• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moah

I have defended him on here ever since he joined the club and the stupid moment he had won't change my mind about how good a player he is.

I understand everyone that was mad because of his idiotic mistake but some are absolute idiots themselves.

How does him cost 72m got anything to do about him getting a red card? Then come the others that name call him about his behavior. It was literally his first ever red card but now all of a sudden he has discipline issues? :lol: He barely touched the guy. Had the ****** stood up and gone head to head with him both wouldn't even get a yellow.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
? He’s been on an off the bench all season. It’s extremely likely he would be riding the bench at some point soon. Red card aside, he hardly set the world on fire in the game. Saka came on and looked 5x better. Sounds to me like you are already Arteta out and just dont want to say it :rofl:

I just read that he was ‘fully Arteta Out’ because that’s literally what he typed by having false stops either side of the sentence... Unless I read it wrong :lol:
. I am fully Arteta out.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
? He’s been on an off the bench all season. It’s extremely likely he would be riding the bench at some point soon. Red card aside, he hardly set the world on fire in the game. Saka came on and looked 5x better. Sounds to me like you are already Arteta out and just dont want to say it :rofl:

I am not Arteta out yet. However every player is different. Benching a player may get a reaction out of that player. A different player may need to be played into form. Knowing your players is part of management. Having one rule for all doesn't cut it when you have players at different talent levels.

Yes what Pepe did was stupid, but so was Mustafi getting Luiz sent off. The call was to support Mustafi.

Aubameyang slid in with a high foot, got forgiven instantly.

Xhaka has been repeatedly given stupid penalties away.

Mustafi the same.

I am all for punishing players, but playing Pepe on Thursday is more of a punishment than bencing him. You bench him, you lose him. You play him and he scores a hat trick, you may just get him back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
On a side note - who wants to play spot the difference with me? Lol

Arteta on Luiz after come off the bench and got sent off against City.

Arteta’s reaction after Leeds on Pepe’s red card

Discuss.

City game he was still quite fresh to the job, wouldn't want to rub Luiz up the wrong way considering how much weight he holds in the dressing room. Most likely anyway.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Honestly just think Arteta is feeling the pressure and frustrations of the job

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta can't be blamed what he said was correct it was pepe fault it wasn't a dangerous tackle or unfair 2nd yellow it was his stupid actions that cost the team

You also can't compare it to Luiz red against Leeds or Eddie against Leicester. What Arteta didn't like is the attitude it was completely not needed

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

City game he was still quite fresh to the job, wouldn't want to rub Luiz up the wrong way considering how much weight he holds in the dressing room. Most likely anyway.
I deleted it cause I posted the wrong video

The skysports interview I saw, Arteta said Pepe let the team down, it was unacceptable etc etc.

His man management is offkey tbh

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Also the racist abuse is really has to stop look at this forum we were incredibly frustrated nobody called pepe some vile abuse racist words. Seriously what's wrong with people

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta can't be blamed what he said was correct it was pepe fault it wasn't a dangerous tackle or unfair 2nd yellow it was his stupid actions that cost the team

You also can't compare it to Luiz red against Leeds or Eddie against Leicester. What Arteta didn't like is the attitude it was completely not needed
Really mate, whatever. It's not the first time somebody did something like that. Would he give the same reaction if he was managing Zidane vs Materazzi? No, he would defend Zidane and would "understand" his reaction, but he is now going all in vs Pepe, because Pepe is an easy target just like Douzi and Özil were.
Arteta is a first class hypocrite, just like his mentor Pep.

Would be interesting to compare how United/Ole tackled the same situation with Martial and how Arteta/Arsenal are gonna deal with it

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Really mate, whatever. It's not the first time somebody did something like that. Would he give the same reaction if he was managing Zidane vs Materazzi? No, he would defend Zidane and would "understand" his reaction, but he is now going all in vs Pepe, because Pepe is an easy target just like Douzi and Özil were.
Arteta is a first class hypocrite, just like his mentor Pep.

Would be interesting to compare how United/Ole tackled the same situation with Martial and how Arteta/Arsenal are gonna deal with it
Managers don't have favorite players i don't think Arteta coming defending pepe would have made things better because it'll make players more comfortable I'm sure things will be dealt with in training

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Putting him in the EL would be best for everyone, including the club.

Guendouzi went from a highly rated young player to someone people didn’t want to touch.

A loan with an option to buy for 25-30M has surely got to tempt a few French sides?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Pepe will play in europa now he banned 3 games in league so only chance he got now is europa he'll start i don't think mikel will froze him out because our wide option are limited and can't risk saka

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

These are different accidents the Luiz red card was part of the game the pepe was not it was off the ball and was unnecessary. Even Nektiah red card was dangerous tackle but mikel defend it.
I don't think Arteta comes with this same energy with the KIA boys I really don't.

His inconsistencies with discipline annoy me from afar, so he will eventually come unstuck with the players if he keeps this up. Özil, Guendouzi, Pepe all finished now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom