• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | Sunday 1st November |16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who was your Man of the Match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
We were dominant and it’s a wee bit worrying that we still are not creating a lot of chances but that was such a solid performance. We look so good defensively.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I am not impressed by the game. I am happy we won, but we didnt do much. As I said before the game it was going to be upto Saka and Bellerin to win it for us, as there was no one else who had any creative spark. The entire front three was gash and we were lucky that so was theirs. Partey and Elneny outdid themselves but this whole tactic of taking the ball down our left and then running into an alley, getting mugged and repeat was predictable and boring.

It was pure luck that they didnt have martial today, and their manager is an idiot who kept playing pogba who clearly doesnt give a damn about rainy manchester struggleball.

Saka had faded towards the end. Laca had no energy left. Auba cant beat a man. Willian cant carry the ball or thread a pass. It could have gotten exactly like Leceister. We waited too long to bring in the subs and our strategy of trying to nick a win but play for a draw isnt going to get us into the top 4.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Have to give credit to Mike Dean. Fantastic stuff.

Elxb3brXUAAVY05

Might make this my display picture.

:drool::drool::drool:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I am not impressed by the game. I am happy we won, but we didnt do much. As I said before the game it was going to be upto Saka and Bellerin to win it for us, as there was no one else who had any creative spark. The entire front three was gash and we were lucky that so was theirs. Partey and Elneny outdid themselves but this whole tactic of taking the ball down our left and then running into an alley, getting mugged and repeat was predictable and boring.

It was pure luck that they didnt have martial today, and their manager is an idiot who kept playing pogba who clearly doesnt give a damn about rainy manchester struggleball.

Saka had faded towards the end. Laca had no energy left. Auba cant beat a man. Willian cant carry the ball or thread a pass. It could have gotten exactly like Leceister. We waited too long to bring in the subs and our strategy of trying to nick a win but play for a draw isnt going to get us into the top 4.

I have to agree, our attacking leaves a lot to be desired. We don't have any players that can create for themselves and anytime you pass the ball to Auba, Laca, Willian or Pepe there is a high chance they lose the ball before doing anything with it. Auba is just not useful outside the opposition box.

Stoof

Super happy with the result, similar to the Leicester game but managed to get lucky (or maybe you create your own luck) with the penalty.

At least we appear to be getting the foundations in place with much improved defensive stability.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have to agree, our attacking leaves a lot to be desired. We don't have any players that can create for themselves and anytime you pass the ball to Auba, Laca, Willian or Pepe there is a high chance they lose the ball before doing anything with it. Auba is just not useful outside the opposition box.
This. It's incredible that we're saying the attack was the weakest part of our game.

The defence and midfield have been transformed with Tierney, Gabriel and Partey. Much like when Pool bought VVD, Allison and Fabinho, they became a new side.

The key to this is Pepe. He was scoring a goal every other game at Lille. Arteta needs to work hard on him, play him regularly and get his confidence up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This. It's incredible that we're saying the attack was the weakest part of our game.

The defence and midfield have been transformed with Tierney, Gabriel and Partey. Much like when Pool bought VVD, Allison and Fabinho, they became a new side.

The key to this is Pepe. He was scoring a goal every other game at Lille. Arteta needs to work hard on him, play him regularly and get his confidence up.

I agree. We now have the most solid base we've seen since the invincibles, no joke either, which is crazy to say. I'd genuinely be happy sticking with the 343 with the tactics Arteta uses IF we get in two quality attackers/get Pepe some consistency.

Barron

We were dominant and it’s a wee bit worrying that we still are not creating a lot of chances but that was such a solid performance. We look so good defensively.

Exactly.. Finally looks like we got a back line we can build out from. When was the last time we didn't need another centre back? The chances will come.. If we're going to challenge for the title by end of season we're going to need to be tight enough at the back that we can scrape through games like this with the 3 points. All looking positive

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I agree. We now have the most solid base we've seen since the invincibles, no joke either, which is crazy to say. I'd genuinely be happy sticking with the 343 with the tactics Arteta uses IF we get in two quality attackers/get Pepe some consistency.
Where do you leave those attackers if we continue to play 3-4-3?

The reason we're so limited in attack is due to sacrificing a midfielder for another centre back.

Another reason is the lack of quality in offense, but we really only have to make one substitution to make it right: Laca -> Pepe. Move Auba centrally, Saka to LW and Willian centrally (or ESR would be my choice).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Where do you leave those attackers if we continue to play 3-4-3?

The reason we're so limited in attack is due to sacrificing a midfielder for another centre back.

Another reason is the lack of quality in offense, but we really only have to make one substitution to make it right: Laca -> Pepe. Move Auba centrally, Saka to LW and Willian centrally (or ESR would be my choice).

I disagree. Because Saka essentially plays as an attacker even in the 343. We only ever have two CB's on the pitch and Tierney usually bombs on with Bellerin regardless of who we're playing. When we attack in a 343 its very different to other teams that do it. Its flexible.

In the games at home against low blocks you simply replace Elneny with Aouar or in the case of right now then Ceballos. And you move Auba to striker whilst signing a creative left winger. But again, right now you move Auba up front and put Willian/Martinelli left wing when fit.

Its about having a quality squad with the right options for different games.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I went for Gabriel as MotM as that's how I felt straight after the game. So good to finally see a midfield paring both get so many votes. Partey & Elneny were both brilliant. I still go for Gabriel though, he had me on edge with his early booking (so too Holding) but his tackles were spot on. He's already a big player for us and he's going to get better!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I went for Gabriel as MotM as that's how I felt straight after the game. So good to finally see a midfield paring both get so many votes. Partey & Elneny were both brilliant. I still go for Gabriel though, he had me on edge with his early booking (so too Holding) but his tackles were spot on. He's already a big player for us and he's going to get better!
He's the player we've been looking for.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Rob went down injured and Xhaka starting getting ready to come on, I was like "Oh ffs, here comes Granit" ...then when it was Mustafi that eventually was going to come, I was like "Oh ffs, get Xhaka on instead."

This team :lol:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

One of the major questions I've got regarding our front 3 options I'll put out here now, when we get Martinelli back in the new year where does he fit in & who's going to miss out on the bench included? For me it's either got to be Nketiah or Lacazette our 2 central options. Couldn't we simply move Auba centrally where he's better then rotate Saka & Martinelli on the left?

I wouldn't mind seeing us give Pepe a better go aswell sometimes, he's confidence will only increase by giving him more game time. We can still play Willian if we give Pepe a shot, either of those 2 can both be tried centrally which will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom