• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leeds United v Arsenal | November 22 | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Risk taking is nice to talk about and all, but have you seen our passing lately? It’s been pretty bad, all over the pitch. How do you go from struggling to get 3 passes together to taking more risks and having confidence in your passing not to make the same mistakes you’re already making?

Like I said, the players are under strict, rigid instructions. If Ceballos or even Granit were allowed to be more experimental in their passing, we'd open up a few more doors. But atm the instruction is not to give it away if we can't find an opening from our typical LW assault.

It's perfect for bigger games where we're the underdog. It prioritises safety first and we won't do anything daft and get caught out. But against teams where we're superior, we need to.. I'm gonna say it... remove the hand break. Someone like Willock for example will always struggle with strict instruction, his strength is his movement off the ball. If he can only drift 5 yards here and there we'll never see the best of him.

Manberg

Predator
Like I said, the players are under strict, rigid instructions. If Ceballos or even Granit were allowed to be more experimental in their passing, we'd open up a few more doors. But atm the instruction is not to give it away if we can't find an opening from our typical LW assault.

It's perfect for bigger games where we're the underdog. It prioritises safety first and we won't do anything daft and get caught out. But against teams where we're superior, we need to.. I'm gonna say it... remove the hand break. Someone like Willock for example will always struggle with strict instruction, his strength is his movement off the ball. If he can only drift 5 yards here and there we'll never see the best of him.

Is this based on the myth that Arteta instructs all his players on who to pass to and where at all times?

I find it hard to believe. There are disciplined and rigid general instructions but they’re not micromanaged to that level. No one can play like that.

MikeVinna

Established Member
So just checked the highlights. Aren’t all handballs penalty’s regardless of player intent or lack thereof?

Also how the hell did Saka not finish that ball from Hector.

On the flipside they had plenty of shots that could’ve or should’ve gone in..

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Is this based on the myth that Arteta instructs all his players on who to pass to and where at all times?

I find it hard to believe. There are disciplined and rigid general instructions but they’re not micromanaged to that level. No one can play like that.

Explain how it's a myth then lad...

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
So just checked the highlights. Aren’t all handballs penalty’s regardless of player intent or lack thereof?

I thought the same thing! This whole VAR is BS and the problem is every game the "rule" changes, it's solely based on the ref and luck it seems as it didn't go our way this time.

Pyres7

I think it wasn't given because it deflected off him leg first and then onto his arm. I'm not sure what the rules say about that.

Saka really needs to work on his finishing, should have had a couple of goals for England too last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom