• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Russell

Yup, there is no movement ahead of the ball and the gaps are way too big.

the club CHOSE this way of playing.. to not play through the middle.. to play with 7man defense.. this IS the new style

I think the pro Xhaka lot should have their own thread, where they can debate their vastly differing opinions on why he’s rubbish... How intriguing! :rofl:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
the club CHOSE this way of playing.. to not play through the middle.. to play with 7man defense.. this IS the new style

:lol: so lost. Xhaka has been the same slow (both in thought and in movement), limited, coward of a midfielder under all of Wenger, Emery, and now Arteta. This has nothing to do with “how we play now” it’s just that clearly you’re just now only seeing the light of which he’s a nothing player.

Thankfully though Arteta (or Edu) quickly realized he needs shot of as Partey has been brought in, but Xhaka has been playing cowardly sideways and backward passing his whole Arsenal career.

I must say though watching Moutinho outwit him to the point Xhaka kept needing to “buy” fouls in the form of throwing himself down was hilarious in one of the “If you don’t laugh you cry” type of joy.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
:lol: so lost. Xhaka has been the same slow (both in thought and in movement), limited, coward of a midfielder under all of Wenger, Emery, and now Arteta. This has nothing to do with “how we play now” it’s just that clearly you’re just now only seeing the light of which he’s a nothing player.

Thankfully though Arteta (or Edu) quickly realized he needs shot of as Partey has been brought in, but Xhaka has been playing cowardly sideways and backward passing his whole Arsenal career.

I must say though watching Moutinho outwit him to the point Xhaka kept needing to “buy” fouls in the form of throwing himself down was hilarious in one of the “If you don’t laugh you cry” type of joy.
give it a rest. cowards are those who in the anonymity of a mob or an internet forum, let their inner hateful selves gush forth.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think it's in everyone's best interest if Xhaka moves on in the summer.

I honestly dread seeing him on the team sheet these days. A lot of his issues aren't really his fault, at least the physical aspect. He can't help being slow and immobile.

At the same time he also hides a lot on the pitch and dallies on the ball to an unacceptable degree and is disposed so often it's unbelievable. As soon as an opposition player comes within 2 yards of him he's on the floor looking to con a free kick from the referee .

He is quite a cowardly sort of player these days but maybe that's down to confidence more than anything, I don't know. I just know I don't want to see him play for us anymore.

Last edited:

Jack Russell

I honestly dread seeing him on the team sheet these days. A lot of his issues aren't really his fault, at least the physical aspect. He can't help being slow and immobile.

At the same time he also hides a lot on the pitch and dallies on the ball to an unacceptable degree and is disposed so often it's unbelievable. As soon as an opposition player comes within 2 yards of him he's on the floor looking to con a free kick from the referee .

He is quite a cowardly sort of player these days but maybe that's down to confidence more than anything, I don't know.
I remember @Dokaka saying he wasn't just a 'static turret' when we were linked with him, and that he was a bit more than that. From what I saw of him, I concluded that we absolutely did not need that type of midfielder, but the obsession on AM at the time was the DLP... Never saw anything I liked at any point and maintained the same stance all along. He offered zero and dragged us back. Wenger would probably still be here if he hadn't signed him.

edit: he started a bit more spritely and ballsey, but as he gradually realised he was being sussed out in the more competitive league, so started taking the easy route and reinvented himself as a shouty pointy rubber door stop.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I remember @Dokaka saying he wasn't just a 'static turret' when we were linked with him, and that he was a bit more than that. From what I saw of him, I concluded that we absolutely did not need that type of midfielder, but the obsession on AM at the time was the DLP... Never saw anything I liked at any point and maintained the same stance all along. He offered zero and dragged us back. Wenger would probably still be here if he hadn't signed him.

edit: he started a bit more spritely and ballsey, but as he gradually realised he was being sussed out in the more competitive league, so started taking the easy route and reinvented himself as a shouty pointy rubber door stop.
Almost eerie, I've never seen you and @Jury on here at the same time.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

When you factor in the amount of money we payed for him he surely has to go down as one of the worst signings of Wengers tenure.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

He is quite a cowardly sort of player these days but maybe that's down to confidence more than anything, I don't know. I just know I don't want to see him play for us anymore.
You mean January right?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

We've broken him I feel.

The reason why Xhaka hardly puts a foot "wrong" in certain games is because he never tries to do anything right.

He's the most risk averse midfielder we've had at the club in years. Xhaka literally makes himself unavailable on the pitch. When he is on the ball 95% of the time he plays it safe, the other 5% he pings the ball long. He only makes a pass that he thinks won't backfire on him.

It's not even about the lack of progressive passing at this point, Xhaka seems afraid to pass in any direction these days.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

mgdUMxs.png

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I’ve never been a fan of Xhaka I can’t even lie. Makes me smile a bit seeing him get buried, I’ve been slagged off in here typing out my two pence about him in the past.

He’s not as bad as people would have you believe though, I have to admit.

This version of Xhaka we now see is the consequence of all the mistakes and trauma he’s experienced during his time at the club. Plays it super safe now and is allergic to forward passing. Reckon it’s his last season here anyways. To be fair to him, his job before was passing it to Özil or something, he doesn’t have that anymore.

David_Smith

Sorry to disappoint @Jack Russell , my stance on Xhaka's not going to change, even if simply for the reason that nobody else will defend him.

I will try to be more positive about nearly everything , as @David Smith often was. P.S: Never a brexit supporter :rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom