• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We lack players with top class ball striking ability, which this lad unquestionably has. My concern is the rest of his game, I'm wary he is a Calhanoglu type of player. At 25m euros its almost certainly worth a punt though.

If we sign him it also spells the end of ESR, which should also be considered.

Breezy

We lack players with top class ball striking ability, which this lad unquestionably has. My concern is the rest of his game, I'm wary he is a Calhanoglu type of player. At 25m euros its almost certainly worth a punt though.

If we sign him it also spells the end of ESR, which should also be considered.

What’s wrong with Calhanoglu? Been arguably Milan’s best player this year. Guy is more than just a shoot merchant.

But yeah ideally you snap Szoboszlai up now for 23m and go back for Aouar in the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
25m euros release clause is so cheap for player as talented as him. Can't compare him to Aouar because he play in more competitive league still we desperately in need for goal scoring midfielder and we have space to make the signing.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police

If people read the story it's literally Szoboszlai's agent drumming up interest. He all but says Arsenal should buy his client this winter window if they don't want to lose out. I would wait a bit until more concrete info comes out, this is probably just one amongst other players we're keeping eyes on.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Rare that a move goes through when the agent yaps about our interest in the player.
Ek0R7rHXUAAvqY1

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What’s wrong with Calhanoglu? Been arguably Milan’s best player this year. Guy is more than just a shoot merchant.

But yeah ideally you snap Szoboszlai up now for 23m and go back for Aouar in the summer.

He's not a top player that's the issue. I dont see thr logic in signing Szoboszlai, who will be a project, when he have Willock and ESR in the same position that also need to be developed.

Breezy

He's not a top player that's the issue. I dont see thr logic in signing Szoboszlai, who will be a project, when he have Willock and ESR in the same position that also need to be developed.

Szoboszlai has a much higher ceiling than those two and is already a full international and doing bits in the CL.

Willock and ESR do not have to be developed by us. If they’re good enough they’ll break in.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m not expert on him by any means. Outside of highlights I watched him twice. I don’t think he is what we need. He has very good shot, but isn’t great ball player or athlete. Not the quickest

Taxi Driver

For that kind of a price you take a punt, I reckon. On top of that, RB Salzburg apparently have no trouble in selling their players during winter windows (recent examples: Haaland, Minamino).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not what we need? Fam he's exactly what we need, he's basically at the level where we want Willock or ESR to get to in an ideal world but slightly younger than them. Takes up good positions and plays in an area where there's no one really doing a similar role in our current XI. If he's the type of player who could get 10+ league goals from midfield and provide some chance creation then imo he'll add a hell of a lot based on that alone. He's a different profile to Aouar but he also has qualities which we lack currently. Tbh in an ideal world you'd sign both Aouar and Szoboszlai purely because we lack so much in those areas unless you're hoping ESR/Willock get to the level required overnight.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This feels like agent talk to me but for ppl who have watched him in the CL this season, does he have the workrate to be an arsenal midfielder?

I've only seen highlights and his ability on the ball are world class.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not what we need? Fam he's exactly what we need, he's basically at the level where we want Willock or ESR to get to in an ideal world but slightly younger than them. Takes up good positions and plays in an area where there's no one really doing a similar role in our current XI. If he's the type of player who could get 10+ league goals from midfield and provide some chance creation then imo he'll add a hell of a lot based on that alone. He's a different profile to Aouar but he also has qualities which we lack currently. Tbh in an ideal world you'd sign both Aouar and Szoboszlai purely because we lack so much in those areas unless you're hoping ESR/Willock get to the level required overnight.

he is like sigurdson rather than a natural Cm. You don’t go from wanting auoar type of player to this. Very different players. Also willock will probably end up being better Cm. This guy will be a dele Ali type of player. Suits behind a lone striker

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
he is like sigurdson rather than a natural Cm. You don’t go from wanting auoar type of player to this. Very different players. Also willock will probably end up being better Cm. This guy will be a dele Ali type of player. Suits behind a lone striker

Nothing like him. Has more through balls and key passes than Aouar. More of a Havertz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom