• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
Our front 3 got 36 goals and 16 assists in the league last season, now they look like they couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. Have they suddenly got **** over night?

On the subject of Liverpool’s front line not needing the midfield to create chances, that might be the case but their midfield still does it. Henderson and Keita created more big chances than all of our midfielders combined last season.

Last season, Auba was performing very well in the same system and the same position. This season, he’s not. Fans were too quick to deflect it to the system and the position, yet not caring to look at the heart of the problem - Auba himself. I don’t have the answers as to why that is. Maybe it’s a confidence thing or maybe he was just playing for his contract last season, but he dropped several gears and it seems many don’t want to point it out.

Liverpool’s forwards are much better and have better movement to fashion themselves a lot more chances. It’s really not about the quality of the midfield. Ours is just as capable as theirs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Made right decision today he done what we asked him to do players let him down again maybe we need ti stop blaming manager and admit most of our players are midtable quality at best apart from some

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Last season, Auba was performing very well in the same system and the same position. This season, he’s not. Fans were too quick to deflect it to the system and the position, yet not caring to look at the heart of the problem - Auba himself. I don’t have the answers as to why that is. Maybe it’s a confidence thing or maybe he was just playing for his contract last season, but he dropped several gears and it seems many don’t want to point it out.

It’s not that ****ing hard to grasp is it? More chances were being created for him last season. Before today he had 6 attempts on goal from inside the box in the first 8 games. Average that out over a season and that’s about 29 attempts from inside the box. He had more than double that last season. How is he supposed to replicate those numbers from last season if the chances aren’t being created?

Kav

Established Member
Made right decision today he done what we asked him to do players let him down again maybe we need ti stop blaming manager and admit most of our players are midtable quality at best apart from some
The players didn't let him down. We were **** in the first half or did you forget that. Don't let Pepe's sending off blind you to how poor we were playing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The players didn't let him down. We were **** in the first half or did you forget that. Don't let Pepe's sending off blind you to how poor we were playing.
Yes the player let him down they hot and cold they play well 15-20 min from 90 min today that not good enough for team who want to compete

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I stopped properly watching the game after the red card thinking it was over.

I'm surprised we got the draw and even missed a couple chances even, poor from Leeds and proved that we are only comfortable parking the bus right now.

Manberg

Predator
It’s not that ****ing hard to grasp is it? More chances were being created for him last season. Before today he had 6 attempts on goal from inside the box in the first 8 games. Average that out over a season and that’s about 29 attempts from inside the box. He had more than double that last season. How is he supposed to replicate those numbers if the chances aren’t being created?

I’m repeating myself here. Forwards need to create chances and be in the position for chances to be created with their movement and their confidence running at defenders. I can point to goals Auba scored last season where he did exactly that and highlight the lack of replicating it this season. Auba’s chance in the first half where he looked half arsed and never wrapped his foot around the ball only proves his drop in confidence or effort, or a drop in physical ability.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think it was a fair observation had to tell a few people, I was talking directly to them.
I see where you are coming to an extent. Wouldn't say dark aura but I would say he seems very serious, intense and professional; that definitely is reflected in his style of play so far.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes the player let him down they hot and cold they play well 15-20 min from 90 min today that not good enough for team who want to compete
You can say about every manager that gets sacked the players let him down. Yet you sack the manager rather than the players. And you could argue he lets the players down by not being able to set his team up to create chances. If he loses next two games he will be the favourite to be sacked in the pl and all pressure on him

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I see where you are coming to an extent. Wouldn't say dark aura but I would say he seems very serious and professional, that definitely is reflected in his style of play so far.

Dunno man everything from his resting b*tch face to the scowl he has at times to the incessant shouting from the side-lines. It feels like someone I'd hate to work for.

I like serious and professional but he seems much more malicious.

Top Bottom