• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Yet you label internet comments as 'abuse' as in bad

Your hypocrisy is just hilarious at this point

Abuse is bad. People are not bad. Learn the difference!

People are capable of doing bad things and they need to learn not to. But it doesn't make them bad people!
Prison is an ancient institution that has no place in modern society.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

People are capable of doing bad things and they need to learn not to. But it doesn't make them bad people!
Like I said before, you won't get it

DasBootist

What's your solution, a rehabilitation course for murderers, repeat offenders? Josef Fritzl is a decent chap in your opinion, just made one or two little mistakes ruining a couple of peoples lives in the process. Barry Bennell and Jimmy Saville were gentlemen etc etc etc

Get your head out of your arse with that antiquated mindset.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Adam Johnson getting 6 years in prison is very harsh indeed.
When I said online abusers should be punished I did not clarify the punishment intended. A simple suspension from social media as well as education tools sent to users for the purpose of educating them that abuse is wrong should do the job. I never said they should be sent to prison. I disagree with the prison system entirely.
The lengths people go to defend their favourite footballers. Stan culture is the worst. First of all, no amount of
time in jail is ever too harsh for a n*nce. Doesn't matter if he didn't sleep with her or not, the intent was there and he is a danger to the most vulnerable and impressionable members of society. Come on man, fix up.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He made a mistake just like anyone else is capable of making. No one deserves to be locked up for making a mistake. Much less have their reputation tarnished.
Yeah buddy, I think you need to take some time off here and reevaluate your life. Stepping on a piece of Lego is a mistake. Attempting to sleep with an underaged person is a serious criminal offence and a very calculated and evil thing to do. You can even kill a person by mistake but you can never ever sleep with a child by mistake. It's abhorrent stuff. And fyi, maybe you're a really really forgiving person but please be careful with thing a like this. Trivializing sexual abuse as nothing more as a mistake is incredibly insensitive to the victims. It destroys families and some kids never recover from this and live with a lifetime of hurt that can never be fixed. My advice to you would be stick to talking about football. This is an area you're not mature enough to speak about.

Manberg

Predator
What's your solution, a rehabilitation course for murderers, repeat offenders? Josef Fritzl is a decent chap in your opinion, just made one or two little mistakes ruining a couple of peoples lives in the process. Barry Bennell and Jimmy Saville were gentlemen etc etc etc

Get your head out of your arse with that antiquated mindset.

Rehabilitation or reeducation... however you want to call it. That's the answer. A proper support system needs to be in place, on an individual level to suit the person's needs. Not prison.

Manberg

Predator
The lengths people go to defend their favourite footballers. Stan culture is the worst. First of all, no amount of
time in jail is ever too harsh for a n*nce.
Doesn't matter if he didn't sleep with her or not, the intent was there and he is a danger to the most vulnerable and impressionable members of society. Come on man, fix up.

That right there is a problem you and many others have. He made a mistake of grooming and possibly sleeping with someone a year below the age of consent and you call him a n*nce. All his hard work as a footballer is over, his reputation is now a serial n*ncer.

It's such a damaging mind set to have, and I'm sorry you can't see the wrong in it.

I don't believe anyone in the world is deserving of such bad names, including Jimmy Savile. They are only fellow human beings who have been impressioned into making bad decisions, however varied and quantifiable those bad decisions are.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
When I said online abusers should be punished I did not clarify the punishment intended. A simple suspension from social media as well as education tools sent to users for the purpose of educating them that abuse is wrong should do the job. I never said they should be sent to prison. I disagree with the prison system entirely.
Just like abuse on social media should result in suspension of the person from social media, abuse of real people (especially children) should result in suspension of the person from society which is exactly what prison is. Pretty sure you don't have kids and you have absolutely zero empathy for parents.

Manberg

Predator
Just like abuse on social media should result in suspension of the person from social media, abuse of real people (especially children) should result in suspension of the person from society which is exactly what prison is. Pretty sure you don't have kids and you have absolutely zero empathy for parents.

