• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dont talk nonsense. Would take Xhaka about 30 seconds to turn like this boy does. He's not a quick winger, we should be playing him inside to create & shoot.

Compare his take ons from the Champions league and the Austrian league. The level of opposition prevents him from completing 1 dribble per game. In Austria, Xhaka would be able to dribble past players.

Goonger

Compare his take ons from the Champions league and the Austrian league. The level of opposition prevents him from completing 1 dribble per game. In Austria, Xhaka would be able to dribble past players.

We don't need him to be an elite dribbler if he joins. We need him to be able pick a pass, to be able to keep the ball under pressure & to be able to score goals from midfield, as we have a severe lack of goals from that area.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
His pace and body movement is a serious and real concern. If he can't sort his feet and body out in time in the PL it will be the same Xhaka problem all over again. He can't really pick a pass or shoot properly if the pace of the game is quite a bit higher in the PL.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We don't need him to be an elite dribbler if he joins. We need him to be able pick a pass, to be able to keep the ball under pressure & to be able to score goals from midfield, as we have a severe lack of goals from that area.
We have one who does that so much better and we don't play him.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
His overall game is kinda lacking but to compare him to Xhaka is mad. Szoboszlai has quick feet and agility despite his tall frame. He kinda reminds me of a less refined Barkley but one thing that is for sure is that his ball striking is elite. He generates a lot of power with little back lift. Bruno Fernandez comes into mind. For £25 million I would take a chance on him, especially if the Aouar boat has sailed.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His overall game is kinda lacking but to compare him to Xhaka is mad. Szoboszlai has quick feet and agility despite his tall frame. He kinda reminds me of a less refined Barkley but one thing that is for sure is that his ball striking is elite. He generates a lot of power with little back lift. Bruno Fernandez comes into mind. For £25 million I would take a chance on him, especially if the Aouar boat has sailed.

He needs freedom to operate though. You are looking at him and pepe behind Auba with Saka as a left 8. No way Arteta will go for that.

Keplaz

If we are going for him might as well give Emile a chance. He isn't the finished article either and I think ESR can add creativity to this team.

Goonger

Never watched him play, tbh...but if he is just someone who can cut it and shoot, then we need to stay clear imo...we need someone who can play between the lines and link our midfield and attack, we don't need a Podolski-esque player just waiting to get the ball in the box.

He's not Podolski esque at all. He's a playmaker who plays wide a lot of the time for Salzburg but is more suited to being central. He's tall, elegant, good feet, & has been mentioned above has shooting technique like Bruno Fernandes. Linked to Real Madrid in the press today.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm sold, sign him up, let him play wherever he wants and shoot whenever he wants

Time to get back to our playing days

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

much rather nkunku, this guy has amazing shots, but lacks speed and dribbling ability like nkunku. I know he is 19 and nkunku is way older at 22 which isnt appealing. But I want the guy who has shined at much higher level

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

so we are crying out for a creative midfielder, but he doesnt need to be able to dribble? A quick attacking midfielder who can dribble opens up your whole attack

Goonger

so we are crying out for a creative midfielder, but he doesnt need to be able to dribble? A quick attacking midfielder who can dribble opens up your whole attack

No, I said he doesn't have to be an elite dribbler. I don't count guys like Maddison & Fernandes as elite dribblers, but they certainly are very creative.

This guy can still dribble to a decent level, he ran half the pitch & scored from outside the area in the last minute to score last night to send his country into another major finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom