• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wasn't this the season that Klopp first finished in the top 4 as well? Yes it was. Imagine if we had pulled our finger out that summer and finished in the top 4. Then Liverpool have no Champions League money (they went all the way to the final) and their faith in Klopp starts to waiver. They don't rebuild their reputation. They probably don't buy Van Dijk or Fabinho or Allison without CL football and the money associated with it.

We're in the Champions League so maybe we end up buying a good player. Liverpool played Porto, Man City and Roma on their way to the final. We probably could have won those games.

Wenger most likely stays if we do fluke the CL that year. At the very least we aren't burdened with Thursday night football so perhaps our league form improves. If we win the CL or stay in the top four in 2017-18 season then Wenger likely stays on or leaves on a high. He might even get to choose his successor because he'd have the clout to do so. This means no Gazidis screwing things up by putting in his failed structure or hiring Emery.

I haven't even mentioned all the games that probably go differently if the two chuckle ****s (Mustafi and Xhaka) aren't around to screw them up. The Carling Cup final immediately comes to mind.

That summer might have ruined this club more than the 2016 summer did.

God football is becoming like The Wire where Herc asked Little Kevin about the package and Little Kevin named Randy.

Wenger opted for Xhaka over Kante and even Valencia were surprised we offered 35m for a player who couldnt make it at Everton. Lucas Perez was a panic buy to keep fans quiet. It was business like this that has the club where it is now. We never made the most of CL money while other teams did.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I think Arteta is going to be fantastic manager and he has a great future ahead of him but I fear that this job might be too much, too soon for Arteta. We don't have favourable conditions for a Sacchi, Wenger or a Ferguson, to succeed in, let alone a novice.

If Arteta can turn this ship around while nothing changes above and around him, then build him a statute outside the Emirates.

Kav

Established Member

interesting that both him and emery only won half of their games so the issues are still the same and that's mean we need completely new squad and new ideas because the form in last 2 years is midtable at best and the stats shows. only noticeable improvement arteta made is defensively but made us very weak going forward and the story is same we got unbalanced squad mikel need to do best he can leave the overthinking and the inverted style until he get the players he want at the moment we need results or he won't survive any longer.

@yousif_arsenal the sample sizes are two incompatible for you to make the conclusion. Yes statistics suggest their rate is the same but Emery has 30 more games. It’s not a reasonable comparison.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Just imagining how it got a bit tough when Wenger was here. Honestly believe he would be doing bits with this attack. Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka and Özil under Wenger would have been fire.

There's absolutely no way in my mind this attack is as bad as it has been looking. Pepe was a don before he came here. Aubameyang was the best striker around last season. Chelsea were giving shoulder massages to Willian to get him to stay.

This club is reactionary, we wait until the absolute end to get rid of a manager which leaves us with no suitable replacement options. Look at Tottenham, Pochetinno was on the way out and instead of waiting they sacked him because they saw Mourinho was available.

If things go south. The club needs to make up their mind. Either stick with him to the end of the season or make sure they don't snooze when a top manager becomes available.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think Arteta outers need to accept hes staying unless something really ridiculous happens.

I'm glad he's been transparent with us in regards to what he wants. 433 and 5 new starters. He also said it probably won't be complete until 2022's window. Which is fine. But this Jan and next summer we need to see 3 of those 5 or 6.

I think we are in this for the long run and all have to accept the rebuild.
Didn’t he say he wanted to win the CL in 2-3 years?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
@yousif_arsenal the sample sizes are two incompatible for you to make the conclusion. Yes statistics suggest their rate is the same but Emery has 30 more games. It’s not a reasonable comparison.
Yes i mean how things going currently because the squad is still similar. emery had full season 2 summer transfer windows and 2 pre season.

Kav

Established Member
Really. My memory suggest that Emery came in May / June 2018 and was fired in November 2019. That’s not 2 seasons In fact it’s 18 months. One full season and 3 and a half months.

Right now Arteta is approaching a year into the job soon. He needs to do more because as bad as Emery was we weren’t languishing near the relegation zone after 10 games.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You need to show something to get investment tbh.

Wenger and Emery did more with less and they weren’t even backed. Emery at best had players show up he didn’t even ask for.

Why would you give Arteta any funds when he can’t get what he has going? Doesn’t look good for him I’m afraid - he needs to find a way to get Aubameyang, Willian and Saka firing at the very least.

Kav

Established Member
You know it looks bad when West Ham, Aston Villa, Leeds, Leicester, Wolves, Everton all look more dangerous and likely to score than Arsenal. We aren’t even talking about the usual suspects (Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham).

This is truly bottom of the barrel stuff from Arsenal.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We lost 2 games with Partey. And if our whole team this season depends on one player (which it doesnt, Partey will not improve us that much on his own) then we are in trouble. You cant rely on one player to make the difference.

Liverpool have half a team out and still winning matches. City have had Aguero missing and other players and still get results.

If you think Partey changes a 2 1 loss to Wolves into a win your deluded. He is good but he isnt that good.

Partey is good enough to control the midfield quite well and he would’ve made a huge difference replacing Xhaka or Ceballos against Wolves.

I’ll give you the loss against Leicester. But the second loss you speak of, he went off early with an injury. But it’s true that Grealish still would’ve been a problem for our right side.

David_Smith

Arteta's shown that he has the makings of a great manager. He has made some questionable decisions which he has to learn from. I'm ok with him learning on the job. But he needs to prioritise results now. I don't have the answers regarding how he can turn it around but history shows that you're judged based on results. Where there's a will there's a way. If we can somehow beat Sp**s, that will be HUGE.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This guy clearly never comes on here.

Also pretty certain we didn't sell Gnabry to Bayern it was some other bum German team
we sold him to who then sold him to Bayern?
Poor recruitment is poor recruitment but it only leads to poor squad planning if you don’t move quick enough to rectify your mistakes. It’s been 5 years and these two are still collecting a wage. Doesn’t matter if they’re only squad players now, they can still get onto the match day squad with a few injuries or suspensions. Liverpool had Karius and Lovren who were their clowns and he moved them on ASAP. We gave Xhaka a contract extension ffs. We almost gave Mustafi a new contract too but luckily he turned us down? Do you know what’s mad? There’s a very dark possibility that Xhaka could be here for 8 years if he lived out the rest of his contract. To put that in perspective Xhaka could be at the club for the same amount of years as Henry and Fabregas.

David_Smith

Xhaka is a great player. I feel that Arteta is limiting him. Arteta needs to work with Xhaka and give Xhaka some freedom in order to get the best out of him. Xhaka at his best is fantastic.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka is a great player. I feel that Arteta is limiting him. Arteta needs to work with Xhaka and give Xhaka some freedom in order to get the best out of him. Xhaka at his best is fantastic.

MlpG6j.gif

:lol::lol:

I don’t even think you believe the trash you just posted. Xhaka is everything that’s wrong with the club over the past few years.

#SwissBum

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta's shown that he has the makings of a great manager. He has made some questionable decisions which he has to learn from. I'm ok with him learning on the job. But he needs to prioritise results now. I don't have the answers regarding how he can turn it around but history shows that you're judged based on results. Where there's a will there's a way. If we can somehow beat Sp**s, that will be HUGE.
What has he shown that makes him great manager? He won a cup? He talks a good game? He is mates with pep? He has shown nothing that says he has making of great manager. Cause if he had we wouldn’t be asking what is his footballing philosophy after 12 months. He has shown nothing he can coach a team playing attacking football. And having more defenders and playing deeper doesn’t make you good defensive coach either

scytheavatar

Established Member
Just imagining how it got a bit tough when Wenger was here. Honestly believe he would be doing bits with this attack. Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka and Özil under Wenger would have been fire.

Pepe is a downgrade from Walcott. Aubameyang is a downgrade from Sanchez. Lacazette is a downgrade from Giroud. Saka needs to prove a lot more before we can call him a much better player than Iwobi. Wenger had access to better players in 2016/17 and did nothing with them.

gamechannel

To be fair to him. Those players were requested by Arteta.

Edit : He had nothing to do with Pepe’s transfer either nor Luiz. Those were Raul’s signings.

He extended Luiz. Who happens to be represented by Kia if I'm not mistaken. The same Kia who represents Edu as well. So it's not a leap to think he had a hand in the initial Luiz transfer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Performance at Old Trafford was anything but insipid.

Look at our performances with Partey in the team, that one signing makes such a huge difference. Gabriel, another signing, has made an immense difference.

I think people forget that we are now using the same attack and midfield as we had last season through the horrific runs. Until that changes not much will change.

Partey and Gabriel are proof we can be a lot better with new players under Arteta reign. He needs January and next summer to get a RCB, creative mid, another mid and an attacker to fully be able to utilise the 433 and do what he wants to do.

People forget he hasn't even been able to implement his style yet because we do not have the players to do it across the board.

The club panicked and thought we had the next hot property in management so they made him manager. He makes decisions based on his short term future. He talks about long term planning and that he needs a few windows to get what he wants. However he still makes short term buys.
The fact we are even linked with Ericksen is insane. Arteta wants short term success by signing on experienced players on big money deals, he doesn't want to let go of players. He is a walking contradiction. He wants to build a team but he signs 32 year olds, onto massive deals. He wants to talk about youth but he puts his faith in older players, he makes plays unsellable by stupid decisions and that isn't even talking about the football side of things. His man management has been atrocious. He has marginalised our most expensive signing and made him feel like crap and just to top it off he has openly said we need 5 or 6 new first team players. Players read the news. Players talk. Players are on social media. Players will be thinking, wait does he mean me? He will lose the dressing room.

I would be on board with a manager go through a tough time if I could see a style of play, a plan, and view to being good in 3 years. Nothing he has done suggests that. The FA cup win is the extract same thing Wenger did when he had an inferior team. Wigan won the fa cup ffs without a pandemic.

If Arteta had come in and said:

Mustafi isn't good enough - freeze him out, force him to leave on a low fee.

Xhaka wanted to **** off to Berlin -let him go, take the 15 million. Let me try AMN and risk it, see if he is good enough or if he needs to be sold.

If he said he loved Auba but he could see the benefit of a deal for an older player regardless of his status. Sell him for a low fee like 20 million outside the league.

If he said lacazette was done and sold him to Roma for 15 million.

That's not even talking about how he handled the Torreira and Guendouzi situation. Save face with Guendouzi, play him get him to sign a new deal and then put him on the market.

Take reduced fees for Kolasinac and Torreira.

He would have made space for at least 150 million pounds worth of business in the summer.

He could have started to actually rebuild and say this is my project, give me time.

Instead he got into bed with Kia, Mustafi and Xhaka. He played Cedric and signed Willian. Let's put that into perspective. Someone who wants 2-3 windows signed Willian, when he had Nelson, ESR, Saka and ****ing Pepe.

He talks about having to win the ball in the opposition half, but he kept Ceballos? Xhaka?

Give me a break. He could have took the hardline and blew up the squad and rebuilt it. He didn't take that opportunity, he has signed more old players, and our new highest earner is someone who doesn't fit his system.

He has literally ****ed himself.

Top Bottom