• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Can Arsenal apply for one of those shiny government loans which Sp**s got?

If Sp**s get £150m from the government to spend on transfers so should we.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
We don’t do business in Jan because you have to pay big.

Even our summer business is limited unless we get CL or make sales.
Would we still have to pay big with corona affecting the economy? Personally, I think this is the best time to take advantage of weaker clubs.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Rather than trying to sign two unproven young players for 80m, you should spend 80m on one top player that can lift the team up. One big signing can transform a team. I think Grealish would have been perfect signing for Arsenal.

343 or 352

Grealish - Aubameyang - Willian
Saka Elneny/Xhaka - Partey Bellerin
Tierney Gabriel Luiz
Leno

or
Aubameyang
Saka Grealish Willian
Elneny/Xhaka - Partey
Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin
Leno​

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Rather than trying to sign two unproven young players for 80m, you should spend 80m on one top player that can lift the team up. One big signing can transform a team. I think Grealish would have been perfect signing for Arsenal.

343 or 352

Grealish - Aubameyang - Willian
Saka Elneny/Xhaka - Partey Bellerin
Tierney Gabriel Luiz
Leno

or
Aubameyang
Saka Grealish Willian
Elneny/Xhaka - Partey
Tierney Gabriel Luiz Bellerin
Leno​

Right from the United textbook on how NOT to do transfers this post.

Who on earth would rather spend £80M on one player (Except United fans) over improving the team across multiple areas.

£80M would get us Dom Szob, Aouar and a decent youngster with potential AND we'd probably have a bit of change left as well.

Grealish is obviously fantastic, but it isn't the smart signing here.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Who on earth would rather spend £80M on one player (Except United fans) over improving the team across multiple areas.

£80M would get us Dom Szob, Aouar and a decent youngster with potential AND we'd probably have a bit of change left as well.

In my opinion is not about quantity but quality. I think Grealish will boost your team on current level better than Dom Szob & Aouar together.

As United fans, I have learnt this before how we chose to spend the money on Lindelof & Matic in 2017 instead of on Van Dijk alone and put the DM on hold.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In my opinion is not about quantity but quality. I think Grealish will boost your team on current level better than Dom Szob & Aouar together.

As United fans, I have learnt this before how we chose to spend the money on Lindelof & Matic in 2017 instead of on Van Dijk alone and put the DM on hold.

Its about quality but you can get the same or better quality for the money sometimes.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Its about quality but you can get the same or better quality for the money sometimes.

Grealish is currently the 2nd best in term of creating quality chance. His xA (expected assist) is 3.69 and he still managed to produce 5 assists. He’s more quality, more proven & more a leader than the other two. I feel Bruno’s vibes in him and he can transform your team.

CyeXz8x.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Grealish is currently the 2nd best in term of creating quality chance. His xA (expected assist) is 3.69 and he still managed to produce 5 assists. He’s more quality, more proven & more a leader than the other two who are still raw. I feel Bruno’s vibes in him and he can transform your team.

CyeXz8x.jpg

I agree, but its unrealistic to spend another £80-100M on an attacker after Pepe failed so badly.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I agree, but its unrealistic to spend another £80-100M on an attacker after Pepe failed so badly.

Well, I was making a point that if you are going to sign 2 young unproven players in total of 80m, you might should just use it on one top quality proven player instead.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well, I was making a point that if you are going to sign 2 young improve players in total of 80m, you might should just use it on one top quality proven player instead.

I see your point but we need 3 or 4 holes plugged in this winter window and next summers window. Two midfielders to sit with Partey, a RCB and potentially another attacker.

It would cost £100M to get Grealish out of Villa, its not viable. In my personal opinion I'd much rather drop £25M on Szob, £45M on Aouar and £30M on a quality attacker.

But I do see what you're saying and I think Grealish is quality.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
I see your point but we need 3 or 4 holes plugged in this winter window and next summers window. Two midfielders to sit with Partey, a RCB and potentially another attacker.

It would cost £100M to get Grealish out of Villa, its not viable. In my personal opinion I'd much rather drop £25M on Szob, £45M on Aouar and £30M on a quality attacker.

But I do see what you're saying and I think Grealish is quality.

Rebuilding project should take years. You can’t expect to sign everybody in 1 year. You want to identify what the team needs right now and make sure that player also meets the standard for the rebuilding project.

Grealish is a perfect signing in my opinion for what you really need currently. Creative, more proven & has leadership mentality. Perfect player to build the team around with potential as future captain and can get the best out of Aubameyang.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

Eh, I’d take Grealish for 80 million for sure.

Pepe + 10 mil should do it.... right?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This club's idea of squad building is very interesting.

We'll definitely need a CB next summer tho, Holding surely isn't seen as a starter and Luiz will be gone.

Not sure if it's the number 1 priority but it'll need to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom