• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You look at the individual players threads on here, a significant percentage of them it's talk about how the player is overrated and not as good as fans make them out to be. It's not like it's a handful of players being described this way either. It's core members of our squad in some cases.

Yet you come on the managers thread and it's all about how the Arteta is underperforming with the quality of the squad he's got and we should be doing much better.

You can't have it both ways

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
This was a crazy, crazy risk from the club giving Arteta the job with no experience. It's a risk, FA Cup/Community Shield aside, isn't paying off. The end of Wengers reign, Emery and Freddie never had us playing such terrible football. If this was Emery or Wenger in charge with these performances then everyone backing Arteta would be calling for their heads right now, but because Arteta is new to managment they're all hoping he somehow learns very quickly and turns this around.

Make no mistake, this is worrying right now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This was a crazy, crazy risk from the club giving Arteta the job with no experience. It's a risk, FA Cup/Community Shield aside, isn't paying off. The end of Wengers reign, Emery and Freddie never had us playing such terrible football. If this was Emery or Wenger in charge with these performances then everyone backing Arteta would be calling for their heads right now, but because Arteta is new to managment they're all hoping he somehow learns very quickly and turns this around.

Talking out your butthole a little bit here bro.

Under Emery even when we were winning we were never in control of games. I've seen more in our games under Arteta than I did under Emery, that guy was scraping results from the very beginning. People pull out stats from their arses on Emery vs Arteta, but the fact is Emery was shocking from the get go and it only got worse not better.

Arteta needs this full season, no manager in world football is fixing the issues we currently have straight away, give him this season. If the season is a massive failure then of course you start to look elsewhere.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Martinelli hasn't played for months and we haven't seen Saliba play a game of competitive football :lol::lol::lol::lol: some people on here I swear to god.
If you want attacking/possession football, you need a high line. And only quick defenders can play a high line. Other than Gabriel, we only have Saliba who doesn’t sucks at pace.

And Martinelli is our most skillful striker at the club. John Jules comes next. Nketiah/Laca/Auba are shxt on the ball, they have no close control. Cant even do a simple skill move to trick the opponent, and don’t have the passing ability to pass the ball around in a tiki taka system. If you want we can try Omari Hutchinson up front.

Last edited:

vantoure

Not a fan of managers who over complicate things tbh. Football is a very simple game and players aren’t the smartest, they can only take so much instructions from a manager on the touchline. He’s literally thinking for them.

Pep has definitely had an influence on Arteta with the way he loves to over complicate simple things.
Exactly. My biggest grouse against Emery (even before he joined) and now Arteta - this idea of barking instructions to the players constantly from the sidelines. Find it quite annoying.

You could as well setup your playing station and control the players in FIFA that way

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you want attacking/possession football, you need a high line. And only quick defenders can play a high line. Other than Gabriel, we only have Saliba who doesn’t sucks at pace.

And Martinelli is our most skillful striker at the club. John Jules comes next. Nketiah/Laca/Auba are shxt on the ball, they have no close control. Cant even do a simple skill move to trick the opponent, and don’t have the passing ability to pass the ball around in a tiki taka system. If you want we can try Omari Hutchinson up front.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Football manager by name football manager by nature.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, you wonder if the stadium would be as empty right now as last days Wenger & Emery. Arteta lucky that visual not there adding pressure.

Wryer

First real set back for Mikel to manage both from results and performance perspective. And I don't mean just by the last 2 games. This is gonna set the tone and he must clean it up from the get go.

Emery never quite recovered from his first real wobble.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta is worrying me, and I don’t say this lightly as one of his earliest fans. I thought he’d be Wenger II, but he’s far too intense, and too rigid in his approach to man management.

When Adams and Merson were chanting ‘we want our Mars bars’ from the back of the bus, Wenger had a rye smile and they loved him for it. Arteta would have stopped the bus and made them walk home.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

It's ironic all the people bringing Wenger up now. Most of you had probably turned on him by the end. No point romanticizing him now or looking back with rose tinted glasses.

Wenger would be the first to say give Arteta time, I'm certain of it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's ironic all the people bringing Wenger up now. Most of you had probably turned on him by the end. No point romanticizing him now or looking back with rose tinted glasses.

Wenger would be the first to say give Arteta time, I'm certain of it.
lol the people piping up now like @Makingtrax and others certainly didn't turn on Wenger.

I wanted him to go myself but I definitely regret it now.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Yeah, you wonder if the stadium would be as empty right now as last days Wenger & Emery. Arteta lucky that visual not there adding pressure.

Given how the pandemic has decimated the economy and people are struggling to make ends meet, if the stadium was open again I doubt it would be anywhere near full capacity.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We are in a unique situation with Man United. A manager was at our football club for bloody ages, look at how long its taken United to get anywhere of any decency since Fergie left. Look at how many managers and how much money they've gone through.

We are building from the very bottom here, we have a good core group of players that need a bit of magic sprinkled around them. We have a tactically astute manager with excellent potential.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Aside from the strict regimental style and stubbornness in team selection, one thing I've been thinking about is his very strict disciplinarian mindset where everyone has to fall in line and if not, he'll publicly call them out - even his own.

Could see it clearly in the treatment of Guendouzi and reminded again in the way he discussed Pepe's red. This is a very popular route for public perception, and while technically you can't complain about either of the comments or treatments, I think of how the best managers protect their players and try to get the best out of them no matter their attitudes.

I don't know how feasible it is in the long run; this mindset of expecting mindless well-behaved robots and throwing them under the bus if they aren't. Cause that's how Arteta seems to me. While we make fun of managers who protect their players, it's usually the right thing to do (in public at least). I feel Arteta's approach is something that can cause resentment in a squad long term.

Just my feelings anyway. Let's see.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

lol the people piping up now like @Makingtrax and others certainly didn't turn on Wenger.

I wanted him to go myself but I definitely regret it now.

I wasn't pointing at any one poster, I know Makingtrax is a diehard Wengerite.

I was pro Wenger till the end, you weren't. I can totally understand your reasoning for feeling that way at the end of his tenure.

Wengers gone. Wengerball is never coming back here or anywhere else, the games evolved. We've got to get over it.

We've got to move forwards rather that harking back to the past. Our fanbase is starting to look worryingly like Liverpool's in the 90's and 2000's. Everything's about the past and how much better things used to be.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

We are in a unique situation with Man United. A manager was at our football club for bloody ages, look at how long its taken United to get anywhere of any decency since Fergie left. Look at how many managers and how much money they've gone through.

We are building from the very bottom here, we have a good core group of players that need a bit of magic sprinkled around them. We have a tactically astute manager with excellent potential.

I'm glad you decided to stick around after the summer transfer window. You talk a lot of sense.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

You are such a good poster, when you aren't being driven insane by transfer season :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom