• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
lol the people piping up now like @Makingtrax and others certainly didn't turn on Wenger.

I wanted him to go myself but I definitely regret it now.
Makingtrax wanted him gone for his own reasons like everybody who wanted him gone did. You either wanted him to stay or to go. All the rest is fluff.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Makingtrax wanted him gone for his own reasons like everybody who wanted him gone did. You either wanted him to stay or to go. All the rest is fluff.
Doesn't matter now anyways like said above, this is our lot now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You are such a good poster, when you aren't being driven insane by transfer season :lol:
I'm glad you decided to stick around after the summer transfer window. You talk a lot of sense.

Or other posters :lol: I appreciate it fellas!

Its true though, people need to look over at Man United and NOT want to replicate that. Since Fergie left in 2013 United have gone through 4 managers and spent 1 billion and 84 million pounds yet their league finishes wouldn't correlate with that spend. 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd, 6th, 3rd. So incredibly inconsistent and no real structure or rebuild, just a lot of money thrown at different managers and different players. 7 years, over a billion spent, no title and no regular CL football.

Now look at us. Since Wenger left we've spent around £300M, we are now on our second manager and league finishes have been 5th and 8th. £300M spent on footballers in 2 and a half seasons, already two managers in and people are calling for that second managers head already.

We are on the path to replicating United in terms of spend AND managerial changers and that cannot happen.

Its pretty clear Arteta could be great, what do we want as a football club? Do we want to chop and change managers every few years? Spending and wasting stupid money. Or do we want a proper rebuild where this manager grows into something special? I think a lot of people's anger and negativity is driven by the need for instant success.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Arteta is worrying me, and I don’t say this lightly as one of his earliest fans. I thought he’d be Wenger II, but he’s far too intense, and too rigid in his approach to man management.

When Adams and Merson were chanting ‘we want our Mars bars’ from the back of the bus, Wenger had a rye smile and they loved him for it. Arteta would have stopped the bus and made them walk home.

His comments about Pepe after the game weren’t very clever either. Sure he was a ****ing idiot but this is a player Arteta has had in and out of the team regardless of the standard of his performances. He’s extremely low on confidence and clearly frustrated at how things are going on the pitch (which Arteta hasn’t helped with the way he has handled him) and then Arteta publicly throws him under the bus.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
His comments about Pepe after the game weren’t very clever either. Sure he was a ****ing idiot but this is a player Arteta has had in and out of the team regardless of the standard of his performances. He’s extremely low on confidence and clearly frustrated at how things are going on the pitch (which Arteta hasn’t helped with the way he has handled him) and then Arteta publicly throws him under the bus.
Can't say Arteta throwing Pepe under the bus is a bad idea. Arteta is a manager who doesn't usually do that. But there are some players who need a kick in the butt like this to wake up. Pretty sure Arteta has already tried everything possible to get something out of Pepe.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arteta should be learning in his first role at a smaller club, let him go coach Celta Vigo or something. Arsenal isn't a club for an amateur manager when we're trying to get back into the CL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta should be learning in his first role at a smaller club, let him go coach Celta Vigo or something. Arsenal isn't a club for an amateur manager when we're trying to get back into the CL.

Nah, Real Sociedad would have been the one...

Mikel-Arteta-sociedad-5.png

...have him bring in Nihat as his assistant and we are eating good at the San Sebastian!

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Didn't he do exactly that at United :lol:

Arteta is what this squad has needed for so many years. A no nonsense approach, players can no longer feel comfortable at Arsenal.
I don’t feel like wasting millions of pounds because of a managers whims, only to end up 10th in the league, is what we have needed all these years.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I do not get everyone ****ting themselves over Arteta at the first sign of not everything running smoothly. Give it a rest and accept that this tough period was bound to come with a young and inexperienced manager. Let him manage through it.

Zaza

Dude is definitely a poor man manager. Won't judge him until we get creative midfielders and replace that bum Lacazette.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Didn't he do exactly that at United :lol:

Arteta is what this squad has needed for so many years. A no nonsense approach, players can no longer feel comfortable at Arsenal.
I think he's tactically astute and does have his strengths.

I wouldn't say man management is his strong suit though. An authoritarian was probably needed I agree, but it means nothing if its inconsistent or just weird.

He is lucky he has the key senior players like Auba, Xhaka, Laca and Luiz etc on side but if he keeps this stuff up, doesn't look good I'm afraid. As much as people slag them off, they are the main people keeping Arteta in the job right now ironically.

I don't care which manager you are, you lose the dressing room you're done and these players have gotten rid of much better managers,

Pyres7

It's amazing how we can barely string 3 passes together. Everyone standing like statues waiting for the ball to feet. Before I was blaming it on the formation because we were getting outnumbered in the middle, but if we still can't control the midfield in a 4-3-3 something is seriously wrong.

He needs to turn it around quickly. The players' body language doesn't look good. He really is lucky the fans aren't there, the atmosphere would be toxic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who gives a **** if he upsets these players? This lot have embarrassed the club on a weekly basis for years now under 4 different managers ffs.
Other than Bellerin and Xhaka, most are new. Gabriel, Leno, Tierney, Dani, Partey, Willian, Pepe, Auba, Saka etc. The core of our starting team didn’t even play under Wenger, and barely under Emery.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom