• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Everyone on here needs to sit the **** down. Don't turn on the players and manager, and especially not now that people will be let into the stadium again. We don't need those 2000 fans to be toxic in the stands and this general lingo is gonna enable that.
Support the club, support the players, support the manager.
Posts like this must be for cathartic reasons because I can promise you that nobody with an entrenched position has ever said to themselves,"You know what, that random bloke on AM is right". That's not at all how it works.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Coming into the all-important north London derby this weekend, the Gabonese striker has scored just one goal in his last nine league appearances – his worst run in league competition since also scoring once in a nine-game period for Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga between October and December 2014. A goalscoring drought is one thing, but a goalscoring drought on which a striker’s opportunities have also fallen off raises larger concerns. Both are true in this case.

His positional shift has meant a lack of goalscoring opportunities, which has seen Aubameyang have lower quality open play chances in the competition this season than Patrick Bamford has been afforded in two single match performances in 2020/21 for Leeds United.

:lol:

Arteta finally bowed to fan pressure and played Aubameyang as the central striker, which saw him post his best shot total (5), best xG figure (0.67) and most touches in the opposition box (9) in a Premier League game this season.

Looking at Arsenal’s passing network from the Wolves game, it becomes clear that the major issue was successfully getting the ball to Aubameyang.
No player to play more than 30 minutes in the game on Sunday managed fewer ball touches overall than Aubameyang (23) and he received fewer passes from his teammates (8) than goalkeeper Bernd Leno (9)

the Gunners have scored fewer goals, attempted fewer shots and posted lower xG numbers in their first 30 Premier League games under Arteta than they did in their final 30 Premier League matches with Emery as manager – and it’s the same story for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang himself.

With Emery in charge, Aubameyang posted the third best xG per 90 from non-penalty shots in the Premier League (0.56), but this has reduced to 0.29 per 90 during Arteta’s reign – the 28th highest in the competition during this period since December 26, 2019.

Source: https://www.statsperform.com/resource/aubameyang-whats-gone-wrong/

'it's because he got paid he doesn't care anymore they said' :lol:

This is bad looking for Arteta. He has to build a system that fits our best scorer, so he can shine.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Auba is clearly getting less chances. BUT at the same time his touch is awful right now and his shooting has been quite poor.

I miss watching him glide in from the left and pop a peach in the right corner, Thierry esque.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This opening goal feels like it was years ago.
lol the joke is the way things are, he'd have to shoot at the edge of the box like that every week and hope for the best.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Auba is clearly getting less chances. BUT at the same time his touch is awful right now and his shooting has been quite poor.

I miss watching him glide in from the left and pop a peach in the right corner, Thierry esque.

The less balls he gets, the more frustrated he gets and the less confidence he has.

Clearly the system hasn't been suiting him this season. We have to put him back in rythm.
Auba has never been a gifted technical player, his first touch has most of the time been meeeh.
Shooting comes with confidence, like he was shooting those incredible goals just for fun a la Henry when he was super confident.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His best position is on the left. If he played for a top team, he'd play on the left. His skill set suits the modern wide forward: speed, runs in behind, finishing.

Playing him down the middle limits his own game, he doesnt want to be dropping deep linking play or being double marked by center backs.

Think singing a center forward that can occupy center backs and link the play properly would benefit Auba as much as signing a creative midfielder.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol:

Source: https://www.statsperform.com/resource/aubameyang-whats-gone-wrong/

'it's because he got paid he doesn't care anymore they said' :lol:

This is bad looking for Arteta. He has to build a system that fits our best scorer, so he can shine.

The funny thing is the eye test is enough to show us that Arteta just doesn't know how to build an attack. I'm glad the stats also back it up.

I wonder if Arteta can do it without KDB, Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez you know some of the best players in the world. Pep himself never had to deal with guys like Lacazette.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I've bookmarked this post and will copy paste numerous times in the future like @Football Manager does his own posts. I may as well be Football Manager Lite.

I think everybody should read it - they won't, but they should.

Anyone who has watched us for a few games can see what the problem is. We did supply the heat maps, shots, final third actions etc but that still hasn't convinced some.

You don't even need to see the stats to come to a conclusion anyway. All you need to ask is a simple question. What is more likely. The fact that a guy who scored consistently throughout his career, under various managers, various systems, different leagues, regardless of the form of his team had suddenly and inexplicably forgot how to score while at the peak of his career? Or maybe, he is currently playing in a team who just haven't got a clue how to attack?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Wouldn’t say quietly :lol:

And no Im not in heaven, as watching Arsenal at the moment is as close to voluntary torture as you can get.

Would love for Auba to go on a goal streak and prove me wrong. Wont happen though.
Im also against the whole coz he got paid he’s crap argument, doesn’t strike me as that sort of guy tbh and thats never the point I was trying to make with Auba. Only that he’s limited and I feel our attack and team chemistry suffers with him in the team.
@Macho

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm assuming you've played football? Notice how you play better when you're already having a good performance and getting really involved?

If I was to pull a number out of thin air I'd say performing in football is 30% confidence. Most players out there need good performances to feed that confidence, it's an ongoing cycle.

Only the most elite of mentalities can create that confidence in themselves even if their performances are suffering.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
There are many reasons why he’s not scoring that are worth debating but his body language especially at the end of the last game was quite shocking. He completely gave up on the belief that we were capable of scoring a goal. If Arteta doesn’t get some belief back into the first team he won’t be long in this job.

1 other person

Posts like this must be for cathartic reasons because I can promise you that nobody with an entrenched position has ever said to themselves,"You know what, that random bloke on AM is right". That's not at all how it works.
I dunno mate. I think there are a lot of lurkers on here that think this place is the Arsenal Fan Bible. I don’t want to inflate any egos, but especially during lockdown I’m sure a lot of veteran posters on here are looked at when people try to make up their minds on our current position. I do agree that I perhaps worded it a little strongly. Point still stands though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
His interview about the Sp**s match looked pathetic. That's your captain and you expect passion and motivation and drive. Basically looks like he is going into the match expecting a loss and is already beaten. This club keeps making bad mistake after bad mistake.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I just watched the clip on Instagram and it looks like he was made to say those things, even though he doesn't believe a word. :lol:

Big time. There looks a lot more to this than meets the eye. Within 2 months that team has went from buying into Arteta and riding the Crest of a wave to looking lost and completely unmotivated. Last time seen that was Chelsea under Mourinho when they hung him out to dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom