• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jerome Boateng

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Why are so many top PL clubs interested in him?

Weird one to me. Can’t have much left in the tank surely.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Wouldn't mind him tbh. If Luiz, Socrates, Mustafi, Chambers and Holding go we need an experienced CB there. Perfect player for Saliba to get to learn the ropes from as well. Would prefer someone more around 26-30 age bracket though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s actually not been that bad at all actually, but Bayern + Bundesliga it’s so hard to tell.

Doesn’t make sense to me this signing though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s actually not been that bad at all actually, but Bayern + Bundesliga it’s so hard to tell.

Doesn’t make sense to me this signing though.
True, he’s been decent recently after going through a dodgy patch.

But you’re talking about a guy who will be 33 when next season starts, this is really bottom of the barrel stuff. I bet in the history of the PL such a move hasn’t worked.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thiago Silva looking alright but early days though I’m not expecting it to last. Who knows.

In any case I don’t see Boateng doing that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

But you’re talking about a guy who will be 33 when next season starts, this is really bottom of the barrel stuff. I bet in the history of the PL such a move hasn’t worked.

Reminds me of us resigning Sol. You'd probably get a couple of performances that remind you of what the player was like at his peak but mostly would not be good enough

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Thiago Silva looking alright but early days though I’m not expecting it to last. Who knows.

In any case I don’t see Boateng doing that.
Thiago Silva’s mental attributes are elite. I think as long as his body doesn’t let him down he’ll be fine.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

There have always been talks about personal issues over the last few years and he's always been kind of injury prone. Seems he's got those issues resolved and Flick just recently said Boa had been working on his body recently, then there's Bayern's tactics which fit him nicely, and you get why he's been on the up recently. You can't rely deny that.

But as you say he's almost 33, there's question marks over his health and the less physical BL plus playing in a dominant team will have helped that, and he's also slowed down significantly. It's a no from me. There's enough high earners without resale value at the club already.

Even if the club manages to get rid of David L., Mustafi and one of Chambers/Holding, I'd rather sign a right footed starter with a little more gas in the tank.

X, Gabriel, Saliba, Mari + one of Chambers/Holding is a decent choice of CBs with a lot of upside and enough experience.

And then there's Mavropanos, too, who's had a horrible and unfortunate history with injuries, but looks a massive CB in the making whenever on the pitch. Very complete CB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There have always been talks about personal issues over the last few years and he's always been kind of injury prone. Seems he's got those issues resolved and Flick just recently said Boa had been working on his body recently, then there's Bayern's tactics which fit him nicely, and you get why he's been on the up recently. You can't rely deny that.

But as you say he's almost 33, there's question marks over his health and the less physical BL plus playing in a dominant team will have helped that, and he's also slowed down significantly. It's a no from me. There's enough high earners without resale value at the club already.

Even if the club manages to get rid of David L., Mustafi and one of Chambers/Holding, I'd rather sign a right footed starter with a little more gas in the tank.

X, Gabriel, Saliba, Mari + one of Chambers/Holding is a decent choice of CBs with a lot of upside and enough experience.

And then there's Mavropanos, too, who's had a horrible and unfortunate history with injuries, but looks a massive CB in the making whenever on the pitch. Very complete CB.
Interesting comments on Mavropanos, you’ve been positive about him before, you’ve probably watched him more than most if not all of this forum.

Interesting because this forum generally has a downer on him, which I find weird.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
An old cb on huge wages is exactly what this club needs at the moment. Check the money at Alaba if you want a disgruntled Bayern player.

Latest posts

Top Bottom