Prison involves locking people up to supposedly keep us safe from them. The very idea in that is severely flawed in itself. It's archaic. It's wicked. It's wrong.

DasBootist

People on the wrong side of sexual/mental/physical abuse have to live with that for the remainder of their lives. They would take solace from your views on rehabilitating perpetrators as opposed to locking them up, away from the public where they might harm again @Manberg

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Prison involves locking people up to supposedly keep us safe from them. The very idea in that is severely flawed in itself. It's archaic. It's wicked. It's wrong.
Keeping children safe is wrong? :lol:
You must hate children and absolutely adore, admire, love and respect child rapists. Why don't you invite one of the serial killers to your home, live with them and rehabilitate them? As usual it's just preaching others?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah buddy, I think you need to take some time off here and reevaluate your life. Stepping on a piece of Lego is a mistake. Attempting to sleep with an underaged person is a serious criminal offence and a very calculated and evil thing to do. You can even kill a person by mistake but you can never ever sleep with a child by mistake. It's abhorrent stuff. And fyi, maybe you're a really really forgiving person but please be careful with thing a like this. Trivializing sexual abuse as nothing more as a mistake is incredibly insensitive to the victims. It destroys families and some kids never recover from this and live with a lifetime of hurt that can never be fixed. My advice to you would be stick to talking about football. This is an area you're not mature enough to speak about.
And most of these criminals are repeat offenders. How it can be classified as 'mistake', I would never know. Anyway, let's not derail the thread. Not going to indulge in this conversation anymore.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Yet locking people away from social media just because someone perceives their words to be bad, that doesn’t seem flawed at all to you:lol:

roz

Fake News Merchant
You’re entitled to your opinion, however do you really think some cretins aren’t just going to make new accounts and do it again? The taxpayer shouldn’t have to pay for educating ****** to not be ****s online.

Furthermore abuse is in the workplace happens almost everywhere constantly. If you’d ever been to the 24 hour Mcdonalds on Holloway road you’ll see far nastier stuff the staff have to endure whilst collecting a 0.01% of the wage Xhaka gets. Do you see them crying? No.

Xhaka is pathetic to try and justify his actions by blaming others. Doubt he was even that bothered by the abuse tbh, just using it as an excuse.

Manberg

Predator
You’re entitled to your opinion, however do you really think some cretins aren’t just going to make new accounts and do it again? The taxpayer shouldn’t have to pay for educating ****** to not be ****s online.

Furthermore abuse is in the workplace happens almost everywhere constantly. If you’d ever been to the 24 hour Mcdonalds on Holloway road you’ll see far nastier stuff the staff have to endure whilst collecting a 0.01% of the wage Xhaka gets. Do you see them crying? No.

Xhaka is pathetic to try and justify his actions by blaming others. Doubt he was even that bothered by the abuse tbh, just using it as an excuse.

You sound like one of those who excuses racists by saying every country has racists. Racism has to be stopped, whether it's one person who is guilty of it or 1 million. But at the same time, so must all other forms of abuse. Racism is not the only form of abuse. We are making great efforts in the fight against racial discrimination in society in recent times and I am a supporter of that. But one form of abuse should not be favoured over others. Every form of abuse needs equal attention. They are all bad. We must reeducate everyone to learn the wrongs of being abusive.

Locking them up's not the answer. As a matter of fact I disagree with a permanent ban on attending football matches for those accused of racism. Reeducation is the answer. It would be a cost to the taxpayer but it would benefit society greatly.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think a 3 yr jail sentence was okay'ish punishment for breaking the rules. However, after serving it, he should be not punished further and have same rights and privileges as any other person.

Xhaka showed the booing fans the middle finger...and he was right to do so. He didnt give the online abuse as an excuse, but pointed out how the abuse culture has become worth hating and calling out.

If a mcdonalds staff showed a lout yelling abuse the middle finger, i'm on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom