• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
Not won a big game this season. Utd is normally that big game, but are horrendous this season, everyone is beating them at home, West Brom were unlucky against them too.

Nothing this season that makes you go “wow”.

Debatable. Utd finished third. They’re a big game however you see it. Also beat Liverpool in the cup.

Bergkamp1988

This game has justified and vindicated a lot of choices he’s been making that the fans have been getting on his back for.

Not trusting Pepe for one. Changing tactics and switching Auba around doesn’t magically improve things like fans thought it would either. Willock disappointing on his breakthrough chance...

Needs better players. Leeds should not be spending more than us on transfers.

Good points. Nevertheless, he could be doing a much better job with the players at hand. If we could at least see there was some sort of a "philosophy" behind it all and that some players weren't cutting it. But there is no substance to start with.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What is he saying about being better in certain periods of the first half? I can't remember any.
In my opinion we were better in the first half of the first half. I dont understand why the commentators made it seem like Leeds were better.

By the way this isnt me saying we were good enough. We still didnt create a shot on target despite our control at the time.

Manberg

Predator
Good points. Nevertheless, he could be doing a much better job with the players at hand. If we could at least see there was some sort of a "philosophy" behind it all and that some players weren't cutting it. But there is no substance to start with.

There’s substance in the defending. He doesn’t have the core of his attack to build anything from. For starters there’s not even an attacking midfielder in the squad. Not his fault because he wanted Aouar but didn’t get him.

OSBK

Established Member
Pepe headbutt saved him today. We were utterly shocking before the swnding off and that will be forgotten about.

Biesla sits on a bucket and his players run through brick walls for him and he doesnt say a word.

Arteta yaps on the sideline trying to get players to chase around because they wont do it by themselves.

Reactions: Kav

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can't lie think he's a fraud, also brings so much negative energy. There's a dark aura around him.
Think he’s a good coach, those results last season were decent in the FA Cup. I agree with you though, he’s brings other stuff to the table which I’m not keen on, but that’s the risk with a young manager - you never fully know what you’re getting.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Would be all for Rafa. Arteta hasnt shown anything in the league and is living of one fluke win against City. Were on another day we would have been battered.

C'mon mate, Rafa is not doing a better job here than Arteta.

It's fair to be critical of Arteta but he is learning, he is identifying areas of improvement and making the necessary changes (Auba centrally, or the interesting 3-4-3/4-3-3 hybrid he designed to get the best out of our lacking options), I see reason for optimism, despite the fact that there are major concerns (negligence of not signing a creative 10 space operator, over-conservatism, lack of evidence of being able to coach good attacking) Rafa and Bielsa, especially the former, are managers with their warts too and would certainly be criticised heavily if they were in charge here.

It falls apart because someone like Willock is the link and he’s falling over his own feet, or before today there was absolutely no link because the midfield is playing on the halfway line and the fullbacks are the main creative threat.

Indeed. Tactically I actually saw the improvements in those first 20 minutes especially, it was refreshing to see moments where Willian, Willock, and Ceballos actually had people to combine with in interesting spaces in the middle, and our attack wasn't so isolated.

However, of course, Willock is a very limited player and we saw that. I would've subbed Reiss for Pepe and kept Willock on and would've been interested to see if our play improved a bit in the second half, but yeah, my word, what we stand to gain replacing Willock with a better player is massive. Hence my criticism of the market and our decisions, how we could not see the opportunities for MASSIVE gains in that position and the need for those gains, it's hard to tell..Thomas may be the better player than James in a vacuum but the latter would've improved us more, because he's simply giving far more gains on his alternative than Thomas.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Debatable. Utd finished third. They’re a big game however you see it. Also beat Liverpool in the cup.

Cup wins are one of matches where anything can happen on the day. And we won it on penalties. The league is where you see your progress. And we arent seeing that.

Reactions: Kav

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
A £200m front line should be able to create and score chances for itself. Look at front lines that have cost a lot less but are MILES ahead of ours in Liverpool and Sp**s. Neither of theirs needs any kind of service from the midfield.

Our front 3 got 36 goals and 16 assists in the league last season, now they look like they couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. Have they suddenly got **** over night?

On the subject of Liverpool’s front line not needing the midfield to create chances, that might be the case but their midfield still does it. Henderson and Keita created more big chances than all of our midfielders combined last season.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
For me this sumps up the Arteta careers as manager.
Before
images

After
images

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The defence isnt an issue anymore, we got partey to protect the defence and link the play. Time to give the forward players freedom, he needs to shut up and let them get on with it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think he’s a good coach, those results last season were decent in the FA Cup. I agree with you though, he’s brings other stuff to the table which I’m not keen on, but that’s the risk with a young manager - you never fully know what you’re getting.

You're only as good as your last game though, only so long can we play badly before something has to give.

Top Bottom