Lacazette (25m). Bellerin 25m

Would be nice to add Grealish as well, but that's highly unlikely.

truth_hurts

-----------------------Leno-----------------------
------------Luiz--------------Gabriel----------
--Lamptey--------------------------Tierney--
----------------Partey----Ceballos------------
------Pepe----------Isco-------Saka/Grealish
-------------------Aubameyang-----------------

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Bottom line, we need a proper baller on the team. We aren’t getting Grealish guys, forget about it. We’re arsenal, not man city Chelsea or united. We had to cry wolf to get funded for Thomas and Jack would also command the English tax.

I agree Isco would have far better suitors, but I think Arteta could potentially have some level of influence, who knows.

that said, I wonder what is going on in Artetas mind. What is his plan for January?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Bottom line, we need a proper baller on the team. We aren’t getting Grealish guys, forget about it. We’re arsenal, not man city Chelsea or united. We had to cry wolf to get funded for Thomas and Jack would also command the English tax.

I agree Isco would have far better suitors, but I think Arteta could potentially have some level of influence, who knows.

that said, I wonder what is going on in Artetas mind. What is his plan for January?
If we got CL I would say we have a chance of getting Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom