• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal vs Dundalk | Thursday 29th October | 20:00 GMT| BT Sport 2

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No idea who's gonna play CB in this one. Is Chambers ready? Doubtful.

Probably Gabriel and Mustafi seeing as they're the only ones fit currently. Due to not registering Saliba or Sokratis, the only other CB we could call up is Zane Monlouis who literally just signed his first pro deal last week. He's 17 and isn't even a regular for the U18s this season. Incredible.

I'm not that fussed about defence or goalie but in terms of midfield and attack, this is what I want to see (realistically):

Willock Elneny ESR
Pepe Nketiah Nelson
I think it's time Nelson and ESR were given opportunities and I'd extend that to Willock to a smaller extent. Nelson in particular was very good in his most recent appearance and has only played less than a minute since - minor hamstring injury not withstanding. ESR had a slightly more serious injury so more understandable. Hopefully Nketiah can get some goals and get into a decent run of form off the back of this. I'm not quite convinced that he solves our problems at #9 but I back him.

Unrealistically, I would use this as an opportunity to blood Miguel Azeez. Yeah, he's not quite ready IMO but I think fasttracking him in a game like this would be useful in order to challenge him. I think he would add qualities that we lack when Partey isn't in the team and we should give him those little incentives as they'l help both us and him.

Think we could get away with El Nenny at CB for this.

--------------Runnarson------------
------Mustafi-------El Nenny------
--Soares-------------------Kolasinac
-------------AMN----Willock---------
---Pepe--------ESR--------Nelson---
--------------Nketiah

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With the injuries at CB think even Arteta will agree that Dundalk at home is a good game to give Saliba his debut.

After all, what club wouldn’t register him ahead of other injured players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With the injuries at CB think even Arteta will agree that Dundalk at home is a good game to give Saliba his debut.

After all, what club wouldn’t register him ahead of other injured players.
Only got Zane Monlouis in reserve. Crazy.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Yep. Good time to try out Saliba and Gabriel as a pair imo. As well as a front 4 with William in the hole.

Gunners1616

Yep. Good time to try out Saliba and Gabriel as a pair imo. As well as a front 4 with William in the hole.
Well Arteta did not register Saliba for the Europa league for some reason.

So with Luiz and Holding out, we can't even rest Gabriel.

GoonerBoy19

Where is the Saliba talk coming from? He can't be on the b-list as he haven't completed 2 years at the club.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rest everyone who will play Vs United. Have a feeling this team will be dirty with a few Gaelic football tackles flying in.

Runarrson
AMN-Mustafi - ????-Kolasinac
El-Neny
Willock - ESR
Nelson ------ Nketiah
Balogun​

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Nelson-Balogun-Pepe.
Willock-ESR
Azeez
Kola-Elneny-Mustafi-AMN
Runnarrson

I just looked at Dundalk’s team on Wikipedia. Majority of these guys are journeyman and most have barely played a level above league one. Honestly, I would be embarrassed of Arteta if he brought on any “first team” player. Well except maybe Lacazette and Xhaka cos they genuinely suck but anyways. I would start Pepe just for my own entertainment. Sometimes the way he dribbles makes me laugh. And ffs it’s time to give Balogun or Azeez, preferably both a debut. Please keep Saka away from this game. We don’t want another Wilshere on our hands. It’s a joke how all our CBs get injured at the same time. Let’s protect the only good one we have and play Elneny.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No idea who's gonna play CB in this one. Is Chambers ready? Doubtful.

Probably Gabriel and Mustafi seeing as they're the only ones fit currently. Due to not registering Saliba or Sokratis, the only other CB we could call up is Zane Monlouis who literally just signed his first pro deal last week. He's 17 and isn't even a regular for the U18s this season. Incredible.

