• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dominik Szoboszlai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

Money, investment and communism. Clubs were swimming in debt and run badly, government cut budgets on sport which had a knock on effect and a lot of infrastructure is just out dated and poor.

The domestic league cant compete with the European leagues and any half decent talent coming through will jump to another league often to early and end up on the bench at other clubs.

It also doesnt help that some clubs just have vile fans, you know the types, the ones that plague a lot of Eastern European clubs and players coming up dont want to deal with it anymore.

Similar issues hit Poland, Romania, Czech etc.

Also, dont want to be the downer BUT Szoboszlai; he is 19, hes good and has very exciting potential but this thread, especially in the last two weeks with our qualification has gone a bit crazy with his hype, again the potential is there but some of the talk is like he is peak De Bruyne level, need to calm down a little he is still developing and his next club is very important for this.

A lot of communist countries produced great football teams though. Bulgaria, Romania, and Czech had great teams in the 90's, all product of the communist sports training youth system. Poland in the 80's. Czechoslovakia won the Euros in 1976. The best were probably Yugoslavia though, which would have won cups in the 90's if the country didn't dissolve. Steaua Bukarest won the CL in 1986, Red Star Belgrade in 1991. Kinda weird how Hungary suddenly seemed to have lost their football tradition. Did their regime just care less about sports than the other communist regimes?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
A lot of communist countries produced great football teams though. Bulgaria, Romania, and Czech had great teams in the 90's, all product of the communist sports training youth system. Poland in the 80's. Czechoslovakia won the Euros in 1976. The best were probably Yugoslavia though, which would have won cups in the 90's if the country didn't dissolve. Steaua Bukarest won the CL in 1986, Red Star Belgrade in 1991. Kinda weird how Hungary suddenly seemed to have lost their football tradition. Did their regime just care less about sports than the other communist regimes?

But thats the point, look at them countries now, the 90's was over 20yrs ago.

Hungary didnt suddenly lose their touch, its was a slow decline which started in the 50's and then the second wave came in the 80's.

Money then became a huge factor in sport in the 90's onwards.

A lot of countries did produce good national teams but thats part of the issue, football has evolved and these training programs didnt adapt due to lack of funding and eventually get left behind, its not overnight its a slow death.

Also, nations these days are made up of a lot of diversity and gene pools, look at France, there is multiple dual nationalities in the ranks, not many South Americans or people from Africa etc are settling down in Hungary or much of Eastern Europe at all, even the home population spread out or leave for better living.

Basically to sum it all up there is multiple reasons why Hungary has dropped off in football and like most things money is key, international football isnt much different from club football where the richer will move away from the poorer in terms of competing.

I truly believe if America put all its eggs in the 'soccer' basket they would eventually win the world cup, the progress the MLS is making (still ****) in such short timeframes is also pretty impressive, if the league keeps getting money pumped into it and developing I wouldnt be surprised if you start to see the idea being floated that MLS clubs participate in the UEFA competitions as money rules everything :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we have money in January to buy him why didnt we have money in September to buy him?

If we needed a creative player so badly and hes 20m why wasnt this done then and not maybe now when it's too ****ing late to get top 4.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If we have money in January to buy him why didnt we have money in September to buy him?

If we needed a creative player so badly and hes 20m why wasnt this done then and not maybe now when it's too ****ing late to get top 4.
Name a year since Vieira left where we weren't at least 1 player short. Sadly this is the club's M.O.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Is he a creative player or some tall dude with great shots? I don’t see his videos show great passing or vision

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Exactly. Would be a terrible terrible purchase imo.
His age 19 gives a lot of our fans hard on. We love super young players who are not ready and dream about how they will develop under us. I just see a guy who is physically very developed bullying Austrian farmers. But he looks slow, not a dribble or much of creator

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would it be accurate to compare him to Havertz? If he’s anywhere in that ballpark, talent wise, then this would be a steal.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Would it be accurate to compare him to Havertz? If he’s anywhere in that ballpark, talent wise, then this would be a steal.
absolutely not. Kai is rapid and has done it in a far far higher level. Left footed sigurdson

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His age 19 gives a lot of our fans hard on. We love super young players who are not ready and dream about how they will develop under us. I just see a guy who is physically very developed bullying Austrian farmers. But he looks slow, not a dribble or much of creator
:lol:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So is this hype and agent talk about various European teams being after him? Also when I see him, he seems to be quite good with his weaker foot too. I guess 20m for a kid is rolling the dice in today’s market. I’ll be watching how this unfolds with interest.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So is this hype and agent talk about various European teams being after him? Also when I see him, he seems to be quite good with his weaker foot too. I guess 20m for a kid is rolling the dice in today’s market. I’ll be watching how this unfolds with interest.
20 million is not rolling the dice for us. It’s a serious investment and should be on ready made player

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That’s today’s market, I guess, and Saliba is proof of that. Granted Saliba had much more league experience in a tougher league.
Interesting read here (sorry if it’s already posted!)https://www.eurosport.com/football/...er-all-of-europe-wants_sto7992627/story.shtml.
again there is no doubt he is a fantastic shooter, but there is a reason thats all people show. If we want young players who are gonna be huge. Look at neto for Wolves. Thats a super talent who can bring creativity to us

Bloodbather

Established Member

again there is no doubt he is a fantastic shooter, but there is a reason thats all people show. If we want young players who are gonna be huge. Look at neto for Wolves. Thats a super talent who can bring creativity to us

He's very good at picking out long passes and sending in crosses, also. Definitely not some shifty playmaker, but he brings multiple valuable assets to an attack while having a physique that could see him develop into a well-rounded midfielder.

I'd say he'd do pretty well in that mezzala role KDB plays for City in a 4-3-3. Wouldn't be the creative hub KDB is, but he could potentially cover everything else KDB does for that team - shooting, set pieces, long passes, crosses, contributing to the press and so on.

He'd be a very good signing, but it would make sense to combine him with a shifty playmaker like Aouar. Not that I think it's likely that we could get both Szoboszlai and Aouar, but still.

Zaza

Is he a creative player or some tall dude with great shots? I don’t see his videos show great passing or vision
Gives me Hakan Calhanoglu vibes. We should add a few millions and go for Sabitzer instead

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Gives me Hakan Calhanoglu vibes. We should add a few millions and go for Sabitzer instead
Now this I can get behind. Really talented player who would be ready. Not a young project with potential who will be told he is just 20. Be patient

Goonger

So you compliment him but then call him the left footed Sigurdsson?? What am I missing here... terrible comparison.

He's definitely at it. Im assuming he's calling Szoboszlai the left footed Sigurdsson. If he thinks he's left footed, slow & can't dribble then he's watching the wrong player, because he's not any of them. He's right footed for a start, the reviews of him all say he's adept at dribbling & getting out of tight situations, & the YouTube videos like Scoutnation list acceleration as 1 of his qualities. If you are going to criticise a player at least he should get the details right eh?

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's definitely at it. Im assuming he's calling Szoboszlai the left footed Sigurdsson. If he thinks he's left footed, slow & can't dribble then he's watching the wrong player, because he's not any of them. He's right footed for a start, the reviews of him, & many of his scouting YouTube videos all list 1 of his qualities as dribbling, & he's just being lazy calling him slow. If you are going to criticise a player at least he should get the details right eh?
I thought that then assumed he was talking about Havertz being the left footed Sigurdsson :lol: strange posting regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom