• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
But anyway to get back on topic.

Is the whole Auba playing upfront thing a myth? People keep asking for it but it's been like that since we first bought him, don't think we'll ever see him get a proper run of games in the 9 role.
I don't think anyone has wondered the possibility that maybe Auba doesn't want to play up front. Four different managers have played him out wide now. This has been a thing since he arrived but the thing is Auba himself has yet to complain about his position.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Fair enough, I got it wrong but I do wonder how he would feel taking his best friend's place on the team. I know they're professionals but Laca and Auba are good friends and it's clear they won't be playing as strikers together any time soon. So, one will either play out wide or the other get a benched and made redundant.

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

wtf going on here. what did Toni said?

He said Aubameyang isnt a role model because he celebrated with a mask a few times

Funny how he's silent about Reus

reus.jpg

Don't want to be [Mod Edit: STOP CALLING PEOPLE THAT FFS] like Kroos but got to agree, Auba is a bit too much goofer for my liking. I think Laca drags the worst out in him too. It will be nice when we split them apart.

Other than that I do like Auba as a football player!

Last edited by a moderator:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Arteta's pressing style would have seen RvP go on strike or get injured. Only the Invincibles could play for Arteta and look good-because they'd ignore him and do their own thing.
Yeah, I guess Arteta's style ain't for finesse and flair player. Tbh, he really needs to show his adaptability with the forward players in the coming games or he's screwed. Doubt the fans will be that patient if can't utilize the players to their strengths.

Really think all Arteta has to do here is just set the attacking 4 upto what they do best. Saka/Auba-Auba/Laca- Pepe with Willian in the hole with them not tracking runners all game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think Toni definitely has a very old school mentality but it is possible for a footballer to be serious when actually playing but still be able to celebrate in an expressive way. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. I suppose it does make a player become a target tho when they're perceived as not being serious and they're not performing. Like Lingard for example. You have to back it up.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I pointed out that Auba did the masked thing for his kids when people were having a go in that captaincy thread. People always have something to say.

This world makes me wonder sometimes.
Aren’t you one on the ones that (rightly so) that berates Lacazette for his dancing? Kind of the same thing really.

Personally I think that theres a fine line in celebrations. Cup final winning goal for example is obviously a great time for an over the top celebration. When you’re generally struggling and you score a tap in or a pen then keep it simple.

I remember Auba doing a flip after he scored a penalty in which he initially missed only to luckily be allowed to retake it and score. It was cringe.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah, I guess Arteta's style ain't for finesse and flair player. Tbh, he really needs to show his adaptability with the forward players in the coming games or he's screwed. Doubt the fans will be that patient if can't utilize the players to their strengths.

Really think all Arteta has to do here is just set the attacking 4 upto what they do best. Saka/Auba-Auba/Laca- Pepe with Willian in the hole with them not tracking runners all game.
I just don't think he trusts the players he has and looks to minimise every players deficiencies so that literally every player except Leno and Gabriel aren't playing their natural game. It's as clear as day that no attack will function with this version of Laca. He needs to move on to the next idea if he has one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Aren’t you one on the ones that (rightly so) that berates Lacazette for his dancing? Kind of the same thing really.

Personally I think that theres a fine line in celebrations. Cup final winning goal for example is obviously a great time for an over the top celebration. When you’re generally struggling and you score a tap in or a pen then keep it simple.

I remember Auba doing a flip after he scored a penalty in which he initially missed only to luckily be allowed to retake it and score. It was cringe.
You’ve got me confused with someone else, I like/don’t mind Laca’s celebrations.

You for whatever reason don’t like Auba so you are gonna cringe whatever celebration he does.

Top Bottom