• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Get the feeling some of you have already lost faith but aren’t going to say it.

I’m still fully on board.

I also feel Arsenal is a club where your hands are tied as manager, you’re now expected to get top 4 when you’re spending less than everyone else.

I want more fun football but other then that, Arteta is doing ok. His management is questionable, I don’t like how he’s freezed players and dropped players but that’s part of the process with a newbie manager.
I'm fully on board, I just got carried away and thought we'd picked up a genius who was going to go straight to the top of the learning curve. Expectations have now been reset and now I'm merely curious as to how he develops as a manager over the next few seasons.

I wouldn't think about sacking him until the end of next season, barring anything extreme.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Getting frustrated by him but find it hard to be harsh when he has the worst striker in the division and a lost looking Pepe in attack. Is way too cautious for my liking but you can see the reasoning; we don't have the attack to blow teams away and have to grind out wins.
He's definitely played a part in killing our forwards.

Laca has probably killed himself but I'm sure Arteta wanting him to run all over the place as well as benching him for Nketiah has messed with his form/confidence.

I'd also be screaming at our players who consistently ignore amazing runs from Pepe and Auba. The fact it continues to happen heavily implies that he favours slow build up rather than getting our forwards plenty of touches. Less touches for them leads to worst performers. You often hear commentators say "he's probably missed because it was his first chance in the game" or something along those lines, with our forwards their first chance in the game can easily come in the 70th minute and might also be their only one.

They can't get comfortable with the ball because they barely touch it and they don't want to take risks or attempt dribble because they don't know when they're going to get the ball again.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I never said that about Emery. The fact is that Arteta has made the team more solid defensively without having to spend £200m like Klopp did on Allison/VVD/Fabinho. He's even won a trophy in that time, whereas Klopp lost both cup finals in his first season.
One of them he lost to Emery, right?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I never said that about Emery. The fact is that Arteta has made the team more solid defensively without having to spend £200m like Klopp did on Allison/VVD/Fabinho. He's even won a trophy in that time, whereas Klopp lost both cup finals in his first season.
He made the team more defensively solid by having more defenders on the pitch and player lower block. Hardly a genius move while he has made the attack suffer. And lately he is pissing more and more fans off with his stupid talk like praising mustafi.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's nothing to lose your sh*t over with Arteta or any reason to want him out.

It feels like he's at a point with the transition in formation and acquisition of Partey where he needs to be more expansive and attacking like he said he would be.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He made the team more defensively solid by having more defenders on the pitch and player lower block. Hardly a genius move while he has made the attack suffer. And lately he is pissing more and more fans off with his stupid talk like praising mustafi.
Emery played the same system and got battered regularly.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If you weren't sceptical over a manager in his first job then you probably had you head in the clouds tbh. I knew it would be like this and he wouldn't do better then Emery or Arsène.

Judging by how we play the best route to the CL seems to be the Europa because I don't see us getting back in the top 4.
You're optimistic if you think we're winning the EL.

Watch us lose to some semi unknown team made of part time plumbers in the 16th round.

gamechannel

We'll be united Sp**s and Chelsea in no time if some fans have their way.

New season, new manager.

Or we will be Newcastle United with repeated ****ty seasons under incompetent managers who overstay their welcome which will give the owner the perfect excuse to stop spending money until the club's results improved.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Emery played the same system and got battered regularly.
At the same time after 10 months of being in charge. Emery has clearly superior point/goal/chance and shot per game. We seen the stats already. Eventually it went bad for emery and yes there were signs. But Arteta team is showing bigger signs things will go bad as his team is struggling more. So what is this optimism based on? His defenders say give him time he willl get it right. But can’t show us why he will do better

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People actually wanting another manager sacked already. Tired of modern football fandom. Hopefully the owners of this forum pull the plug soon.
10-12 months is usually how long managers last though. Most big club after a year sack their manager after a year if no progress. Look at Chelsea who has been more successful than us last 15 years. How many managers had they had?

Emery was sacked after 17 months. Many people wanted him gone after 12 months with how he ended that season. That decision of not sacking him in the summer meant next season became a write off. Give Arteta this season. If there is no clear sign of progress and more importantly cohesive attacking play. Get rid in may

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
At the same time after 10 months of being in charge. Emery has clearly superior point/goal/chance and shot per game. We seen the stats already. Eventually it went bad for emery and yes there were signs. But Arteta team is showing bigger signs things will go bad as his team is struggling more. So what is this optimism based on? His defenders say give him time he willl get it right. But can’t show us why he will do better
Emery had two pre-seasons to shape this team, and giving up 25 shots to Watford was the best he could come up with. Going to Leicester and only mustering 20% possession. Plenty of other examples you could find.

The optimism is based on the results he's managed against the other top sides in his 7 months in charge. No one was calling for his head a few weeks ago. We gave Emery a chance while his new signings settled in, why won't you do that with Arteta?

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
10-12 months is usually how long managers last though. Most big club after a year sack their manager after a year if no progress. Look at Chelsea who has been more successful than us last 15 years. How many managers had they had?

Emery was sacked after 17 months. Many people wanted him gone after 12 months with how he ended that season. That decision of not sacking him in the summer meant next season became a write off. Give Arteta this season. If there is no clear sign of progress and more importantly cohesive attacking play. Get rid in may
Yeah and Emery had to deal with covid once he took over.

Fair playing field.

Top Bottom