I'm not that fussed about defence or goalie but in terms of midfield and attack, this is what I want to see (realistically):

Willock Elneny ESR
Pepe Nketiah Nelson
I think it's time Nelson and ESR were given opportunities and I'd extend that to Willock to a smaller extent. Nelson in particular was very good in his most recent appearance and has only played less than a minute since - minor hamstring injury not withstanding. ESR had a slightly more serious injury so more understandable. Hopefully Nketiah can get some goals and get into a decent run of form off the back of this. I'm not quite convinced that he solves our problems at #9 but I back him.

Unrealistically, I would use this as an opportunity to blood Miguel Azeez. Yeah, he's not quite ready IMO but I think fasttracking him in a game like this would be useful in order to challenge him. I think he would add qualities that we lack when Partey isn't in the team and we should give him those little incentives as they'l help both us and him.

Hard to tell with Chambers seen as the club said he’d been in full training last week before the Leicester game.

How much of that you need before playing again after 10 months out is anyone’s guess but I wouldn’t be shocked for him to be in contention.

I would maybe go Elneny at the back if Chambers isn’t fit and play one of Ceballos or Xhaka with Willock.

Then go Partey and whoever doesn’t play against Utd.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
By the way not only is this a EL group game at home to Dundalk, and would never need any important players anyway, this is a busy season with no pre season going into it.

He should not only be playing players like ESR, Nelson and Willock to give a much needed rest to our first teamers, he should also do it so they are sharp in case we need them down the line due to injuries.

No one knows how this congested season is gonna pan out injury wise but one thing I do know is Arsenal are usually the unluckiest in that regard. So I would prepare for the worst, anyway if we cant beat these guys at The Emirates with our youngsters then serious questions need to be asked of them.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Please play a completely rotated side without any first team player. Just keep them fresh for utd and win that game. We should win this without our main players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson-Balogun-Pepe.
Willock-ESR
Azeez
Kola-Elneny-Mustafi-AMN
Runnarrson

I just looked at Dundalk’s team on Wikipedia. Majority of these guys are journeyman and most have barely played a level above league one. Honestly, I would be embarrassed of Arteta if he brought on any “first team” player. Well except maybe Lacazette and Xhaka cos they genuinely suck but anyways. I would start Pepe just for my own entertainment. Sometimes the way he dribbles makes me laugh. And ffs it’s time to give Balogun or Azeez, preferably both a debut. Please keep Saka away from this game. We don’t want another Wilshere on our hands. It’s a joke how all our CBs get injured at the same time. Let’s protect the only good one we have and play Elneny.
I seriously doubt Balogun is going to start given he has Eddie and Laca ahead but I'd love to see it. He was pretty good vs City u23 when I watched - not quite on the same goalscoring form he was in last season but he's a better dribbler than Eddie. At a push, we may see him on the bench, but knowing Arteta, both Laca and Auba will be on the bench.

I think Azeez however should be in the mix. He's been pretty good so far this season in the limited appearances he's been given. I'd make an argument for the very underrated Ben Cottrell aswell as he's been the best U23 player this season IMO but that may be a bridge too far. Arteta has been really reluctant to bring forth any U23s so I have a serious doubt that either Balogun or Azeez will even be in the squad - however given the size of the bench and number of subs afforded to us, it's a huge opportunity to do it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hard to tell with Chambers seen as the club said he’d been in full training last week before the Leicester game.

How much of that you need before playing again after 10 months out is anyone’s guess but I wouldn’t be shocked for him to be in contention.

I would maybe go Elneny at the back if Chambers isn’t fit and play one of Ceballos or Xhaka with Willock.

Then go Partey and whoever doesn’t play against Utd.

Elneny at CB is definitely a shout. I wouldn't bother with either of Xhaka/Ceballos. Get Azeez in there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rest everyone who will play Vs United. Have a feeling this team will be dirty with a few Gaelic football tackles flying in.

Runarrson
AMN-Mustafi - ????-Kolasinac
El-Neny
Willock - ESR
Nelson ------ Nketiah
Balogun​
Would love this team. But I expect much stronger team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom