• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
liked the way the team setup and played yesterday. Gabriel and Holding were combining well.

Ceballos and Willock didnt know what to do in a midfield 3 , which is understandable, but otherwise we were feeling our way back into the game and Pepe and Auba were at least looking like scoring. Willian has gas for 15 minutes and may be better to use as impact sub. Saka and Nelson impressed with their ability to carry the ball up the pitch with speed.

All in all, it seems like the worst is over. Onwards and upwards. Request to the dramatic troupe in the fanbase to tone it down and focus on the football.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
liked the way the team setup and played yesterday. Gabriel and Holding were combining well.

Ceballos and Willock didnt know what to do in a midfield 3 , which is understandable, but otherwise we were feeling our way back into the game and Pepe and Auba were at least looking like scoring. Willian has gas for 15 minutes and may be better to use as impact sub. Saka and Nelson impressed with their ability to carry the ball up the pitch with speed.

All in all, it seems like the worst is over. Onwards and upwards. Request to the dramatic troupe in the fanbase to tone it down and focus on the football.
I think there starting positions should have been reversed with Willock playing deeper than Ceballos. Which brings up a problem that this team has had over the past couple of years: poor movement. Our movement overall has been so poor. There's no interchanging, not much runs off the ball. Its so predictable. Our players are playing like they're scared.

vantoure

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think there starting positions should have been reversed with Willock playing deeper than Ceballos. Which brings up a problem that this team has had over the past couple of years: poor movement. Our movement overall has been so poor. There's no interchanging, not much runs off the ball. Its so predictable. Our players are playing like they're scared.

you cant have a midfield which cannot run and flow upfield if needed. Xhaka, Ceballos both dont fit a top midfield. At the most you can play one. Partey / Elneny / Willock / AMN / Saka / Willian should be the options for midfield 3 ...and Xhaka / Ceballos used only when we need to sit and play out the game / defend for our lives. Both are too slow to pick a pass.

If we play 4-3-3 then it will take 10-15 games for the midfield to become like a unified automatic machine ... Liverpool did it with milner, henderson, wijnaldum ... who just could run and work together without being exceptional and they made it work. You need a stable system and hardworking or talented players..

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who gives a **** what you see? Nobody, that's who. Quit trying to conduct the thread you weirdo.

akhil

Another couple of weeks like this in the league, with games coming in non-stop he'll lose the squad if they spend the whole game chasing the ball. He's coaching a bunch of grown men, he can't control every f*cking touch from the sideline.

We may look very similar to last year in terms of results for remaining fixtures this year.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Getting really nitpicky with Arteta's reaction to the Pepe red card.

If you head butt someone the manager should call you out. It's letting the team down in the silliest possible way. I don't care who the manager or the offender is.

It's nothing like comparable to a poorly timed red card tackle, or picking up 2 yellow cards. Tackling is a fundamental part of football, sometimes it goes wrong, head butting someone is not.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Midfield is where our problem lies. Hopefully it will be better when Partey and Elneny returns. Who would have thought we'd be depending on Elneny. Lol

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Getting really nitpicky with the Arteta reaction to the Pepe red card.

If you head butt someone the manager should call you out. It's letting the team down in the silliest possible way way. I don't care who the offender is.

It nothing like comparable to a poorly timed tackle red card, or picking up 2 yellow cards. Trying to tackle someone albeit poorly and getting sent off is nothing like a petulant head butt.
Has he said anything other than 'it's unacceptable'? Im seeing people say he threw him under the bus but if that's all he said then it's anything but.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Another couple of weeks like this in the league, with games coming in non-stop he'll lose the squad if they spend the whole game chasing the ball. He's coaching a bunch of grown men, he can't control every f*cking touch from the sideline.

We may look very similar to last year in terms of results for remaining fixtures this year.
What if its a case where we'd be more terrible if he wasn't telling the players where to go? Ive been hearing him having to tell players to move because they're just standing there ball watching. Yes they're grown men but some of them aren't really up to standard.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Thank you. I can’t believe people can’t see that. These guys were chasing shadows vs a team just promoted and you can see they are frustrated as hell. He is a control freak and treating them like children. He is also too smart for his own good think he can dictate a football match from the side. That’s soo arrogant. Loss vs wolves and Sp**s and you will hear some really bad leaks

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Has he said anything other than 'it's unacceptable'? Im seeing people say he threw him under the bus but if that's all he said then it's anything but.

That's all I've seen too.

The manager saying it is unacceptable for a player to get sent off for such petulant behaviour shouldn't be controversial in the slightest.

It's agenda driven as far as I can see.

Why this possesion play, tiki-taka! Only thing we do is playing the ball backwards or sideways, need to drop that and play more direct!

Also drop Holding ffs! This guy is not a pl player, why did Arteta not even consider Saliba but insits to play Holding who is even more dangerous defending then Luiz..

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Why this possesion play, tiki-taka! Only thing we do is playing the ball backwards or sideways, need to drop that and play more direct!

Also drop Holding ffs! This guy is not a pl player, why did Arteta not even consider Saliba but insits to play Holding who is even more dangerous defending then Luiz..
I wish it was tiki taka ffs.

This is merely two passes then lose it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He said something like "I was happy with the team's attitude after Nico let us down" bear in mind Pepe wasn't the subject of the question he was asked so mate...

Reactions: JCB

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He said something like "I was happy with the team's attitude after Nico let us down" bear in mind Pepe wasn't the subject of the question he was asked so mate...
Lad, I need a quote verbatim. If I'm going throw Mikel under a bus, it's needed.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lad, I need a quote verbatim. If I'm going throw Mikel under a bus, it's needed.
From the Pepe thread:

"I really liked the personality of the team when Pepe let us down" this wasn't even about Pepe and he brought him up. That's really, really poor taste imo. Even worse as it's in response to question about our piss-poor attack. He's moving like we were peppering their goal beforehand. Jokeman.:lol:

Here are the interviews.

Top Bottom