• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Hopefully he doesn’t turn out to be another Balázs Dzsudzsák.

As a half Hungarian, how dare you!

Dzsudzsak was ok for what he was/is, his level was never really that high.

Szoboszlai has come through the right club for his development, not sure where his next club is, do think Milan would have been ideal if that deal went through before it all messed up.

100% want him at Arsenal, 50% of that is down to his nationality, the other 50% is because the price and need of a player like him, he's also 6'1 and I feel height is also something we still require in midfield.

Also, anyone claiming he is just a shot merchant clearly doesn't know.

Whilst we're at it, double deal; get Patson Daka as well.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If people read the story it's literally Szoboszlai's agent drumming up interest. He all but says Arsenal should buy his client this winter window if they don't want to lose out. I would wait a bit until more concrete info comes out, this is probably just one amongst other players we're keeping eyes on.

His agent isn't wrong though, if Arsenal or someone else don't come in he will end up at RB Leipzig, the agent knows this and they both probably see it as not a big enough step up, Leipzig are stuck behind Bayern and will be for years, if he doesn't fancy joining Leipzig to play second fiddle I can see why his agent is trying to get interest going elsewhere.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
His agent isn't wrong though, if Arsenal or someone else don't come in he will end up at RB Leipzig, the agent knows this and they both probably see it as not a big enough step up, Leipzig are stuck behind Bayern and will be for years, if he doesn't fancy joining Leipzig to play second fiddle I can see why his agent is trying to get interest going elsewhere.

I'm not disputing the agent's logic, I'm just not convinced Arsenal will be the club that takes Szoboszlai this winter. We have seen some new info from sources but idk, we never really do winter business.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
For the touted fee, I think most top European clubs will be in for him and he'll have his pick. Unless there's some sort of connection I'm not aware of, can't see him picking us unfortunately.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
For the touted fee, I think most top European clubs will be in for him and he'll have his pick. Unless there's some sort of connection I'm not aware of, can't see him picking us unfortunately.

Clubs will be in for him but I don't think it will be any clubs to far above our level.

He won't get the game time at Bayern, PSG, Madrid, Barca, Juve, Liverpool and City etc

I think we would be able to compete for his signature if we are on track or qualified for CL, if we don't have CL then yeah we got no chance.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Clubs will be in for him but I don't think it will be any clubs to far above our level.

He won't get the game time at Bayern, PSG, Madrid, Barca, Juve, Liverpool and City etc

I think we would be able to compete for his signature if we are on track or qualified for CL, if we don't have CL then yeah we got no chance.
Maybe you’re right. But I still see the Dortmunds, Inters, Atleticos, etc., as a viable destination where he’ll get game time and they’re probably a more desirable destination than we are currently. But maybe I’m wrong about his level, I’m sure you’ve seen him play more than the handful of times I have.

But yeah, if we need CL to sign him, we’re ****ed :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Maybe you’re right. But I still see the Dortmunds, Inters, Atleticos, etc., as a viable destination where he’ll get game time and they’re probably a more desirable destination than we are currently. But maybe I’m wrong about his level, I’m sure you’ve seen him play more than the handful of times I have.

But yeah, if we need CL to sign him, we’re ****ed :lol:

I can see the clubs you've mentioned in for him, I'm just hopeful we 'could' offer a better salary than them, money is usually the deciding factor in deals even though players won't admit it, biggest worry is if he would take a step backwards to play Europa League as that's again where we seem be heading.

I've seen him play quite a lot and follow him closely however I can't lie, I'm heavily biased and watching through tinted glasses, I'd love a Hungarian at Arsenal, especially if its the best Hungarian prospect going.

Probably worth taking whatever I say with a pinch of salt, I'd happily take Willi Orban too :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I see him scoring in the Champions League so I assumed that ship has sailed. Szoboszlai is realistic then?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don't really care who we bring in at this point as long as it's someone who can pick a pass.
Tired of seeing our rubbish midfield with the imagination of a brick wall.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Napoli are also in the running so you know what that means :shivering:
Got a feeling we'll get him. I'm not sure if he is what we need but there's a huge possibility of him being moulded into something by Arteta. From what I've seen he has this Xhaka vibe about him but age and skill is in his favor.

Reactions: A_G

Why

Always Me ?
Reminds me of Ceballos's youtube vids. Lots of spinning.

Looks like he is talented, but the sort of player that comes to the Premier League and gets absolutely kicked to pieces by someone like Burnley then gets dropped to the bench to get on the weights for a year. Ends up losing all his mobility and turns into Xhaka.

Does he fit Arteta's system?

Goonger

Reminds me of Ceballos's youtube vids. Lots of spinning.

Looks like he is talented, but the sort of player that comes to the Premier League and gets absolutely kicked to pieces by someone like Burnley then gets dropped to the bench to get on the weights for a year. Ends up losing all his mobility and turns into Xhaka.

Does he fit Arteta's system?

Boy is 6ft 1" & already looks pretty well built for a 20 year old, don't think we need to really worry about his physicality.

Reliable German Media (Sport Bild) are reporting that Leipzig are closing in on him. 20m € + bonuses

Will be upset at missing out on him as think he can be a very good player at a very reasonable price, but Leipzig will be favourites I'd imagine.

Dammit

So guys, I'm not an ITK at all, but can tell a few facts from hungarian sources. These things are true and all the rubbish you read are not.

Arsenal's interest in Szoboszlai is 100% true, PL is his favorite league he is also interested in joining us.

Milan almost signed him, they tried it two times, both times failed and his agent said **** off, no third time's a charm for them. He doesn't go to any other italian team either.

The winter transfer window is the now or never time to sign him, because Salzburg will sell him.

His destination will be either the Budesliga or PL, but from the PL we are the frontrunners. His agent recently mentioned only Arsenal of interested clubs when asked, but I also don't want to get your hopes up as the genuine feeling around EM Sports (his agency) that he should take the Haaland route and sign for a Bundesliga team, that's why the press started to link him to Leipzig recently.

Breezy

So guys, I'm not an ITK at all, but can tell a few facts from hungarian sources. These things are true and all the rubbish you read are not.

Arsenal's interest in Szoboszlai is 100% true, PL is his favorite league he is also interested in joining us.

Milan almost signed him, they tried it two times, both times failed and his agent said **** off, no third time's a charm for them. He doesn't go to any other italian team either.

The winter transfer window is the now or never time to sign him, because Salzburg will sell him.

His destination will be either the Budesliga or PL, but from the PL we are the frontrunners. His agent recently mentioned only Arsenal of interested clubs when asked, but I also don't want to get your hopes up as the genuine feeling around EM Sports (his agency) that he should take the Haaland route and sign for a Bundesliga team, that's why the press started to link him to Leipzig recently.

Under the current environment he’s probably better off in Leipzig tbf.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Depends upon how interested he is in money compared to development if it comes down to Arsenal vs Leipzig

MikeVinna

Established Member
Better go to Leipzig. Arteta would have him play for the U23’s in a transitional year while starting Elneny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom