• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob, with our limited resources, & with Edouard heading into his final year next year, he seems like 1 of the most realistic signings we can make to replace Laca.

Do you think he has the all round skill set to play that modern number 9 role that we so lack at the moment. I find myself watching the likes of Watkins last night with jealousy!
I do.

karquosa

I would love if:

1. We exchanged Pepe for Aouar
2. Signed Calvin Stengs as the Pepe replacement.
3. Got someone like Edouard to replace Laca.

Saka Auba Stengs
Aouar Szoboszlai
Thomas
Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin​

Jakarta

In:
Zaha (50-60m)
Doucoure (35m)
Ziyech or Brandt (Supposedly 25m release clauses)
Grealish
Jonathan Tah
Tierney

+ Backup target man striker and CM...can't think of any right now

Out:
Özil
Lacazette(need the cash)
Xhaka
Mustafi
Iwobi
Mkhitaryan
Monreal
Elneny

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Tah Tierney
Torreira Doucoure
Ziyech/Brandt Grealish Zaha
Aubameyang​
Bring back Nelson/Smith Rowe...and pack the bench with hungry exciting prospects.

Wish listing Grealish before he played in the prem last season.

Kudos to me.

Pyromaniac

Nkunku would be an interesting alternative to Aouar/Szoboszlai. He was one of Leipzig's standout players last year, had 5 goals and 15 assists in the league (3rd in the league for assists after Müller and Sancho). Compared to Aouar he is probably the better passer, while Aouar is better at dribbling and driving forward. Nkunku can run with the ball though as well. If I remember correctly, Emery already wanted to get him here.

Let's play Aubamawang

I can't see Auoar happening now, and tbh I see no reason to go back in for him. He made it clear that we weren't attractive enough for him to risk moving to a new league. If we could get hold of Szoboszlai, it could really make a big difference to our creativity. It might be in everyone's interests to sell Pepe if he doesn't show consistency this season, so that we can get someone else in.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sell:
Torreira £25m
Bellerin £25-30m
Lacazette £5m (has a year left)
Kolasinac £5m
Nketiah £20m
Holding or Chambers £20m
Mavropanos £10m

Released: Mustafi (80k), Özil (350k), Sokratis (~80k), Luiz (100k), Ceballos (end of loan ~ 60k)

Loan Nelson

Total: £110m+ and so much in wages, a ridiculous amount in fact (around £1m per week, 52m a year)

Sign:
Grealish £70m
Patson Daka or Edouard £30m
Tariq Lamptey £30m
An experienced CB ~ £20m
LB understudy £10m

Total: £170m

£60m net spend which is kind of misleading considering our net wage cost will decrease by like 700k a week.

Leno
Lamptey CB Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka Saka
Pepe Aubameyang Grealish

Runarsson
AMN Chambers/Holding Saliba LB
Willock Elneny ESR
Willian Edouard Martinelli

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
250mill double deal him and sancho to united

We should just pay that and take them both and be set, we need more of a British core, I would bring in Lamptey as well along with Grealish, that would be filthy!

Leno
Lamptey Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Jude Partey
Sancho Saka Grealish
Aubameyang​

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think the Grealish boat has sailed tbh. You’re looking at 120M for him easy now.

Got to be looking at that next generation, Angel Gomes has been balling out in Portugal so far I see @Juan Matas Beard .

Eze at Palace well is going to be special. Followed him since QPR.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I would love if:

1. We exchanged Pepe for Aouar
2. Signed Calvin Stengs as the Pepe replacement.
3. Got someone like Edouard to replace Laca.

Saka Auba Stengs
Aouar Szoboszlai
Thomas
Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin​
Stengs ain't ready at all mate. Big fan before his knee ligament injury but he really isn't kicking on at the moment. Needs a step in between.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
+
Marcel Sabitzer
Marcus Thuram
Joseph Aidoo
20 something leftback backup

-
Mustafi
Özil
David Luiz
Sokratis
Elneny
Lacazette
Willian
Kolasinac

--------

CBs: Aidoo, Saliba / Gabriel, Mari
FBs: Bellerin, Cedric / Tierney, backup
CMs: Willock, Partey, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka
AMs and forwards: Sabitzer, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Pepe, Thuram, Aubameyang, Martinelli

Leno
Bellerin Aidoo Gabriel Tierney
Willock Partey
Thuram Sabitzer Saka
Auba​

Arsenal need a quality number 10, and Arsenal are short on money (nothing new here).

So look no further than Udinese's dynamic captain and talisman Rodrigo De Paul.

rodrigo-de-paul-udinese-1594643598-43366.jpg

The 26-year-old Argentine international has been lighting up Serie A for the past for couple of seasons with stellar performances on the weekly. Whilst his stats might not make him a household name outside Serie A (who is a household name in a struggling Udinese side?) De Paul's talent has certainly not gone unnoticed in Italy as links to Juventus hot up amidst the looming January transfer window.

Yet, it was Leeds that came closest to snapping up De Paul in the Summer, only to be foiled by Udinese's €40M price tag. A more than worthy investment for a big 6 club.

So what would De Paul actually bring to Arsenal? The answer: everything.

De Paul is most at home playing as a number 10, but can also operate anywhere across the front line and in fact started his career as a left-sided winger who would often cut inside. More recently however, De Paul has excelled whilst playing a deeper midfield role, operating as a box-to-box player in a 3-man midfield where his superb technical ability and reading of the game can be utilised to full effect. He is a flair player whose energy, quick feet and trickery can get him out of tight spaces, but also possesses a deadly passing range in his armoury where he often picks out forward players at ease. He is also an accurate set-piece taker, something Arsenal have lacked for a long time and he's a proven leader with the grittiness to adhere to his defensive duties. His attributes are eerily similar to that of a certain Jack Grealish whose name Arsenal fans are probably sick of by now.

De Paul is now in his prime years and it is no secret that he wishes to play at a higher level. At Arsenal he could slot in perfectly playing as the creative force in behind the frontline and his versatility could also allow him to form a formidable duo alongside the robust Thomas Partey.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
@Toby Andrl I'm on the Thuram and Sabitzer train as well. Thuram-Auba-Pepe would should be a really balanced front three. Add a creative player to play with Sabitzer and Partey, we'd have a making of a very functional midfield and attack.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I like how things have gone cold on Moussa Dembele. I think he would be perfect for us in the 9 role.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Think the Grealish boat has sailed tbh. You’re looking at 120M for him easy now.

Got to be looking at that next generation, Angel Gomes has been balling out in Portugal so far I see @Juan Matas Beard .

Eze at Palace well is going to be special. Followed him since QPR.

All he needs is game time, he was impressing as much if not more than Sancho and Foden at the same level.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
IN: Konate (40m), Zaha (40m), Isco (loan with option), Ceballos (30m).

Out: Mustafi (5m), Sokratis (free) Holding (15m), Kolasinac (5m), AMN (25m), Özil (-10m) Lacazette (25m), Nelson (25m), Nketiah (20m).

----------------------Leno
--------------Konate-----Gabriel--------------
---Bellerin--------------------------Tierney---
----------------Ceballos---Partey--------------
------Saka-----------Isco-------Pepe/GM-------
-------------------Aubameyang-------------------

Newchange

----------------------Leno
--------------Upamencano-----Gabriel--------------
---Lampety--------------------------Tierney---
----------------Barella---Partey--------------
------Neto-----------Grealish-------Saka——-